7" Canton Vento Bookshelf for $700/pr!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
No pics or you don’t have them! ;)
here you go. Still need to clean up the walls where I took the deftech pro monitor 800 brackets down and touch up paint. Also need to lower the screeN down.

let me know if you wanted to see something specific on the speakers.

35A076E9-7B9D-41C2-B2CD-94186B2543EF.jpeg

91FD8F37-1EC8-40D1-816F-AA41995B307C.jpeg

E801D7C6-24A9-4950-9390-69C49FA24ED9.jpeg

210EEA47-AE2F-4DDF-B511-39616D8B478E.jpeg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Whoa now those look classy! Dang maybe one day.
Congrats the place looks great too. Congrats!!!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Are you surprised? Great deal. I only wish. :( KEW did u get them??????? ;)
Now what kind of A-hole would post an "only one available" deal and then snipe it?!
I did think about getting them, but that was before I posted the deal here!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just snagged the open box 830.2 but will take some of others to post after I run a couple of errands.
When you get them, briefly set them on top of your towers and plug them in as your mains.
Re-run setup (or just do pure direct and listen in stereo) so you can appreciate just how much quality sound these little guys can pump out! I think these are a real value sweet spot, especially used with a sub.
I honestly believe this is essentially the same drivers/sound as the Chrono SL with ceramic tweeter, but when the price is this low, I think the Vento curved cabinet is worth the $50/pr upcharge!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
When you get them, briefly set them on top of your towers and plug them in as your mains.
Re-run setup (or just do pure direct and listen in stereo) so you can appreciate just how much quality sound these little guys can pump out! I think these are a real value sweet spot, especially used with a sub.
I honestly believe this is essentially the same drivers/sound as the Chrono SL with ceramic tweeter, but when the price is this low, I think the Vento curved cabinet is worth the $50/pr upcharge!
Will do.

one day when space and money allows I could see moving my 596.2 towers to side surrounds, the 830.2 to rear surround and getting a set of Vento or reference towers as mains. But won’t be in this house regardless of funds.

Last edited:
T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Nice thing about being just up the road from Accessories4Less is quick shipping. The 830.2 Vento's shipped out yesterday and fedex show them out for delivery today. Will take me a little while to come up with an appropriate bracket, stand or shelf setup to use them as my surrounds, but I'm looking forward to getting them for the discounted price, as they were only $50 more than the 536.2 that I had initially planned to use.

Now I'll just be watching for the AR-800's to come back in stock after the first of the year for my rear height/atmos speakers. I have my wire in the attic for them but need to pull it down and through the wall. I left 2 extra runs up there, just in case, when I ran the rest of my wiring.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nice thing about being just up the road from Accessories4Less is quick shipping. The 830.2 Vento's shipped out yesterday and fedex show them out for delivery today. Will take me a little while to come up with an appropriate bracket, stand or shelf setup to use them as my surrounds, but I'm looking forward to getting them for the discounted price, as they were only $50 more than the 536.2 that I had initially planned to use.

Now I'll just be watching for the AR-800's to come back in stock after the first of the year for my rear height/atmos speakers. I have my wire in the attic for them but need to pull it down and through the wall. I left 2 extra runs up there, just in case, when I ran the rest of my wiring.
How do you like the AR800 for atmos? I had looked at the idea of using those over in ceilings. I read a few articles on the presence vs in ceiling that it wasn’t a bad option. I’m looking to do 5.1.4.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
How do you like the AR800 for atmos? I had looked at the idea of using those over in ceilings. I read a few articles on the presence vs in ceiling that it wasn’t a bad option. I’m looking to do 5.1.4.
I love them so far. They have crazy range capability. Could be used as your surrounds even. I’m running them with 60hz crossover and no issues or complaints. I’ve not heard in ceiling for comparison but I like them enough to add another pair later.

on a separate note the 830.2’s showed up and they are big and beautiful. May beway overkill for surround duty but the price was so close to the alternatives it seemed an easy choice.

Will have to wait to try them out though as I’ve got no way to mount them yet, and they will require something secure given their weight.
2EC6E563-C680-45E6-A5BD-E8BA39373E4A.jpeg

13960A30-9717-4637-966B-E633EB06AA58.jpeg

67913498-7D5A-46BF-8ED1-1697C13D941C.jpeg

BD375D26-ABE3-4E2E-9FB8-EDE93415FF31.jpeg

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I love them so far. They have crazy range capability. Could be used as your surrounds even. I’m running them with 60hz crossover and no issues or complaints. I’ve not heard in ceiling for comparison but I like them enough to add another pair later.

on a separate note the 830.2’s showed up and they are big and beautiful. May beway overkill for surround duty but the price was so close to the alternatives it seemed an easy choice.

Will have to wait to try them out though as I’ve got no way to mount them yet, and they will require something secure given their weight.
View attachment 40317
View attachment 40318
View attachment 40319
View attachment 40320
Canton have a committent that not only should their Vento line sound great, they should also look the part. Some of the other speaker manufactures makes some great sounding speakers, but the look? Meh!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Canton have a committent that not only should their Vento line sound great, they should also look the part. Some of the other speaker manufactures makes some great sounding speakers, but the look? Meh!
They sure do look nice. I'm really not sure what caused these to become "open box" and discounted as I can't find a physical flaw on them. Will confirm functionality later tonight. So I'm guessing they were just a demo or something.

Now that I have the AR-800 and the 830.2, I'm almost wishing the mains were the 896.2 to match, but for the price of the 596.2 with free 556.2 center, it would be hard to justify.

I was telling Mazer that one day down the road, money and space allowing, I'd sure love to get a set of something like the reference 1.2 or 2.2 towers and move the current ones to surround duty (also moving to 7.2.4 at that point). But that dream could be 10 years down the road as there is no room for that in the current house, and it will be a long time before we are ready to consider upgrading for a variety of reasons.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those look great tx! Hopefully one day I can use these as atmos/heights. Got these last summer for a good deal on CL. Yes for small speakers they sound great with decent bass.
B212381A-76D6-4308-8F8A-1DE43C290FEF.jpeg
4F7313F4-5BC1-4773-AAA2-0F02652E84B1.jpeg

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Did you connect the 830s as your Mains and listen to them without anything else

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis