American audio industry may suffer a blow..

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Haha. I like you, shadyJ. You're so easy...

Former Nazi camp guard deported from US to Germany

"To protect the promise of freedom for Holocaust survivors and their families, President Trump prioritized the removal of Pali," the statement continued. "Through extensive negotiations, President Trump and his team secured Palij’s deportation to Germany and advanced the United States’ collaborative efforts with a key European ally."

ABC News reported that "Trump told U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell to make Palij's deportation his number one priority when he got to Berlin."

In a font larger than the rest of the press release, the White House emphasized: "Palij had lied about being a NAZI and remained in the United States for decades. Palij’s removal sends a strong message: The United States will not tolerate those who facilitated NAZI crimes and other human rights violations, and they will not find a safe haven on American soil."

On August 21, 2018, a article appeared in the Amazon Washington Post entitled, "Trump just deported a NAZI. That’s a move I can get behind," by David Von Drehle, described as a Post "columnist focusing on national affairs and politics."

Drehle stated, "...Jakiw Palij, 95, will likely be the last NAZI death-camp guard expelled from the United States. Tracked down by Justice Department sleuths and confronted in 1993, Palij admitted he was not a farmer during World War II, as he had said while lying his way to U.S. citizenship. But he denied participating in the murder of Polish Jews, even as he was stripped of his citizenship and was ordered deported in 2004.

Yes, 2004...." [His emphasis.]

IOW, Palij lived comfortably and safely in NYC under W and O, but, as usual, President Trump puts America First!! MAGA!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

ABC News reported that "Trump told U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell to make Palij's deportation his number one priority when he got to Berlin."
Trump just doesn't like competition.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Another genius quote by a Trump voter friends.
and you're not of course, where did I ever say I voted forTrump ?

Starts with "and", and doesn't make any sense.
obviously you're new to internet forum discussions

Are you saying it's stupidly living paycheck to paycheck?
Because the majority of America does sure as hell doesn't make right in my book. I fully understand when you're young and getting started it's a must but there comes a time when hopefully you've learned how to invest and save. I'm in my mid-sixties and no I have not lived paycheck to paycheck for some time now. My sons are in their late thirties and have learned the same lesson. Perhaps in time you will as well ..........

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Have a good discussion guys. I'm outta here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He had an opportunity to borrow $ from his parents and built an empire. Does that qualify him for president? Absolutely not. But apparently he does something right financially and understands the business aspects more than the majority. btw majority of presidential 'actions' are not based on their own beliefs, it mostly stems from chief of staff...
He didn't just borrow the money while dad was alive, he took over the organization. Large source of his wealth other than real estate valuation. His own decisions have generally been poor. So we blame John Kelly for all this mess?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Because the majority of America does sure as hell doesn't make right in my book. I fully understand when you're young and getting started it's a must but there comes a time when hopefully you've learned how to invest and save. I'm in my mid-sixties and no I have not lived paycheck to paycheck for some time now. My sons are in their late thirties and have learned the same lesson. Perhaps in time you will as well ..........
Mikado,
You should realize that you are somewhat lucky to not be living paycheck to paycheck.
I'm pretty sure most of the US is!
To me, I would infer some combination of the following:
1) You inherited a fair amount of money (or had parents that were in a position to assist you through college, or starting as an adult, at a minimum). My parents paid for my first 1.5 years of college. Perhaps more importantly, your family was not a drain such that you need to get a full time job after HS graduation to help make ends meet or pay medical bills for a sick parent. My father was dying of cancer from my Jr. year of HS until half way through my sophomore year of college. The medical bills were atrocious (though not nearly so bad as today); however, my dad was in a place where he had good insurance and they allowed him to stay in his job even after his work performance was compromised. Others took up the slack for him so he continued to draw a full paycheck and insurance until about 6 months before his death. His survivor benefits along with my income as a cooperative education student paid my way through the rest of college.
2) You have the skill set to command a better than average salary. For example, I happen to have the skill set to excel at engineering. I can't claim that I ever worked harder than the guys who worked in the manufacturing plants I have worked in. Yes, I put in more hours (during the years I did not have a young child at home),but I could work those extra hours comfortably without the repetitive physical stresses of a production job. I did my best to redesign work stations to improve the physical toll on the workers, but I was still making much more money for less effort. You see, I was in a position that attuned me to the blue collar worker. They are not dumb, they are not lazy, they just did not have the opportunity to secondary education, and consequently, don't take as much home, and they are physically tired at the end of the shift.
3) You have been in a career path that allowed steady employment.
4) Your own family either does not exist or has been blessed with good health (including avoiding any addictions). Again, a protracted health issue such as cancer or a special needs child can destroy the best of financial plans. I am lucky, my wife (now my ex) and my daughter were healthy. The divorce was a big financial hit, and if I did not make a better than average wage, that might have tipped the balance.

If I look at my own financial success
1) A family that is financially supportive rather than a financial load (usually this has more to do with their net worth and health than value decisions)
2) Friends in a position to assist me - by the time I graduated from college in engineering, I made enough friends at Georgia Power (where I co-op'ed) who could vouch for my ability/work ethic (and wanted me for a co-worker),that I was hired as a permanent employee into one of the best paying jobs offered to my graduating class. A friend of my (deceased) dad fixed cars on the side and he kept me in a car until I was a professional. He did not give them to me, but looking back, he could have made twice as much money selling them through the classified instead of offering them to me on the cheap!
3) I would be dishonest if I said I made good decisions. I did not choose engineering, it chose me. My brain just happened to align well with the desired attributes of an engineer. I guess I can take credit for choosing engineering over music (people like me well enough, but I'm not the kind of schmoozer to work connections and make it big in music with only good talent ... not Stevie Ray Vaughn phenom talent). Honestly, at 18, I was no way able to make an informed decision aside from going where my SAT scores sent me.

Certainly there are some people who manage to become financially successful without the assistance I have mentioned above. However I see so many people who are doing well and take credit for being exclusively a self-made success. It is human nature to claim your victories and blame others for your losses. But if they are honest, the vast majority of successful people have more to be thankful of than they want to admit.

It is personal a point of pride that my daughter appears to be in a position to be more successful than I was. She works hard, and I will never claim her success as mine. However, I always gave her an environment and encouragement to support her as best I know how, paid for her college, and thus far have a little over $10,000 in a 529 account for her kids so she won't have the burden of paying for her kids education. I am paying forward the good fortune/hands-up I was given.

Also so much of my good fortune had to do with the financial environment I was in. If my dad's coworkers were not making good money (health physics department at Savannah River Project... where they made the hemisphere of Plutonium that went into nuclear bombs),they could not have covered for him when he fell ill from cancer. My dad's friend who gave me deals on cars could not have afforded to lose that income if he was not in a comfortable financial position.

Sure, I know some people who are just lazy and feel the world owes them, and I don't send much sympathy in that direction. I'm not sure I can claim they are living paycheck to paycheck. The ones I know are in a downward spiral:(.

But for each of them, there are lots of hardworking people who are proud that they have maintained the ability to live paycheck to paycheck after the mortgage default BS. I know plenty who were doing fine until they lost their job during the recession, and had to work odd jobs at $15/hour for over a year while being forced to make withdrawals from their 401k to keep their mortgage and family afloat. Replacing 401k funds this late in life is not easy.

Sorry for the ramble, but take a moment to count your blessings before passing judgement on those who are not so fortunate.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Haha. I like you, shadyJ. You're so easy...

"To protect the promise of freedom for Holocaust survivors and their families, President Trump prioritized the removal of Pali," the statement continued. "Through extensive negotiations, President Trump and his team secured Palij’s deportation to Germany and advanced the United States’ collaborative efforts with a key European ally."

In a font larger than the rest of the press release, the White House emphasized: "Palij had lied about being a NAZI and remained in the United States for decades. Palij’s removal sends a strong message: The United States will not tolerate those who facilitated NAZI crimes and other human rights violations, and they will not find a safe haven on American soil."

On August 21, 2018, a article appeared in the Amazon Washington Post entitled, "Trump just deported a NAZI. That’s a move I can get behind," by David Von Drehle, described as a Post "columnist focusing on national affairs and politics."

Drehle stated, "...Jakiw Palij, 95, will likely be the last NAZI death-camp guard expelled from the United States. Tracked down by Justice Department sleuths and confronted in 1993, Palij admitted he was not a farmer during World War II, as he had said while lying his way to U.S. citizenship. But he denied participating in the murder of Polish Jews, even as he was stripped of his citizenship and was ordered deported in 2004.

Yes, 2004...." [His emphasis.]

IOW, Palij lived comfortably and safely in NYC under W and O, but, as usual, President Trump puts America First!! MAGA!!
May I remind you ... your point is wrong: NASA wouldn’t have reached the moon without Dr. Wernher Magnus Maximilian friherre von Braun

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Mikado,
You should realize that you are somewhat lucky to not be living paycheck to paycheck.
I'm pretty sure most of the US is!
1) You inherited a fair amount of money (or had parents that were in a position to assist you through college, or starting as an adult, at a minimum). My parents paid for my first 1.5 years of college. Perhaps more importantly, your family was not a drain such that you need to get a full time job after HS graduation to help make ends meet or pay medical bills for a sick parent. My father was dying of cancer from my Jr. year of HS until half way through my sophomore year of college. The medical bills were atrocious (though not nearly so bad as today); however, my dad was in a place where he had good insurance and they allowed him to stay in his job even after his work performance was compromised. Others took up the slack for him so he continued to draw a full paycheck and insurance until about 6 months before his death. His survivor benefits along with my income as a cooperative education student paid my way through the rest of college.
2) You have the skill set to command a better than average salary. For example, I happen to have the skill set to excel at engineering. I can't claim that I ever worked harder than the guys who worked in the manufacturing plants I have worked in. Yes, I put in more hours (during the years I did not have a young child at home),but I could work those extra hours comfortably without the repetitive physical stresses of a production job. I did my best to redesign work stations to improve the physical toll on the workers, but I was still making much more money for less effort. You see, I was in a position that attuned me to the blue collar worker. They are not dumb, they are not lazy, they just did not have the opportunity to secondary education, and consequently, don't take as much home, and they are physically tired at the end of the shift.
3) You have been in a career path that allowed steady employment.
4) Your own family either does not exist or has been blessed with good health (including avoiding any addictions). Again, a protracted health issue such as cancer or a special needs child can destroy the best of financial plans. I am lucky, my wife (now my ex) and my daughter were healthy. The divorce was a big financial hit, and if I did not make a better than average wage, that might have tipped the balance.

If I look at my own financial success
1) A family that is financially supportive rather than a financial load (usually this has more to do with their net worth and health than value decisions)
2) Friends in a position to assist me - by the time I graduated from college in engineering, I made enough friends at Georgia Power (where I co-op'ed) who could vouch for my ability/work ethic (and wanted me for a co-worker),that I was hired as a permanent employee into one of the best paying jobs offered to my graduating class. A friend of my (deceased) dad fixed cars on the side and he kept me in a car until I was a professional. He did not give them to me, but looking back, he could have made twice as much money selling them through the classified instead of offering them to me on the cheap!
3) I would be dishonest if I said I made good decisions. I did not choose engineering, it chose me. My brain just happened to align well with the desired attributes of an engineer. I guess I can take credit for choosing engineering over music (people like me well enough, but I'm not the kind of schmoozer to work connections and make it big in music with only good talent ... not Stevie Ray Vaughn phenom talent). Honestly, at 18, I was no way able to make an informed decision aside from going where my SAT scores sent me.

Certainly there are some people who manage to become financially successful without the assistance I have mentioned above. However I see so many people who are doing well and take credit for being exclusively a self-made success. It is human nature to claim your victories and blame others for your losses. But if they are honest, the vast majority of successful people have more to be thankful of than they want to admit.

It is personal a point of pride that my daughter appears to be in a position to be more successful than I was. She works hard, and I will never claim her success as mine. However, I always gave her an environment and encouragement to support her as best I know how, paid for her college, and thus far have a little over $10,000 in a 529 account for her kids so she won't have the burden of paying for her kids education. I am paying forward the good fortune/hands-up I was given.

Also so much of my good fortune had to do with the financial environment I was in. If my dad's coworkers were not making good money (health physics department at Savannah River Project... where they made the hemisphere of Plutonium that went into nuclear bombs),they could not have covered for him when he fell ill from cancer. My dad's friend who gave me deals on cars could not have afforded to lose that income if he was not in a comfortable financial position.

Sure, I know some people who are just lazy and feel the world owes them, and I don't send much sympathy in that direction. I'm not sure I can claim they are living paycheck to paycheck. The ones I know are in a downward spiral:(.

But for each of them, there are lots of hardworking people who are proud that they have maintained the ability to live paycheck to paycheck after the mortgage default BS. I know plenty who were doing fine until they lost their job during the recession, and had to work odd jobs at $15/hour for over a year while being forced to make withdrawals from their 401k to keep their mortgage and family afloat. Replacing 401k funds this late in life is not easy.

Sorry for the ramble, but take a moment to count your blessings before passing judgement on those who are not so fortunate.
Kurt, you missed my point or perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. I am not passing judgement so much as to say, use better judgement !! Do you think the grossly overweight Walmart shopper with thousand of dollars in tattoos will ever get past paycheck to paycheck or in many cases welfare check to welfare check ! Ok, here I am passing judgement, but you (hopefully) get my point.

As for your assumptions above, not even close. No family $$, started a railroad career over 44 years ago as a clerk, kept my nose to the grindstone, used what the good Lord gave me combined with a strong family unit(a REAL problem today) and as my career has climbed past 44 years I still love what I do. Fortunate , you bet, determination, hard work and yes some luck along the way is what makes a fortune. My fortune is measured in health and family .......

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
But if you understand why walmart is soo successful, it's all on real estate. Look at the profit margin for walmart retail, it's terrible, its 3%.
And if this link is accurate, their sales will total over $495B in 2018, so 3% comes to about $14.5B. Boo freaking hoo for them! The amount of food they sell makes me think they do well enough.

They're one of the corporations that use 'dark store' to have municipalities lower their taxes and when it doesn't happen, they abandon the stores, letting them sit idle before selling, unless a TIF was used and then, they might just let them go at a loss.

highfigh

highfigh

May I remind you ... your point is wrong: NASA wouldn’t have reached the moon without Dr. Wernher Magnus Maximilian friherre von Braun
And several others, but they were useful, so they weren't sent to prison.

highfigh

highfigh

I myself am pay check to paycheck. At times I question if it's what I make or if it's the ability to spend money. These days we all have soo many bills and plain and simple it's too easy to spend money. The comparison of today vs yesterday interests me, 50s 60s even 70s, the houses being purchased these days the brand new cars the 'designer' clothes even the daily trip to Starbucks because 'we' owe it to ourselves bc we work. I'm not saying that the paychecks these days dont blow, but the debt that the average consumer carries these days is also ridiculous.
In the past, rampant consumerism was less common and we're barraged by commercials- heck, even people with Herpes are having a great time!

Living without debt requires discipline and not enough people were raised with enough of it to allow them to live that way. "I want" is conflated with "I need" and people definitely want. When they use the short view to see how much a monthly payment affects their budget and not the long-term cost, they have no choice but to walk the razor's edge. Unless something is there to defray the cost, a 30 year mortgage is a bad idea- the interest jacks the total to three times the loan amount but again, it fits the monthly budget, so people do it. Expensive cars & trucks? I find the prices absolutely insane! I saw an ad for a Ford F-150 and it was over $50K! One debt consolidation company shows a smiling guy and as the camera pulls back to show his happy wife and what they own, he says "We paid off our credit cards and bought a boat!". Yeah, THAT was a good idea for people who racked up a bunch of debt. Having serviced boats and knowing how much that costs, as well as the cost of gas, storage, accessories and the damage due to neglect, I can say that at least half of all boat owners would be better off renting one and having someone else drive because they sure as hell don't take care of them the way they should.

People are in a never-ending spiral of want, debt, and delusion.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As for your assumptions above, not even close. No family $$, started a railroad career over 44 years ago as a clerk, kept my nose to the grindstone, used what the good Lord gave me combined with a strong family unit(a REAL problem today) and as my career has climbed past 44 years I still love what I do. Fortunate , you bet, determination, hard work and yes some luck along the way is what makes a fortune. My fortune is measured in health and family .......
You missed assumption number 4!
Mikado,

4) Your own family either does not exist or has been blessed with good health (including avoiding any addictions). Again, a protracted health issue such as cancer or a special needs child can destroy the best of financial plans.

Basically you have said that it is poor judgement that results in mature adults who are living paycheck to paycheck. That is a pretty judgmental statement.

Congrats, if I infer correctly you have done so well without a college education (I assume a clerk is not a position that requires a college degree).

Historically, the RR industry has given excellent pension benefits. Most people have no pension. Many who did, lost it or had it cut in half or worse when stocks crashed.
I don't know if a pension is a component of your success, but if so and if it is still in place, you are a lucky man.

I look at life and see too many wild cards in play to feel like it was my superior management of it that gave me success (and a serious heath issue ... myself or my daughter... or severe stock market crash could still rob it from me). All I can claim that is truly mine is was I was not a deadbeat! However, I know a few people who were, in their youth, on a good track, but after Vietnam, came back less than whole. They never could integrate back into life here (including one who could not be around his wife and kids). They are now truly deadbeats drawing food stamps and living in government housing for the last decades.
Would I be there with them had I done and seen what they did? I can't begin to guess, but I consider that yet another "wild card" of life. I don't have a legitimate reason to believe I would have fared better.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
In the past, rampant consumerism was less common and we're barraged by commercials- heck, even people with Herpes are having a great time!

Living without debt requires discipline and not enough people were raised with enough of it to allow them to live that way. "I want" is conflated with "I need" and people definitely want. When they use the short view to see how much a monthly payment affects their budget and not the long-term cost, they have no choice but to walk the razor's edge. Unless something is there to defray the cost, a 30 year mortgage is a bad idea- the interest jacks the total to three times the loan amount but again, it fits the monthly budget, so people do it. Expensive cars & trucks? I find the prices absolutely insane! I saw an ad for a Ford F-150 and it was over $50K! One debt consolidation company shows a smiling guy and as the camera pulls back to show his happy wife and what they own, he says "We paid off our credit cards and bought a boat!". Yeah, THAT was a good idea for people who racked up a bunch of debt. Having serviced boats and knowing how much that costs, as well as the cost of gas, storage, accessories and the damage due to neglect, I can say that at least half of all boat owners would be better off renting one and having someone else drive because they sure as hell don't take care of them the way they should.

People are in a never-ending spiral of want, debt, and delusion.
And ford will turn around like everyone else and slash an easy 10k off the selling price lol. I grew up around boats and will never buy one, bust out another thousand. I tell my friends by all means buy your daily starbucks, but dont cry to me why you can't make your car insurance payments. $6 a day sure it's real easy to brush that off, but its 2k a year, 2k, 2k, 2k! You just went from 30k a yr to 28k and dont even understand that lol. That 2k/yr in a 401 over 30yrs is gonna payout pretty well...and that's just on coffee...I get it, gas is high, but that's a need, insurance is high, but a need, rent is high, houses are high. People in my area say rent is expensive, yes it is when your looking at the higher end units, jaws drop when the cheaper units are mentioned "I'm better than that" well we all are, but not yet financially. Just because the average cost of a home is 230k does not mean a house for 90k is not available, but 'we' want the nicest house even if we cant afford it. Accountability is gone, consumer responsibility is gone. Blame the guy making more bc 'we' want more is ignorant.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
...Just because the average cost of a home is 230k does not mean a house for 90k is not available, but 'we' want the nicest house even if we cant afford it. Accountability is gone, consumer responsibility is gone. Blame the guy making more bc 'we' want more is ignorant.
Yep, agreed. Which made me think of Sheb Wooley. From IMDB:

"American character actor in many Westerns, Sheb Wooley was also a figure in country-western music. Born and raised in Oklahoma, he spent his youth as a cowhand. His musical ability led to radio and subsequently film work.

He played minor supporting roles for a dozen years starting in 1950, including one of the Frank Miller gang in High Noon (1952). In 1958 he had a giant hit record with his own song "The Purple People Eater" (years later there was a movie made based on the song, Purple People Eater (1988)) and he followed it with a string of similar humorous country ditties, often recorded under the name Ben Colder.

For a number of years he had a regular role as Pete Nolan on the hit TV series Rawhide (1959). He worked infrequently as an actor after that, concentrating on the music business."

The bio doesn't mention that he also "sang" as Guy Drake and had this big hit:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

.... I tell my friends by all means buy your daily starbucks, but dont cry to me why you can't make your car insurance payments. $6 a day sure it's real easy to brush that off, but its 2k a year, 2k, 2k, 2k! ....
Absolutely!!! Some have been brainwashed or whatnot -it is only .... a day, you can afford it. Then one wonders why they don't have money for the real needs.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Basically you have said that it is poor judgement that results in mature adults who are living paycheck to paycheck. That is a pretty judgmental statement.
please don't tell me that you don't see truth in that ???? If you would look at what I said in post #178 perhaps you would understand that I am NOT condemning everyone that lives paycheck to paycheck !!!!!!

Congrats, if I infer correctly you have done so well without a college education (I assume a clerk is not a position that requires a college degree).
Where did I ever say I didn't have a college education, man your comprehension skills are lacking ! Regardless, 44 plus years ago I started my career (as I said) as a railroad clerk, I've long since advanced from that position.

Historically, the RR industry has given excellent pension benefits.
and we still do !

Most people have no pension. Many who did, lost it or had it cut in half or worse when stocks crashed.
and who's fault is that ? do you think that during my railroad career I solely banked on what railroad retirement would provide ?

I don't know if a pension is a component of your success, but if so and if it is still in place, you are a lucky man.
thank you and along with my 'luck' I've stayed within my means, never got caught with trying to 'keep up with the Jones' BS, etc.

I look at life and see too many wild cards in play to feel like it was my superior management of it that gave me success (and a serious heath issue ... myself or my daughter... or severe stock market crash could still rob it from me). All I can claim that is truly mine is was I was not a deadbeat! However, I know a few people who were, in their youth, on a good track, but after Vietnam, came back less than whole. They never could integrate back into life here (including one who could not be around his wife and kids). They are now truly deadbeats drawing food stamps and living in government housing for the last decades.
Would I be there with them had I done and seen what they did? I can't begin to guess, but I consider that yet another "wild card" of life. I don't have a legitimate reason to believe I would have fared better.
understood and I see your point.

highfigh

highfigh

And ford will turn around like everyone else and slash an easy 10k off the selling price lol. I grew up around boats and will never buy one, bust out another thousand. I tell my friends by all means buy your daily starbucks, but dont cry to me why you can't make your car insurance payments. $6 a day sure it's real easy to brush that off, but its 2k a year, 2k, 2k, 2k! You just went from 30k a yr to 28k and dont even understand that lol. That 2k/yr in a 401 over 30yrs is gonna payout pretty well...and that's just on coffee...I get it, gas is high, but that's a need, insurance is high, but a need, rent is high, houses are high. People in my area say rent is expensive, yes it is when your looking at the higher end units, jaws drop when the cheaper units are mentioned "I'm better than that" well we all are, but not yet financially. Just because the average cost of a home is 230k does not mean a house for 90k is not available, but 'we' want the nicest house even if we cant afford it. Accountability is gone, consumer responsibility is gone. Blame the guy making more bc 'we' want more is ignorant.
Lots of ways to get more, for less. Your example of Starbucks is interesting- The Left talks about The Right being greedy, but look at the prices of Starbucks and their political slant. I know cars and trucks are priced on demand- if the trucks aren't selling, they drop the price but people want what they want and they need to pay, to play. I'm not going to, but others will. Some people take pride in their home, many let it fall apart but one easy way to get more for the money is to buy the worst home in the best area and rehab it.

I'm not blaming the manufacturer, I'm blaming people for wanting more than they can afford.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Many people live paycheck to paycheck because they have to, not because they buy star bucks every day. How about the mom raising a couple of kids on her own (because daddy was a dead beat) making minimum wage because she doesnt have a skill set to do better? Not everyone has a skill thats worth money or the parents to send them through college to learn one. Some people are poor by choice yes, but most are poor because they never had a chance.

I'm fairly sure everybody on this forum is doing just fine or you likely wouldnt be here. But that doesnt mean everybody should have or could have done as well as you. I for one don't have a problem with some of my tax money helping people out that need it, like my cousin that has real mental problems. She would be on the street if not for public assistance. The argument against welfare is always they same, "people abuse it". Well of course youre going to have some that beat the system, but there are many that need it to survive, And you're delusional if you think these people are living well off and buying star bucks every day.

Most conservatives are also pro gun. Is there a percentage of the population that abuses that right? Does that mean you are abusing that right and so is everyone with a gun? No. Should we take that right away because of a bad few?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis