A4L has Focal Electra 1008Be for $2000/pr! (MSRP $5500/pr)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Very fine speakers!

It's hard to describe, but when I heard them, I just don't think i have ever heard any speaker that just had such a robust/rigid/inert cabinet. The cabinets must be built like bricks or something.

The sound did not seem like it was coming out of a box at all, just pouring out into the room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I want. If these were available at this price a couple years ago I might not have Ultra towers right now...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
When I bought my Focal Solo6Be's, the drivers it uses and the drivers in the Electra appeared identical. Even though it looks like they are using different dust caps on the 1008, I suspect they are still the same drivers. I may be wrong, but I am still convinced that these are essentially the same speaker except the Electra is "gussied-up" for the home audio market.
Using current pricing, the Solo6Be is $3000/pair which is a bargain as compared to Electra at $5500, but for $2000/pr. I'd definitely get the Electras. I do like knowing the amps in the Solo6Be are designed specifically for each driver and that they shut off when over-driven before damaging the speaker and also believe there are some real advantages afforded by the active crossover in the Solo6Be's, but I am also a sucker for those rounded cabinets and the "tweeter band" running across the front.
I see A4L now lists them as "Almost Sold Out". Figures, you don't see this type of deal on upper tier speakers often.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
When I bought my Focal Solo6Be's, the drivers it uses and the drivers in the Electra appeared identical. Even though it looks like they are using different dust caps on the 1008, I suspect they are still the same drivers. I may be wrong, but I am still convinced that these are essentially the same speaker except the Electra is "gussied-up" for the home audio market.
Using current pricing, the Solo6Be is $3000/pair which is a bargain as compared to Electra at $5500, but for $2000/pr. I'd definitely get the Electras. I do like knowing the amps in the Solo6Be are designed specifically for each driver and that they shut off when over-driven before damaging the speaker and also believe there are some real advantages afforded by the active crossover in the Solo6Be's, but I am also a sucker for those rounded cabinets and the "tweeter band" running across the front.
I see A4L now lists them as "Almost Sold Out". Figures, you don't see this type of deal on upper tier speakers often.
I’m not a fan of the look of these. Reminds me a little of R2D2. :) I’m sure they sound amazing though. That’s what really matters.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sold Out surprisingly. Great deal nonetheless for those who got a pair.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis