Are These Finds Good Deals?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
These look interesting. I don't know much about Von Schweikert but they usually go for more than $1150 for a pair of VR2s.

Might be too much of a drive but these VR-2000’s for $700 are a better deal by far:

If they were on the east coast I would have worked out a way to own them by now. :oops:

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
And if anybody was eyeing the Ascend Sierra 2 speakers, these might be just what you were looking for (assuming you're a complete idiot who painted not only the cabinets but also THE WOOFERS!):

It's GOLD!!!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
And if anybody was eyeing the Ascend Sierra 2 speakers, these might be just what you were looking for (assuming you're a complete idiot who painted not only the cabinets but also THE WOOFERS!):

It's GOLD!!!
They wanted the Sierra's to look like Klipsch.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
B&W are usually a pass, but aren't the Matrix series one of the better ones? Matrix 803 S2s for $1298 to be exact.

How can I put my potted plants on my speakers with the tweeters there?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

It's GOLD!!!
I almost hope that he can't sell them...that's taking art and pooping on it... Can you imagine what his room must look like?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
This is interesting, but not a bad deal, but they are not KEG speakers. :) And they are not Q1 but are iQ1 and iQ2 center ... I did have him post pictures with the grills removed ... one thing for sure, I did not like the former Q15 speakers. They look to be in good shape. If I get them to toy with, I expect that I will have to go inside them and treat the inner walls some, as i expect them to be somewhat resonance sounding. And I will throw them against the modded Cambridge S30 by Dennis Murphy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is interesting, but not a bad deal, but they are not KEG speakers. :) And they are not Q1 but are iQ1 and iQ2 center ... I did have him post pictures with the grills removed ... one thing for sure, I did not like the former Q15 speakers. They look to be in good shape. If I get them to toy with, I expect that I will have to go inside them and treat the inner walls some, as i expect them to be somewhat resonance sounding. And I will throw them against the modded Cambridge S30 by Dennis Murphy.
Those do look very interesting. Very solid looking. I like the shape and oak cabs too. Have you heard them before?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Those do look very interesting. Very solid looking. I like the shape and oak cabs too. Have you heard them before?
not that series, but the older Q15 series ... if I buy them, I should be able to sell them in the future at a lost in this tough Knoxville, TN area.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I never heard of Fountain speakers before, but I know of at least 1 other Australian or Kiwi brand I'd never heard of who make some very nice speakers. I can't remember the name. Someone posted 'em up a while ago.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Might be a Kiwi exclusive brand. Could be white van (does NZ have such a thing?) but those rarely have bi-wire posts.
Always have a wary eye out for white van speakers, for sure. A close inspection and an audition will bear that out tho. From the pics I think they do look pretty nice. Dual 5 way binding posts and seemingly decent looking drivers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
These look like a good local deal but not necessarily for the price (though possibly good - there is a pair on the E of Bays for $1K more):

What I like about these is they are being sold by an awesome A/V dealer (with emphasis on the 'A') John Fort in Richardson (if your are familiar with DFW). He is one of the good guys and does things the old fashioned B&M way. Besides selling new, he reconditions vintage stuff. In the pictures, to the right of the left speaker is a sweet Marantz 2245 receiver with a black facia and custom walnut case. He let me borrow the Marantz 1060 integrated (left of the left speaker) while I waited for my Parasound to arrive and I fell in love with it (I may still get it just to have it). Anyway, support local!

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I never heard of Fountain speakers before, but I know of at least 1 other Australian or Kiwi brand I'd never heard of who make some very nice speakers. I can't remember the name. Someone posted 'em up a while ago.
Your probably thinking of Theopany. Beautiful speakers with a high price, and a strange backstory. Visit the website

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis