Are These Finds Good Deals?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
JBLs for 100. These appear to have a powered woofer section. Think I could get them cheaper. Even but have zero need for them

1615669894488.jpeg

1615669955475.jpeg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They sold quick! I gotta say, they sure do look sharp in piano gloss black.
I would love to get my hands on one more of the Piano Black Bennic BMRs (as per Shady's review). These were the ones Dennis was selling up until he "retired," and after the Dayton Cabinets became unavailable.
It would likely be because someone is selling their BMR "center." I just don't know how many of these are out in the world.
Conversely, I would buy a single BMR kit from Meniscus and just build my own cabinets, transferring the parts from my odd man BMR to match the single kit. Of course, I'd have my work cut out trying to match the existing cabinets and would likely have to pay somebody to put the Piano Black finish on. (I'm not that cool. Yet! :cool: )
Or... I really get ballsy and build out 5 cabinets and veneer them with Curly Maple, and dye them to match the Phils! o_O ;)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
JBLs for 100. These appear to have a powered woofer section. Think I could get them cheaper. Even but have zero need for them
They are worth $100 if it is for a pair and if the on-board powered sub amp is still working ... also need to inspect behind the grills ... and they look a little too dirty for me ... the add seems a little suspect

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
They are worth $100 if it is for a pair and if the on-board powered sub amp is still working ... also need to inspect behind the grills ... and they look a little too dirty for me ... the add seems a little suspect

Yeah, since I have no real use for them I’d only offer 50 or less as they seem to just want to get rid of them. But they are too big to play around with as I have no set use for them. Sure someone could clean them up and flip them. If someone has an extra room for a system those cleaned up could be good though

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Then I better not show the Gallo 5LS that's still available. ;)

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649715766-gallo-reference-5ls/
These are pretty expensive but the price on the 3.1s was pretty good. Not surprised they sold so quickly.
Look what just popped up in my local craigslist!

I found a couple of little surprises in there today. More posts coming.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
This is what I am looking at, the Madisound RBR Reference speakers ... I messaged the guy that I want to audition them ... he messaged back that he will try to dig out an amp ... I will not buy without hearing them ... they have to beat the Revel Performa3 for me to spend for them

00Z0Z_8ChW8WuOhFez_0CI0s2_600x450.jpg
01414_d55ANYMRH7Jz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
This is what I am looking at, the Madisound RBR Reference speakers ... I messaged the guy that I want to audition them ... he messaged back that he will try to did out an amp ... I will not buy without hearing them ... they have to beat the Revel Performa3 for me to spend for them

View attachment 45663View attachment 45664

They have an attractive look. If they sound as good as they look, it would be a good deal at a reasonable cost.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Saw this yesterday and almost got it. I think my Behringer is basically the same size with the same options and a bit more options. Paid I think $30ish for mine. I left without anything, except got a couple of cool t-shirts at my other Thrift store.
IMG_16032021_125651_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Saw this yesterday and almost got it. I think my Behringer is basically the same size with the same options and a bit more options. Paid I think $30ish for mine. I left without anything, except got a couple of cool t-shirts at my other Thrift store.
View attachment 45679
Yeah, but behringer vs. marshall though...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, but behringer vs. marshall though...
Well yeah of course, but price matters and mine has enough functions for my needs. It was hard to pass it by though. I'm sure some talented kid will get a kick out of it was my feeling at the time.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is what I am looking at, the Madisound RBR Reference speakers ... I messaged the guy that I want to audition them ... he messaged back that he will try to dig out an amp ... I will not buy without hearing them ... they have to beat the Revel Performa3 for me to spend for them

View attachment 45663View attachment 45664

Those look very interesting. Nice looking cabs. I'm not familiar with them tho.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Those look very interesting. Nice looking cabs. I'm not familiar with them tho.
A lot of people do not know much about them ... but the drivers are expensive and are good ones with Scan-Speak Revelator woofers and SB Acoustics dimple dome tweeters ... the former Boston VS series had the SB Acoutics tweeters and they were nice. The woofer and tweeters retail for a little over $500 and the cabinets did not come with it. When someone builds DIY speakers, they sometimes do not always follow the proper specs and port tuning and cabinet bracing and stuffing properly ... plus on these cabinets in the picture, I am a little concerned about diffraction to the sides.

The guy does not seem anxious to sell them, and his communication seems poor ... plus my question is, why does he not already have an amp hooked up to them? Not a real big deal if I do not get them and not the end of the world ... some info here

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Single JBL 590, open box unused (Georgia) for $400:

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
A lot of people do not know much about them ... but the drivers are expensive and are good ones with Scan-Speak Revelator woofers and SB Acoustics dimple dome tweeters ... the former Boston VS series had the SB Acoutics tweeters and they were nice. The woofer and tweeters retail for a little over $500 and the cabinets did not come with it. When someone builds DIY speakers, they sometimes do not always follow the proper specs and port tuning and cabinet bracing and stuffing properly ... plus on these cabinets in the picture, I am a little concerned about diffraction to the sides.

The guy does not seem anxious to sell them, and his communication seems poor ... plus my question is, why does he not already have an amp hooked up to them? Not a real big deal if I do not get them and not the end of the world ... some info here
I think that there's always gonna be something great out there if you stay patient... You've made some great scores.. Those revels were a steal... I'm following that strategy..

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a fun one! Prices range on HiFi Shark from $15-22K, so $17,500 is not too bad...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I think that there's always gonna be something great out there if you stay patient... You've made some great scores.. Those revels were a steal... I'm following that strategy..
I should find something soon ... always looking

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis