Are These Finds Good Deals?

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The White Van stuff has been all over Craigslist for a long, long time. The only change is that they went from junky stereo speakers to even junkier surround sound systems to even junkier projectors.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Paradigm Studio 20s for $599- @KEW weren't these part of the bookshelf speaker shootout you did a while back?
View attachment 35933View attachment 35932
This somehow slipped by without me catching the notification!
The ones you are thinking of are the Paradigm Signature S-2's which are a step up from these. They have Be tweeters and retailed for somewhere around $3400/pr (I got mine used for $1350 and that included the stands). If you could find a pair of those for $500, that would be a serious deal! Paradigm uses (or at least did then) a bit of raised treble to make them standout on the showroom floor (my guess). Paradigm was in on the Canadian NRC lab from the ground floor, so I have to believe it is deliberate. Nonetheless, they are wonderful speakers and the build quality is truly impressive!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I also found these Infinity Reference 4s for $275 that look like they might be worth a look.
00505_1NAm6My3s5b_600x450.jpg
00u0u_5TSi404XKPZ_600x450.jpg

Infinity SM155S for $300
00F0F_9bjx0iHB8w8_600x450.jpg
00p0p_au7w3dJ84Kv_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This really caught my attention because I don't think I've seen anything from Aperion up until now. A Bravus 8D sub in red cherry and a really cool looking center channel, Intimus 5C. $350 for both.
00n0n_HURR7r04g5_600x450.jpg
00M0M_dJ18B09XHXk_1200x900.jpg
00s0s_2HsxsmuJ41G_600x450.jpg
00505_4TxLLvxcwRJ_600x450.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This really caught my attention because I don't think I've seen anything from Aperion up until now. A Brutus 8D sub in red cherry and a really cool looking center channel, Intimus 5C. $350 for both.
View attachment 35983View attachment 35986View attachment 35984View attachment 35985
Aperion has been well regarded in general, esp at the price. I have never heard them.

It's also odd, they haven't been on my radar the last several years, but when I was first getting into the hobby many years ago, they were often recommended.

Edit--I believe the Verus Grand is the one most liked, and Intimus was their entry level.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Aperion has been well regarded in general, esp at the price. I have never heard them.

It's also odd, they haven't been on my radar the last several years, but when I was first getting into the hobby many years ago, they were often recommended.

Edit--I believe the Verus Grand is the one most liked, and Intimus was their entry level.
I remember reading about Aperion and I think they were still being recommended when I first joined up here. Then they just fell off my radar until now. Their gear looks pretty nice and their prices seem reasonable.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I remember reading about Aperion and I think they were still being recommended when I first joined up here. Then they just fell off my radar until now. Their gear looks pretty nice and their prices seem reasonable.
I remember good reviews in S&V. I took a look at their website just now, and they have some pretty good sales going on, they also have quite a few more products than the last time I checked them out.

The S&V measurements on the Verus sure don't make me want to run out and find them though!
1588711103990.png

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We used to talk about them a lot, but as you saw, they just kind of weren't talked about anymore. Not sure they've released anything new in a while. That may be the reason, but I'm not sure.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Aperion has updated the Verus (?) line, somewhat recently. When I was shopping in Autumn/Winter 2018, I was pointed in their direction.
The Sale price was tempting, but the void their return policy with sale pricing which made me flat out nix them.
*shrugs
I'd still like to hear them, though! :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, these would normally be a hard pass because they look beat up, but... $50 for a pair of KEF C75? I only know that because it says it on the image of the binding posts and these are the only 2 images. Ad does say they play fine, if beat up looking.

00U0U_2ohikg6v8m5_1200x900.jpg
00m0m_4SW1HWy548N_1200x900.jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
KEF drivers usually sell for decent money on ebay. You can sell the drivers and crossovers one piece at a time and make a good profit.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang if I were you I’d go listen. Those look good to me visually. You Lucky B.:p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I emailed him and no reply yet. In the ad it says "text only", but there no phone number...
LOL someone being a bit too protective of their identity for internet sales ads :)

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I emailed him and no reply yet. In the ad it says "text only", but there no phone number...
The contact info is in a click-box in the upper left corner (where it says "reply"). Click on it and it will bring up contact info. Inside that box, there's another thing to click to bring up his phone number.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The contact info is in a click-box in the upper left corner (where it says "reply"). Click on it and it will bring up contact info. Inside that box, there's another thing to click to bring up his phone number.
Let me know if you find it, pls!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis