5.1 Speaker Suggestions

N

N1ghtcrawl3r

Audioholic Intern
Update time!
So - I got the bookshelves and center channel in my hands last evening. Today is break in day - and at the moment I'm loving them! Also - getting it shipped the way I did has ended up being way way cheaper and quite hassle free - so for any Canadians trying to buy equipment from the US - I would strongly recommend going this route.
Sort of bad news is that I bought clamp bookshelf mounts earlier - but they are no good for the Q's. The curved edges don't let the clamp get a good enough grip - so perhaps my only option is to also get the wall mounts that QA sells for the 3020s.
Pics will come next week or so when I get the 3050s :). Thanks everyone again for your help.

N

N1ghtcrawl3r

Audioholic Intern
Hey All! Its pic time :).

Thanks all for your help in choosing my new babies. I am super happy with them - especially since it was a bit of a risk having not heard them in person. I've been breaking them in since this weekend, but they sound great even right out of the box.
The front left speaker had to be toed in just a little more than the right. Due to its proximity to the wall, the stereo image was a little to the left...but the extra toe in seems to have fixed that.

Audyssey suggested I cross over to the sub at 60Hz, but I changed that to 80Hz. I didn't hear much of a difference between the port bungs being in or out - so I left them in. Especially since I have a toddler at port bung height and she loves putting round objects into holes. I found 3 balls rattling around in my energy subwoofer, when she was at crawling height. o_O

For any Canadians interested in these: I got the whole setup (5 speakers + 2 wall brackets) for CAD 1664 - all in. So it worked out well within my budget. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

Front.png
back.png

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Hey All! Its pic time :).

Thanks all for your help in choosing my new babies. I am super happy with them - especially since it was a bit of a risk having not heard them in person. I've been breaking them in since this weekend, but they sound great even right out of the box.
The front left speaker had to be toed in just a little more than the right. Due to its proximity to the wall, the stereo image was a little to the left...but the extra toe in seems to have fixed that.

Audyssey suggested I cross over to the sub at 60Hz, but I changed that to 80Hz. I didn't hear much of a difference between the port bungs being in or out - so I left them in. Especially since I have a toddler at port bung height and she loves putting round objects into holes. I found 3 balls rattling around in my energy subwoofer, when she was at crawling height. o_O

For any Canadians interested in these: I got the whole setup (5 speakers + 2 wall brackets) for CAD 1664 - all in. So it worked out well within my budget. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

View attachment 22672 View attachment 22673
Is that an IKEA TV Bench?

N

N1ghtcrawl3r

Audioholic Intern
Hey @Roen . No. I got it off some online furniture website...5 or so years ago. Sorry - can't recall which one.

N

N1ghtcrawl3r

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys,
Given that the rear/surround speakers are no longer at ear height - they are about 3 feet above ear level...what do u recommend the ideal angle and tilt should be? I use this more for 5.1 channel music than movies - so that might be a factor since movies would give a preference to more "diffuse" sound. Just wondering if I should play around and see what works best.

See the 2nd pic I posted in post #63

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis