Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy cow you guys. Operation cleanup was pretty successful! Check 'em out!

441.jpeg
447.jpeg
444.jpeg
445.jpeg
446.jpeg
443.jpeg
450.jpeg
449.jpeg
454.jpeg
452.jpeg

They were pretty dusty, but they sure cleaned up nice! There were paint drips on both cabs and I wasn't sure how that was gonna turn out, but a little rubbing alcohol (chased immediately with a damp rag) pulled it right off! There are some minor dings on some corners and edges that you can see if you zoom a little, but all in all I'm pretty tickled how they turned out! I'm kinda motivated to try and re-screen the grilles now too.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

View attachment 36118View attachment 36119View attachment 36120View attachment 36121View attachment 36122View attachment 36123View attachment 36125View attachment 36126View attachment 36127View attachment 36128

They were pretty dusty, but they sure cleaned up nice! There were paint drips on both cabs and I wasn't sure how that was gonna turn out, but a little rubbing alcohol (chased immediately with a damp rag) pulled it right off! There are some minor dings on some corners and edges that you can see if you zoom a little, but all in all I'm pretty tickled how they turned out! I'm kinda motivated to try and re-screen the grilles now too.
Pretty sweet!
Did you ask that dude to just put you on speed dial?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, how would this be for a first post?

"I'm having trouble hearing dialogue and I don't understand why. The more speakers I hook up the worse it seems to make it. Here's my setup. They're all parallel bi amped too. I'm thinking about getting a more powerful amp and another center channel. Will that work?"

457.jpeg

Mrs. Pogre = world's most supportive and flexible audio wife, EVAR!! :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

"I'm having trouble hearing dialogue and I don't understand why. The more speakers I hook up the worse it seems to make it. Here's my setup. They're all parallel bi amped too. I'm thinking about getting a more powerful amp and another center channel. Will that work?"

View attachment 36129

Droppin rainbows like f-bombs in a busy kitchen! :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty sweet!
Did you ask that dude to just put you on speed dial?
I texted him back to tell him they work and work well. Mighta made an audio buddy. He's a Goodwill and pawn shopper, then sells stuff on CL. Seems like he's into vintage. He was proud of his $7 amp, lol. That's not a mocking lol either. If a guy can find a competent vintage amp that does what he needs it to do for $7 that's a score in my book.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 36118View attachment 36119View attachment 36120View attachment 36121View attachment 36122View attachment 36123View attachment 36125View attachment 36126View attachment 36127View attachment 36128

That’s how I feel when I clean up dusty electronic stuff I acquired. Most of the stuff I’ve bought used have cleaned up real well and look almost new. Lucky fella KEF look/sound great. You finally did good at only 30 coins. Rah.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That’s how I feel when I clean up dusty electronic stuff I acquired. Most of the stuff I’ve bought used have cleaned up real well and look almost new. Lucky fella KEF look/sound great. You finally did good at only 30 coins. Rah.
When I first started posting here I had just replaced a pair of B&W DM570s from the same production years as those Kefs and they did not sound this good at all, and I paid a lot more for them when I bought them in the mid 90s... :(

395041-3ad535d2-classic_bw_dm570_loudspeakers.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 36129

Whoaaaa.....hang on there. You need to add a few sets of super-tweeters before you do anything else! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I just stumbled onto this sale as I've been looking for speakers for my HT setup.
25% off all Klipsch "production" speakers. They're accepting back orders as well, which is awesome of them
At least 8, IIRC... taped and tacked to a board nailed to the top...

Hmmm, where have I seen that before?
Just don’t overpower the Chocolately mids with to many super tweeters.

► Klipsch Appreciation Event (use codeword APPRECIATION).

Klipschorn pissing of the neighbors since 1946

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Found these. JBL speakers looks cool retro, JBL sub looks cool and Energy subs(150 Watts and goes down to 35hz) looks to be a Dayton 1200 for those on a budget. All great deals:
3C78EBBB-C382-4E2C-93C3-E649BB86D95A.png
7B93B76D-D1A3-4740-AA7F-3C8F95B85CE4.png
517CE78E-1984-45D1-9F4C-4AA95C9D419F.png

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can see it now, on the very same day you receive the new Towers, you leave them boxed to drive 37.5 miles to pick up a 6 pair of Super Tweeters to stud all your old speakers with... for $45 OBO. :D

"SSSSSSS - SSSSSSS"
'Dat da Sound of my Highs"

:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis