7" Canton Vento Bookshelf for $700/pr!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Yes sir. Been watching them for past week but don’t have the budget now. Will have to wait even though it’s a good price. Thx.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang I wish. You won’t need a sub for those. Dang.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW, you have Cantons right? I just checked A4L they don't have much left of Canton Towers
Yeah, to my ear, these are a step up from the SVS Ultras, which used to be my recommendation until I heard the Cantons!
The towers are fine, but I think these are the sweet spot. Assuming you will use a sub, these pump out lots of bass for a 7" woofer in such a small box and
You can ask @snakeeyes , pretty sure this is what he is running in his LR (or he might have stepped up to towers).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, to my ear, these are a step up from the SVS Ultras, which used to be my recommendation until I heard the Cantons!
The towers are fine, but I think these are the sweet spot. Assuming you will use a sub, these pump out lots of bass for a 7" woofer in such a small box and
You can ask @snakeeyes , pretty sure this is what he is running in his LR (or he might have stepped up to towers).
Ya mine are the 836 but the 830.2 should sound identical. The Canton LS300 stands work just fine on these. (Stands are $179 /pr)

I’ve also got a pair of 820.2 (the smaller version) in my bedroom 2.1 setup.

Last edited:
T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Do the 830.2 have any bottom of rear mounting screw thread inserts to secure them to a stand or bracket? If using them for my surround speakers I’d have to wall mount via some sort of bracket for now. Down the road I might be able to use stands in a different room but for now it’s bracket mount. Thx.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Do the 830.2 have any bottom of rear mounting screw thread inserts to secure them to a stand or bracket? If using them for my surround speakers I’d have to wall mount via some sort of bracket for now. Down the road I might be able to use stands in a different room but for now it’s bracket mount. Thx.
Yes 2 screws on the bottom.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I certainly like the canton speakers with the ceramic tweeter. Have to thank MazerSteven for the tip as he first recommended them to me.

I currently have the Chrono SL 596.2 main L/R, Chrono SL 556.2 center, Vento AR-800 front height/ATMOS and soon a pair of open box Vento 830.2 rear surround. :)

will eventually add another AR-800 for rear height/ATMOS (thankfully they are out of stock right now). LOL

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I certainly like the canton speakers with the ceramic tweeter. Have to thank MazerSteven for the tip as he first recommended them to me.

I currently have the Chrono SL 596.2 main L/R, Chrono SL 556.2 center, Vento AR-800 front height/ATMOS and soon a pair of open box Vento 830.2 rear surround. :)

will eventually add another AR-800 for rear height/ATMOS (thankfully they are out of stock right now). LOL
No pics or you don’t have them! ;)

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I just snagged the open box 830.2 but will take some of others to post after I run a couple of errands.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I just snagged the open box 830.2 but will take some of others to post after I run a couple of errands.
Aha so you bought them. Thought KEW got them. Congrats! What a treat you have in store for sure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis