Aperion Intimus 5.1, used prices, maybe keep it?

M

mbrannan503

Audiophyte
Intimus 5T x2, 5c, 4B x2, 5C, bravus 8d dual driver. Got all this for free... it's awesome but a LOT for a bedroom. How much do you think I'd get for the 2x 5T and the bravus 8d?

pics of 5 speakers. Minor scratches cuz fucking gloss black.

Someone wants to buy the 5 today for $110 (but new it's like $600...)
Another person is interested in the sub, but I just said $250 guessing (10d sold for $450 shipped), here's pics.
I saw 4T''s going for like 500 after shipping, so like not less than $450 for 5T's right?

I have a pioneer vsx1019ah, but it's huge, no idea what buttons do, is a mini furnace and it's pretty old. So I kinda just don't care about it.

Prob keep the bookshelf speakers since you always want those right?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd just use it. The Pioneer's manual might help; a fan to help cool it might be in order (I had a 919 and it ran very warm, eventually crapped out but pre-dated my use of fans to help too). Checking used prices by closed/completed deals on ebay is one way to check for market value....or some of the audio specific classifieds. What makes bookshelf speakers always wanted particularly?

M

mbrannan503

Audiophyte
Really I just need someone with good knowledge about speakers to give me some kind of ballpark for everything. Is an 8" dual driver sub worth $200? is a intimus 5c worth 150+? How much better are the 5T's than the 4T's that sold for $400.

I've checked used prices but Intimus seem to be pretty rare. I can only find similar+worse models. or similar with bluetooth. It's all confusing.

Why I don't really wanna keep: 1. Getting rid of everything so moving is simpler. Then the sub is pointless to me since the tower's have too much bass as it is, the towers i just don't care about much anymore in a bedroom with no TV. bookshelves I can always use for my PC. The pioneer receiver isnt so hot it'll broke or anything, its sp hot that I need AC which is just wasteful.

I'd pretty much be holding onto them for 5+ years later if I have a house, also a bit of sentimental value. But I NEED headphones. I've spent like $1300 all together on diff ones and I just have some $20 ones cuz none of them were worth keeping.

The sub is really tricky since there's like 100 on craigslist and most people have no idea why 1 sub is so much better than the dozens of cheap ones on there.

Maybe I'll try reverb.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Really I just need someone with good knowledge about speakers to give me some kind of ballpark for everything.
I'm that guy.

I won some Aperion speakers worth $690. I sold them for $450 I believe. A few years later I bought another pair for $150.

That's a big @ss ballpark for good as new gear in original packaging.

Get what you can for them, even if it's just a good home.

M

mbrannan503

Audiophyte
Oh, crazy. What were the ones you won? like towers?

M

mbrannan503

Audiophyte
I guess I'll just leave them up for a bit and see what offers I get. $110 for the 5c def seems too low though

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, crazy. What were the ones you won? like towers?

dipole surrounds

wall mounts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis