American audio industry may suffer a blow..

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Lots of ways to get more, for less. Your example of Starbucks is interesting- The Left talks about The Right being greedy, but look at the prices of Starbucks and their political slant. I know cars and trucks are priced on demand- if the trucks aren't selling, they drop the price but people want what they want and they need to pay, to play. I'm not going to, but others will. Some people take pride in their home, many let it fall apart but one easy way to get more for the money is to buy the worst home in the best area and rehab it.

I'm not blaming the manufacturer, I'm blaming people for wanting more than they can afford.
@Drunkpenguin
Guess I should have used a more general term thank a product like Starbucks. No it's not Starbucks directly, it was an example. it's the general spending habits these days on unnecessary goods. By all means treat yourself, we all deserve to.
I get the generalization of the gun example, my only gripe with it....tax dollars are not buying people guns...

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Many people live paycheck to paycheck because they have to, not because they buy star bucks every day. How about the mom raising a couple of kids on her own (because daddy was a dead beat) making minimum wage because she doesnt have a skill set to do better? Not everyone has a skill thats worth money or the parents to send them through college to learn one. Some people are poor by choice yes, but most are poor because they never had a chance.

I'm fairly sure everybody on this forum is doing just fine or you likely wouldnt be here. But that doesnt mean everybody should have or could have done as well as you. I for one don't have a problem with some of my tax money helping people out that need it, like my cousin that has real mental problems. She would be on the street if not for public assistance. The argument against welfare is always they same, "people abuse it". Well of course youre going to have some that beat the system, but there are many that need it to survive, And you're delusional if you think these people are living well off and buying star bucks every day.

Most conservatives are also pro gun. Is there a percentage of the population that abuses that right? Does that mean you are abusing that right and so is everyone with a gun? No. Should we take that right away because of a bad few?
Of course public assistance is necessary in some cases, but it is so easily abused. THIS made me smile:
"Ohio bar loses liquor license when food stamps are used to buy drugs, lap dances"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Drunkpenguin
Guess I should have used a more general term thank a product like Starbucks. No it's not Starbucks directly, it was an example. it's the general spending habits these days on unnecessary goods. By all means treat yourself, we all deserve to.
I get the generalization of the gun example, my only gripe with it....tax dollars are not buying people guns...
Oh, yeah, that's a great idea, have the gubmint buy everyone a gun. Your tax dollars do buy plenty of weapons, tho. Too many.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Of course public assistance is necessary in some cases, but it is so easily abused. THIS made me smile:
"Ohio bar loses liquor license when food stamps are used to buy drugs, lap dances"
See that on Fox News? LOL...I googled it and sure enough Fox News was the leading result. Gotta keep those old white people skeered and angry!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
See that on Fox News? LOL...I googled it and sure enough Fox News was the leading result. Gotta keep those old white people skeered and angry!
You dont see it on any national channels by design. I'm sure most locals aired it. Not sure how the reporting is bad.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Fox news used to make me laugh. I haven't had cable for years, do they still have all the women in hooker heals telling the stories? :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You dont see it on any national channels by design. I'm sure most locals aired it. Not sure how the reporting is bad.
Fox is one of the largest national channels, they are MSM, just of a particular flavor (and not a good flavor). It's a silly story really, more about the establishment's bad choices and the undercover officers who spent several fun months spending food stamp money in their sting....time and effort that probably would be better spent in other ways of enforcing existing rules for same.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Fox is one of the largest national channels, they are MSM, just of a particular flavor (and not a good flavor). It's a silly story really, more about the establishment's bad choices and the undercover officers who spent several fun months spending food stamp money in their sting....time and effort that probably would be better spent in other ways of enforcing existing rules for same.
My point was I'm sure all local stations covered, and fox nationally. I'm doing my very best to stay outta this train wreck :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My point was I'm sure all local stations covered, and fox nationally. I'm doing my very best to stay outta this train wreck :)
LOL no worries. I don't watch much national "news". Talking Heads music is much better than watching some....

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
If this was a real train wreck, the question on most news outlets would be "what happened". On fox news it would be more like, "2 muslims were on board, white house says it's looking into it!"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Fox news used to make me laugh. I haven't had cable for years, do they still have all the women in hooker heals telling the stories? :)
Angry hookers in heels yelling news stories the little I've seen (usually via comedy shows).

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
CNN is gonna cover the strip joint story, but first they have to get on top of the awful storm stories.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I'm not a cnn fan either, but whats wrong with that story?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I hope its not cause the pic has a black guy and a gay guy in it.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Oh, yeah, that's a great idea, have the gubmint buy everyone a gun. Your tax dollars do buy plenty of weapons, tho. Too many.
Oh no, not that my gripe is that the gov doesn't buy us guns, it was in the comparison to welfare abuse and gun abuse. Comparising a tax based program vs a consumer commodity. Sry for that confusion lol please dont allow gov issued guns to citizens

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
CNN is gonna cover the strip joint story, but first they have to get on top of the awful storm stories.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha look up some of the storm surge videos, they are great. Sad that some media outlets are staging worse case scenarios just to gain media attention $$$

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Haha look up some of the storm surge videos, they are great. Sad that some media outlets are staging worse case scenarios just to gain media attention $$$
News channels are in trouble. Most people quit watching because its Trumps new reality show and we got sick of all the chaos thats broadcast 24/7. News has to lure people back somehow. Bless their little hearts.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
So I looked up that pic to see what all the fuss was about. You guys are aware that happened in 2008?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis