Are These Finds Good Deals?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
This looks like a pretty solid deal for a grand. The 40's by themselves sold for around $1500 per pair if I remember correctly. This a 5-piece Martin Logan set plus a receiver.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This looks like a pretty solid deal for a grand. The 40's by themselves sold for around $1500 per pair if I remember correctly. This a 5-piece Martin Logan set plus a receiver.

Yeah, that's not bad at all. Everything looks in great shape too. That sub tho...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
At this point, all of @Pogre 's gathered rabbit holes create a warren that rivals the size of the supercolonies of the Argentinian Ant:
3,700 miles
Scientists believe the colony stretches for 3,700 miles and has 33 ant populations with millions of nests and billions of workers. Argentine ants have also created another supercolony in California that scientists call the “Californian large.” This gigantic colony spreads over 560 miles along the California coast.
:p ;)

:cool:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That was....VERY specific
I think he's just showing off his diverse knowledge of Argentinian ant supercolonies. :p

What's funny is, I've heard of them. Their empire spans over continents. This yt channel is one of my favorites. Kurtzgesagt. Good production and very thoroughly researched.

They also do a lot of videos on astronomy, black holes, strange quark stars and different hypotheses about ways the universe could end. I highly recommend the "Existential Crisis" playlist!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was just reading something about the Argentinian colony as well as the big one in California, the "Californian large" I think it was called.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Living in CA and dealing with what I think are these ants... you really are powerless. No amount of ant bait or poison will stop them. I've watched these things empty traps and come back for more.
SMDH

I will say that Diatomaceous Earth does seem to get the message across that they are not welcome. But using that only works in certain instances, and it has to stay dry to be effective.

Anyway... Not to pick on Friend @Pogre exclusively... I too have my own warren of sorts, and it is called Transmission Line. Warren, or a brick wall to beat my head against; unsure which.
*scratches chin quizzically

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So what's the story on Dynaudio? When I see them up for sale the asking price is pretty much always north of $1000. These Contour S 3.4 towers are available for $2000. And why does it look like the tweeter is upside down??

I haven’t met anyone yet that’s unhappy with any Dynaudio tweeter. If you haven’t yet I suggest you spend a little time listening to some Dyn’s.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Living in CA and dealing with what I think are these ants... you really are powerless. No amount of ant bait or poison will stop them. I've watched these things empty traps and come back for more.
SMDH

I will say that Diatomaceous Earth does seem to get the message across that they are not welcome. But using that only works in certain instances, and it has to stay dry to be effective.

Anyway... Not to pick on Friend @Pogre exclusively... I too have my own warren of sorts, and it is called Transmission Line. Warren, or a brick wall to beat my head against; unsure which.
*scratches chin quizzically
Spray an ant with Simple Green cleaner, you’ll thank me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I'm starting to get my usual ant invasion so I'll mix up some borax and sugar for them to take home....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another set of Infinity ILs! These look like the IL50 or 60s for fronts tho. Of course you can't tell from the ad since the poster doesn't even bother with a decent description or very good pics. When I see ads like this I think they must not want to sell very bad... anyhoo, that means internal amps and powered "sub" sections. Might be why the asking price is so high. They're nice, and well worth it... at one time, but I have a feeling these are gonna be in there for a while at $1750.

Now these otoh, look pretty interesting. I've always wanted to check out Focal speakers. When I'm drooling over stupid expensive speakers Focal are some of my favorites. These Chorus 706 V books are going for $325.

*Edit: I need to look up some of these speakers before posting them. Those Focals aren't anything spectacular. They look to be more on the entry level side than high end.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Now these otoh, look pretty interesting. I've always wanted to check out Focal speakers. When I'm drooling over stupid expensive speakers Focal are some of my favorites. These Chorus 706 V books are going for $325.

*Edit: I need to look up some of these speakers before posting them. Those Focals aren't anything spectacular. They look to be more on the entry level side than high end.
I love my 706’s!!! Nothing spectacular but very easy to listen to with off axis listening still very enjoyable. They can also use a sub if they’re not in a very small room but for $375 you would definitely keep them around for years without getting tired or bored with them.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
$1,500 for a pair of BMR’s on AVS

He's selling at full price, $1350 plus shipping. I don't know if those older speakers were ever lower in price than that, but that is the new price from Dennis in 2018.
Nonetheless, great speakers. Anybody willing to to pay full price for 3-4 year old speakers will have a great opportunity!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
He's selling at full price, $1350 plus shipping. I don't know if those older speakers were ever lower in price than that, but that is the new price from Dennis in 2018.
Nonetheless, great speakers. Anybody willing to to pay full price for 3-4 year old speakers will have a great opportunity!
I guess I was thinking of Salk pricing

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I guess I was thinking of Salk pricing
Compared to the newer BMR Update with the SB Acoustics Ceramic Woofer, at $1700, it definitely comes across as a good buy.
If I were in the market, I'd put an offer at $1000 plus shipping, try to get him down to $1100. They look to be in pretty good shape except for that scratch, but even old Salks in pristine condition don't hold their value at 100% of original cost! And these are in Dayton Audio pre-fab cabinets. ;) (Don't misunderstand, those cabinets are very well built, and I wish Dayton/Parts Express still sold them for the DIY market!!!)

Regardless, a great opportunity for the lucky person, especially if they can talk him down a little.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$1,500 for a pair of BMR’s on AVS

They sold quick! I gotta say, they sure do look sharp in piano gloss black.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis