American audio industry may suffer a blow..

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow!! Stocks today are at their historic highest levels!!

President Trump tweeted: "S&P 500 HITS ALL-TIME HIGH Congratulations USA!"

The global tit-for-tat so-called "trade war" seems to have had very little impact of the US economy as President Trump advances his economic objectives. The Labor Dept. has recently stated that America's jobless status is at its lowest in half a century.

Thank you, President Trump, for putting America First!!
Yeah investors are getting richer while prices for the people who live pay check to pay check are going up. It's going up bite us eventually.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
This is good news for these workers. They can go down to Wall Street and watch people getting rich as the stock market goes higher.

https://www.missourinet.com/2018/09/04/troubled-missouri-nail-company-could-be-in-its-last-month-of-operation/
While I agree with having a showdown with China now, while we still can, the tariffs on steel and aluminum are just dumb. The US steel mills and aluminum smelters are in trouble due to lack of capital investment and mismanagement. Foreign mills are just plain more advanced. It's been this way for decades.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yeah investors are getting richer while prices for the people who live pay check to pay check are going up. It's going up bite us eventually.

My guess is that tariffs will affect holiday season receipts and will be reflected heavily in Q4 earning reports, and that will be what triggers the next belated recession. I would not wait much longer to sell shares in companies that produce products that will be impacted by the tariffs, directly or indirectly.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief

Not calling you out, but I find it interesting when the economy is 'up' it's only good for the rich, when its down (like election night) it's all trump sucks the economy is tanking. Which side do 'we' want to be on because 'we' always find a way to turn something good into the worst case scenario. I'm not rich but the markets are helping me, I'm up with a 23% return so far this year. That's insane and a huge boost especially since I'm not rich. I could view it as I'm more likely to have a loss next year but why?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Not calling you out, but I find it interesting when the economy is 'up' it's only good for the rich, when its down (like election night) it's all trump sucks the economy is tanking. Which side do 'we' want to be on because 'we' always find a way to turn something good into the worst case scenario. I'm not rich but the markets are helping me, I'm up with a 23% return so far this year. That's insane and a huge boost especially since I'm not rich. I could view it as I'm more likely to have a loss next year but why?
That post made no sense but I do agree with one sentence, Trump sucks.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just an intermission/diversion for your listening pleasure!
I've been grooving on Post Modern Jukebox lately.
If you don't know them, they cover new (and old) songs in vintage styles:
Not sure if Morgan James was trying to look like Ivanka in this one:

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That post made no sense but I do agree with one sentence, Trump sucks.

That's all you get out of it?
And there's the ignorance. Lmfao.
To simplify, people like you either blame the president when the economy is $hit, or if it's doing good, try to find some way to b!itch about it.
Prices go up for everyone, not just those who live paycheck to paycheck. Investors win, where are your investments or are you relying on SSI as your sole retirement? I invest what little I can, and so far this year I've seen a 23% increase on my investments.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Just an intermission/diversion for your listening pleasure!
I've been grooving on Post Modern Jukebox lately.
If you don't know them, they cover new (and old) songs in vintage styles:
Not sure if Morgan James was trying to look like Ivanka in this one:
I've posted some a few times, haley reinhart is a winner in my books, smooth with some rasp.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That's all you get out of it?
And there's the ignorance. Lmfao.
To simplify, people like you either blame the president when the economy is $hit, or if it's doing good, try to find some way to b!itch about it.
Prices go up for everyone, not just those who live paycheck to paycheck. Investors win, where are your investments or are you relying on SSI as your sole retirement? I invest what little I can, and so far this year I've seen a 23% increase on my investments.
Are you serious? Are you? Do you think the rich care that the price of eggs or milk goes up? Do you think they care of the price of a Ford goes up? You are the ignorant one.
Also I think presidents in general getting too much credit and too much blame for what the economy is doing unless you can directly tie what they did to what is happening. Tariffs raise prices, period. They raise prices on consumers.
Walmart just today said the tariffs will cause prices to go up. That is directly his doing.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Are you serious? Are you? Do you think the rich care that the price of eggs or milk goes up? Do you think they care of the price of a Ford goes up? You are the ignorant one.
Also I think presidents in general getting too much credit and too much blame for what the economy is doing unless you can directly tie what they did to what is happening. Tariffs raise prices, period. They raise prices on consumers.
Walmart just today said the tariffs will cause prices to go up. That is directly his doing.

I didnt say if they cared or not, but costs do go up for everyone. Walmart is a joke, prices go up regardless. Tarrifs are also creating jobs, but I'm sure somehow that's a bad thing.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I didnt say if they cared or not, but costs do go up for everyone. Walmart is a joke, prices go up regardless. Tarrifs are also creating jobs, but I'm sure somehow that's a bad thing.
Well if your take is tariffs are good and creating jobs then I don't know what planet you are living on. Tariffs do nothing but raise prices.
Walmart is a joke huh. Yeah a 400 billion dollar joke. I'm not even a fan of Walmart but calling them a joke makes you the joke.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Well if your take is tariffs are good and creating jobs then I don't know what planet you are living on. Tariffs do nothing but raise prices.
Walmart is a joke huh. Yeah a 400 billion dollar joke. I'm not even a fan of Walmart but calling them a joke makes you the joke.

Walmart is a joke bc they are a real estate company. I cant take them seriously.
I'll take the jobs with tariffs bc unfortunately prices continue to climb, take them away, and we will still see costs go up

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Walmart is a joke bc they are a real estate company. I cant take them seriously.
I'll take the jobs with tariffs bc unfortunately prices continue to climb, take them away, and we will still see costs go up
Also, if your aiming worth at someone in their favor, trump cant be a joke, or you are.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
A real estate company. Well that says a lot. That is a pretty dumb statement I have to say.
I don't take Weichert seriously because they are a real estate company. How dumb did that just sound?
Boy I see how this ignorant fool because president with logic like this.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Also, if your aiming worth at someone in their favor, trump cant be a joke, or you are.
Wow just wow. You speak just like that moron tweets. That is some post of no sense whatsoever. Good job.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The tariffs are going to create some wins and loses for different sectors, but the obvious fact is a lot more money is being skimmed off of materials and products going in and out of the country. Unquestionably, that makes those things more expensive.
Returning the US to a manufacturing economy (if that is a desirable thing) will not happen overnight. I know if I walk around my house looking at country of origin for the products, there is not much from the US. The tariffs are not going to provide a positive influence on the stock market this quickly.
The market was on the upsweep when Trump took office and Trump has performed one act which is sure to benefit stocks. Essentially the "tax cuts" are taking over a trillion dollars in deficit and giving it to corporations (that were not struggling, but aren't going to turn down free money).
I got to be honest, I fear sometime in the future the government is going to start reducing/eliminating Social Security benefits because they cannot afford them and the deficit will be the driving force behind this decision.

I might also point out that stable modern governments have major changes, such as these tariffs, phase in over extended periods of time (like 1/5 of the total amount phase in every year starting next year). If the objective of the tariffs is to bring steel/aluminum and manufacturing back to the US, why not give companies the time to restructure/relocate as the tariffs phase in instead of causing such distress to these corporations whose business plans involved global production?

If you have any business awareness of small third world countries, you will recognize the cost that instability imposes on the ability of people to make the long term planning needed to build the kinds of large businesses needed to elevate their country out of third world status.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis