American audio industry may suffer a blow..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, Hillary supporters! What happened to your bae?

More importantly, why is the drumpf your bae? You have special feelings for mushroom lord helmet boys in tightie whities who like getting peed on? Don't assume just because people find the drumpf disgusting that they're Hillary fans particularly either. Altho certainly a superior choice to the drumpf.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The tariffs are going to create some wins and loses for different sectors, but the obvious fact is a lot more money is being skimmed off of materials and products going in and out of the country. Unquestionably, that makes those things more expensive.
Returning the US to a manufacturing economy (if that is a desirable thing) will not happen overnight. I know if I walk around my house looking at country of origin for the products, there is not much from the US. The tariffs are not going to provide a positive influence on the stock market this quickly.
The market was on the upsweep when Trump took office and Trump has performed one act which is sure to benefit stocks. Essentially the "tax cuts" are taking over a trillion dollars in deficit and giving it to corporations (that were not struggling, but aren't going to turn down free money).
I got to be honest, I fear sometime in the future the government is going to start reducing/eliminating Social Security benefits because they cannot afford them and the deficit will be the driving force behind this decision.

I might also point out that stable modern governments have major changes, such as these tariffs, phase in over extended periods of time (like 1/5 of the total amount phase in every year starting next year). If the objective of the tariffs is to bring steel/aluminum and manufacturing back to the US, why not give companies the time to restructure/relocate as the tariffs phase in instead of causing such distress to these corporations whose business plans involved global production?

If you have any business awareness of small third world countries, you will recognize the cost instability has on the ability of people to make the long term planning needed to build the kinds of large businesses needed to elevate their country out of third world status.

The drumpf has no actual plans besides allowing more pollution and helping old energy tech/money. He has no clues about actual international trade except making his cheap crap clothing overseas.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
A real estate company. Well that says a lot. That is a pretty dumb statement I have to say.
I don't take Weichert seriously because they are a real estate company. How dumb did that just sound?
Boy I see how this ignorant fool because president with logic like this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
But if you understand why walmart is soo successful, it's all on real estate. Look at the profit margin for walmart retail, it's terrible, its 3%.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The drumpf has no actual plans besides allowing more pollution and helping old energy tech/money. He has no clues about actual international trade except making his cheap crap clothing overseas.
Trump is motivated by the prospect of being respected and being a "winner".
I do not believe he has any real concerns about all of the hot-button topics such as gun control or abortion (or anything else) - he just reacts to the values of the people around him.
After talking to the people from the Parkland HS mass shooting, he believed that was the winning path and started talking about going up against the NRA, but later, after speaking with his constituents, flipped. He does not have his own core. Only what he believes is most likely to result in success.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
The tariffs are going to create some wins and loses for different sectors, but the obvious fact is a lot more money is being skimmed off of materials and products going in and out of the country. Unquestionably, that makes those things more expensive.
Returning the US to a manufacturing economy (if that is a desirable thing) will not happen overnight. I know if I walk around my house looking at country of origin for the products, there is not much from the US. The tariffs are not going to provide a positive influence on the stock market this quickly.
The market was on the upsweep when Trump took office and Trump has performed one act which is sure to benefit stocks. Essentially the "tax cuts" are taking over a trillion dollars in deficit and giving it to corporations (that were not struggling, but aren't going to turn down free money).
I got to be honest, I fear sometime in the future the government is going to start reducing/eliminating Social Security benefits because they cannot afford them and the deficit will be the driving force behind this decision.

I might also point out that stable modern governments have major changes, such as these tariffs, phase in over extended periods of time (like 1/5 of the total amount phase in every year starting next year). If the objective of the tariffs is to bring steel/aluminum and manufacturing back to the US, why not give companies the time to restructure/relocate as the tariffs phase in instead of causing such distress to these corporations whose business plans involved global production?

If you have any business awareness of small third world countries, you will recognize the cost that instability imposes on the ability of people to make the long term planning needed to build the kinds of large businesses needed to elevate their country out of third world status.
On SSI, correct me if I'm wrong...the money we pay into SSI is going into a 'trust' (via the fed reserve) and the only money the gov spends from it is the interest off of it. The fed reserve is where our SSI money is at, not the US gov...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Trump is motivated by the prospect of being respected and being a "winner".
I do not believe he has any real concerns about all of the hot-button topics such as gun control or abortion (or anything else) - he just reacts to the values of the people around him.
After talking to the people from the Parkland HS mass shooting, he believed that was the winning path and started talking about going up against the NRA, but later, after speaking with his constituents, flipped. He does not have his own core. Only what he believes is most likely to result in success.
What else can one expect from a reality tv show star whose only claim to fame is inheritance and bad decisions?

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
You 3 or 4 snowflakes who are hating on President Trump in this God-Forsaken thread might want to take a look at this. "...Line is 2 miles long" to see the President support Josh Hawley against globalist Democrat Claire McCaskill (who has stated that she will vote against Judge Kavanaugh) . The first people in the line, it was further reported, had been there since 2:00 a.m.

Hawley said that Trump asked him to find the biggest stadium available and he would fill it. JQH Arena in Springfield holds 11,000 (packed) and another 20,000 (estimated) had to be turned away.

Of course, snowflake god Anderson Cooper hasn't verified any of this yet. :p:p

I'm pretty sure there were at least a couple of HT enthusiasts included in the the crowd. Seems a lot of folks trust the President. MAGA!!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You 3 or 4 snowflakes who are hating on President Trump in this God-Forsaken thread might want to take a look at this. "...Line is 2 miles long" to see the President support Josh Hawley against globalist Democrat Claire McCaskill (who has stated that she will vote against Judge Kavanaugh) . The first people in the line, it was further reported, had been there since 2:00 a.m.

Hawley said that Trump asked him to find the biggest stadium available and he would fill it. JQH Arena in Springfield holds 11,000 (packed) and another 20,000 (estimated) had to be turned away.

I'm pretty sure there were at least a couple of HT enthusiasts included in the the crowd. Seems a lot of folks trust the President. MAGA!!!

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
What else can one expect from a reality tv show star whose only claim to fame is inheritance and bad decisions?
He had an opportunity to borrow $ from his parents and built an empire. Does that qualify him for president? Absolutely not. But apparently he does something right financially and understands the business aspects more than the majority. btw majority of presidential 'actions' are not based on their own beliefs, it mostly stems from chief of staff...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

Gee Metallica has people lining up when they come to town, maybe we should make the 4 of them president. Just because people want to hear the ramblings of conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory and eat up the red meat doesn't say anything.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
More importantly, why is the drumpf your bae? You have special feelings for mushroom lord helmet boys in tightie whities who like getting peed on? Don't assume just because people find the drumpf disgusting that they're Hillary fans particularly either.
agreed

Altho certainly a superior choice to the drumpf.
disagree

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Beat to death, my God I'm glad I don't live in your bleak head. 20 trillion GDP, the largest in the entire world. Yup getting our ass handed to us.

Our huge debt demands high GDP. If we could elect someone who wouldn't spend money like drunken sailors on leave for the first time in five years, we might be able to sit back and take stock of what's going on in the rest of the World.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ya know what truce. Whatever happens, happens. I hope consumers aren't hurt too bad because I am a paycheck to paycheck consumer myself.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ok another post that doesn't make much sense. Not young, not just starting out.
Wow, touchy little guy aren't you !! You said you're living paycheck to paycheck, thus my reply, can you understand that ??

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, touchy little guy aren't you !! You said you're living paycheck to paycheck, thus my reply, can you understand that ??
Not touchy, I can't read minds. Your post was not a complete sentence.
Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. It doesn't matter how old or young you are or how long you have been working.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. It doesn't matter how old or young you are or how long you have been working.
and there in lies a big problem because so much of it is not misfortune or bad luck, but just plain stupidity !

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
and there in lies a big problem because so much of it is not misfortune or bad luck, but just plain stupidity !
Another genius quote by a Trump voter friends. Starts with "and", and doesn't make any sense. Are you saying it's stupidly living paycheck to paycheck?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Ya know what truce. Whatever happens, happens. I hope consumers aren't hurt too bad because I am a paycheck to paycheck consumer myself.

I myself am pay check to paycheck. At times I question if it's what I make or if it's the ability to spend money. These days we all have soo many bills and plain and simple it's too easy to spend money. The comparison of today vs yesterday interests me, 50s 60s even 70s, the houses being purchased these days the brand new cars the 'designer' clothes even the daily trip to Starbucks because 'we' owe it to ourselves bc we work. I'm not saying that the paychecks these days dont blow, but the debt that the average consumer carries these days is also ridiculous.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis