American audio industry may suffer a blow..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Trump escalates tariffs on $200 billion in chinese goods.
Most audio components today are made in China. Like it or not, they have become the world's factory. Couldn't this imbecile president try something a bit more clever than a trade war with the source of so many of our manufactured goods to accomplish his goals? I think he may actually be getting into a trade war for its own sake, as if he just wants to throw around his own weight. His inevitable impeachment can not come soon enough.

If you are looking to buy audio components, do it now. Do not wait. Prices are going to rise. I just hope this doesn't kill off the Hi-fi audio industry completely for everyone except the rich.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm so glad I'm no longer an active Customs broker so I don't have to deal with the chief numbnut's proclamations. I'd get nothing done while chasing all the new info for quotes/confirmations of costs and couldn't charge for the extra time in most cases.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
This reminds me of the nike stock that 'tanked'...put personal opinions aside and take a look at what is actually being done

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
First of all clever and Trump should NEVER be used in the same sentence. Second if he threw around his weight he might actually kill someone.
He is the dumbest moron to ever occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He thinks he's smart which is the scariest kind of narcissist. Won't this effect TV's as well, I'm thinking about TCL.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I received notices from my PCB fab (who will also stuff your boards for you if desired) almost two months ago that prices would be rising for components (ie parts). This despite the fact that they are based in Toronto, because distribution for many manufacturers is US-based, so it's import from the PRC - pay tariffs - export to the rest of the world in many cases.

That will affect suppliers like Digi-Key and Mouser, who will have to raise prices worldwide as they warehouse in the US and export from there for foreign buyers. European and Astralia-Asian component suppliers now have an advantage as they warehouse domestically.

If the $200B tariffs go into effect that will cover complete assembled audio products.

If the tariffs endure that will cause more electronics firms to construct and distribute from warehouses outside the US. Steel & Aluminum tariffs have already caused prices for US-made steel and aluminum to rise to equal the imported+tariff prices, so domestic audio manufacturers in the US are already seeing rising Bill of Materials (BoMs). Enclosures are a significant % of overall audio component cost, and dis-proportionately causes lower cost items to experience a greater rise in price.

Having said all that, there has never been a time in my adult life, and never a time in my father's adult life, or his father's, where the US had not imposed tariffs on something Canada exports, so this is just a footnote in a never-ending story.

Last edited:
Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
I love what the President is doing to stand up for American jobs! Will audio equipment now made in the sweatshops of China by children cost a bit more. Sure, why not? America is more important. Thank God we have a President who believes in the future of our country and will take action to support it. #MAGA!!!

MODERATOR: PLEASE TAKE ACTION ON THIS THREAD. REMOVE IT IF POSSIBLE, BECAUSE...SNOWFLAKES.
THANKS!!

Last edited:
D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
First post by a trump supporter starts off the name calling. Typical.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I just see facts in post 4 lol.

I was referring to members attacking other members tho.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I just see facts in post 4 lol.

I was referring to members attacking other members tho.
Opinions.. shady made a post about the current state of audio, then it went a little sideways in the following posts. Regardless of ones opinion on POTUS, policies are gonna be implemented that some dont agree with and we have to take the good and bad.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Ive had many arguments online over politics the last couple years and its always like talking to the same individual. Did they send out a trash talk pamphlet to you guys? Snowflake had to be on page 1. Did anyone make it to page 2?

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Ive had many arguments online over politics the last couple years and its always like talking to the same individual. Did they send out a trash talk pamphlet to you guys? Snowflake had to be on page 1. Did anyone make it to page 2?
"Snowflake" encapsulates so much that leftists represent (except for the violence they love to advocate). But perhaps you'd prefer buttercup. I come to this forum for information and relaxation, not to see President Trump gratuitously insulted. I never insulted Obama during his tenure, as opposed to his failed policies as I was.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I find it interesting that you have half the population labeled as weak things like snowflake and buttercup, but then in the same sentence refer to them as violent. Which is it? Do you even know? Have you ever ventured out of republican nation to meet other people? Or are your views of the world limited to faux news?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
"Snowflake" encapsulates so much that leftists represent (except for the violence they love to advocate). But perhaps you'd prefer buttercup. I come to this forum for information and relaxation, not to see President Trump gratuitously insulted. I never insulted Obama during his tenure, as opposed to his failed policies as I was.
To quote the late great Archie Bunker: - "Stifle yourself!"

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
I find it interesting that you have half the population labeled as weak things like snowflake and buttercup, but then in the same sentence refer to them as violent. Which is it? Do you even know? Have you ever ventured out of republican nation to meet other people? Or are your views of the world limited to faux news?
Now do Steve Scalise, snowflake.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
What does that even mean? Do you want to take break and try this again later? You seem warn out already.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
As I said before, I've been through many of these over the last couple years, but this one has got to be the most boring and unchallenging. Have a nice day Forsooth. I'm gonna cruise over to Amazon and look for some Nikes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis