4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched The English on Amazon Prime. Solid 8/10 for me.

PQ and AQ were top notch. They clearly shot it with 4k or better cameras. No grain at all. Which for a western is a little odd, but I didn't mind it. For some it might be too slow, but the acting, directing, cinematography, writing was all top notch. It's only 6 episodes. So a very quick binge(able) show.
I only saw about 10 minutes of it so far. Will eventually watch this series for sure. Have it saved on my HTPC.

Yeah, PQ looks fantastic. Definitely digital cameras. Only some old farts like Nolan still use analog cameras these days for grains. Even Michael Bay uses digital cameras. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just watched “Black Adam” 4K ATMOS Streaming.

PQ: superb as expected from the 4.5K Arri Alexa LF digital camera. Black level looks awesome. Colors look awesome.

SQ: Very good. Hopefully the BD version will have better Atmos effects.

I disagree with all the negative reviews on IMDB.

I think “Black Adam“ is one of the MOST ENTERTAINING superhero movies I have ever seen, along with “Dark Phoenix”. And for that, I will give Black Adam a 10/10 rating.

I’m not saying it’s Oscars level for writing/story. But I like it a lot for this genre. The salient thing is that I was extremely entertained. I will be watching this movie again and again.

“Black Adam“ makes the movie “Shazam” look like a children’s book. Wait, it is a children’s book. :D

Black Adam (BA) is a much darker antihero who will kill the bad guys who are trying to kill him or other people. He’s not one for putting guys in jail so that they can escape and kill thousands of people. BA is no boy scout and definitely no mammas boy. I enjoy watching him kill the bad guys and blow things up. :D

In conclusion, I completely enjoyed this movie and I will be watching it many times.

Definitely wait for the very end after the credits. Black Adam meets the other “most powerful” DC Comic super hero from another plant.

I hope they release a Rated-R director’s cut. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Andor (Disney+)

What can I say. Andor is thee best Star Wars series made to date. I'm a big fan of Rogue one, so I really enjoyed this prequel series. I can't wait for S2!

PQ/AQ were surprisingly good for Disney+. I think if this show got a physical release and was actually done the correct way, could be very, very good.

I loved the darker tones of this show. Took out the kid aspect of things and made it more "adult" themed. Which was definitely needed. I wish they could make the Mandalorian darker and more adult. They dumb it down so kids can watch. And don't get me started on Obi-Wan and the others. Those shows were garbage. The only thing I enjoyed about Obi-Wan was seeing the original cast come back and reprise their roles. Outside of that, story was straight trash.

The first few episodes of Andor are ok, but once you get to the 5th episode is really takes off and gets good.

I will give Andor a 9/10 for a Star Wars series.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I just watched “Black Adam” 4K ATMOS Streaming.

PQ: superb as expected from the 4.5K Arri Alexa LF digital camera. Black level looks awesome. Colors look awesome.

SQ: Very good. Hopefully the BD version will have better Atmos effects.

I disagree with all the negative reviews on IMDB.

I think “Black Adam“ is one of the MOST ENTERTAINING superhero movies I have ever seen, along with “Dark Phoenix”. And for that, I will give Black Adam a 10/10 rating.

I’m not saying it’s Oscars level for writing/story. But I like it a lot for this genre. The salient thing is that I was extremely entertained. I will be watching this movie again and again.

“Black Adam“ makes the movie “Shazam” look like a children’s book. Wait, it is a children’s book. :D

Black Adam (BA) is a much darker antihero who will kill the bad guys who are trying to kill him or other people. He’s not one for putting guys in jail so that they can escape and kill thousands of people. BA is no boy scout and definitely no mammas boy. I enjoy watching him kill the bad guys and blow things up. :D

In conclusion, I completely enjoyed this movie and I will be rewatching it many times.

Definitely wait for the very end after the credits. Black Adam meets the other “most powerful” DC Comic super hero from another plant.

I hope they release a Rated-R director’s cut. :D
I'm waiting for the uhd blu-ray disk to watch. It's always worth waiting for to experience the highest quality image and sound! After all we do invest in a home theater systems for quality right?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm waiting for the uhd blu-ray disk to watch. It's always worth waiting for to experience the highest quality image and sound! After all we do invest in a home theater systems for quality right?
Well, the 4K BD comes out Jan 3.

So watching the 4K streaming version is like watching at the movie theaters for the 1st time around. Then wait for the 4K BD version for the 2nd time and repeat viewings.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I will be waiting as well. If I had a K-scape right now I could watch it in its full glory. That’s the only thing that’s equivalent to disc. I don’t like watching big action DC/Marvel movies on streaming. Way too compressed and Atmos is horrible.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, decided to watch “Black Adam” on Black Friday. It wasn’t the train wreck it was made out to be and was an entertaining popcorn movie. Dwayne Johnson is actually the weakest link. The Rock persona is nowhere to be found here and he is not a skilled enough actor to bring any depth to the roll. A better lead, writing and third act CGI would have made a fun popcorn movie even better still. Toned down just enough to avoid an R rating, this is the most violent comic book movie since Marvel’s “Deadpool” movies. There are some really cool shots and action sequences here.

Still had some credit on my Microsoft account and purchased the movie without anything out of pocket. Nothing wrong with the picture here but XBOX version only 6 channel(5.1). With Dolby Atmos set for output using Microsoft’s silly Dolby Enabled app, the movie was upmixed and my receiver reported the signal as Dolby Surround. I applied the DTS upmixer to it since Atmos metadata was not present to lock out cross upmixing. I hate doing anything but gaming on that console. Later, I connected my current Microsoft account to Movies Anywhere. This allowed the movie to be viewed from the Movies Anywhere app and the Apple TV(iTunes) app in my Apple TV 4K and both apps include Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in their presentations. I played some of the movie’s highlights again using both apps and had some more fun.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, decided to watch “Black Adam” on Black Friday. It wasn’t the train wreck it was made out to be and was an entertaining popcorn movie. Dwayne Johnson is actually the weakest link. The Rock persona is nowhere to be found here and he is not a skilled enough actor to bring any depth to the roll. A better lead, writing and third act CGI would have made a fun popcorn movie even better still. Toned down just enough to avoid an R rating, this is the most violent comic book movie since Marvel’s “Deadpool” movies. There are some really cool shots and action sequences here.
Were there any face-palm moments in Black Adam that you recall? :D

Things like nurses performing major surgeries on moving ambulances or “regular” people flying airplanes for the first time in the lives or repairing an airplane that crashed to pieces? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Andor (Disney+)

What can I say. Andor is thee best Star Wars series made to date. I'm a big fan of Rogue one, so I really enjoyed this prequel series. I can't wait for S2!

PQ/AQ were surprisingly good for Disney+. I think if this show got a physical release and was actually done the correct way, could be very, very good.

I loved the darker tones of this show. Took out the kid aspect of things and made it more "adult" themed. Which was definitely needed. I wish they could make the Mandalorian darker and more adult. They dumb it down so kids can watch. And don't get me started on Obi-Wan and the others. Those shows were garbage. The only thing I enjoyed about Obi-Wan was seeing the original cast come back and reprise their roles. Outside of that, story was straight trash.

The first few episodes of Andor are ok, but once you get to the 5th episode is really takes off and gets good.

I will give Andor a 9/10 for a Star Wars series.
I’m about halfway through the season. But there were some face-palm moments. And overall it’s kind of boring and slow.

So far I don’t think the writing/directing of ”Andor” is nearly as good as “Rogue One”, which I think is the best Star Wars movie in terms of writing/directing.

But I will eventually finish the season. Eventually. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I’m about halfway through the season. But there were some face-palm moments. And overall it’s kind of boring and slow.

So far I don’t think the writing/directing of ”Andor” is nearly as good as “Rogue One”, which I think is the best Star Wars movie in terms of writing/directing.

But I will eventually finish the season. Eventually. :D
Hahaha, it's the same guy that wrote Rogue one. Obviously not the same director. Since all these mini-series have to bring on all these new young directors nobody's ever heard of and give them their shot.

This series is more talking and suspense. If you're looking for massive action, you won't find it in Andor. Andor is a more adult themed Star Wars series. It's not going to follow suit of the more dumbed down stuff of the other series. Where they need to pump out action scene after action scene to keep kids' attention spans.

Hopefully you do finish but knowing your taste you enjoy the stuff that needs the bangs and booms to keep things interesting. Haha :p

I can't wait for S2. The writer has already said they are going to do some time jumps in the next season and end right where Rogue one begins.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Were there any face-palm moments in Black Adam that you recall? :D

Things like nurses performing major surgeries on moving ambulances or “regular” people flying airplanes for the first time in the lives or repairing an airplane that crashed to pieces? :D
Not that I can remember but there was a lot going on.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hahaha, it's the same guy that wrote Rogue one. Obviously not the same director. Since all these mini-series have to bring on all these new young directors nobody's ever heard of and give them their shot.

This series is more talking and suspense. If you're looking for massive action, you won't find it in Andor. Andor is a more adult themed Star Wars series. It's not going to follow suit of the more dumbed down stuff of the other series. Where they need to pump out action scene after action scene to keep kids' attention spans.

Hopefully you do finish but knowing your taste you enjoy the stuff that needs the bangs and booms to keep things interesting. Haha :p

I can't wait for S2. The writer has already said they are going to do some time jumps in the next season and end right where Rogue one begins.
I don’t need action. I need intelligent writing and no face-palm moments.

Just 1 example. If you see cops chasing a felon, stay low and hidden among the crowd and let the cops leave before you start running away and draw attention to yourself.

There are scenes where they make the main character appear stupid.

There are other examples. Just not that smart.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not that I can remember but there was a lot going on.;)
Definitely a lot going on. I could have missed one, but on my 1st viewing, no face-palm moments stood out like so many contents out there.

Since it’s a DC movie, one face-palm example is when Superman (Man of Steel) lets his dad die in the tornado. He’s almost as fast as the Flash on land so nobody would see him especially in the storm/tornado.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Definitely a lot going on. I could have missed one, but on my 1st viewing, no face-palm moments stood out like so many contents out there.

Since it’s a DC movie, one face-palm example is when Superman (Man of Steel) lets his dad die in the tornado. He’s almost as fast as the Flash on land so nobody would see him especially in the storm/tornado.
That is explained in the movie why his father didn’t want him saved. So not a face palm moment. Haha sure he could’ve saved him and done it so fast, but then people would’ve been like “how that hell did you get from there to here in a second?” Which would’ve exposed himself as something different. Secondly, if Superman moved that quick with a normal human being, not sure what state they would be in after moving at the speed of sound. Hahaha! :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I don’t need action. I need intelligent writing and no face-palm moments.

Just 1 example. If you see cops chasing a felon, stay low and hidden among the crowd and let the cops leave before you start running away and draw attention to yourself.

There are scenes where they make the main character appear stupid.

There are other examples. Just not that smart.
Hahaha, now you’re just stretching for stuff. Sure it’s not perfect. Which really 99% of shows are not. But I’m specifically comparing it to all Star Wars series and it is by far the best out there. And speaking of “face-palm” moments, the entire Obi-wan series was a face palm. Haha! Mandalorian had plenty of stupid movements.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hahaha, now you’re just stretching for stuff. Sure it’s not perfect. Which really 99% of shows are not. But I’m specifically comparing it to all Star Wars series and it is by far the best out there. And speaking of “face-palm” moments, the entire Obi-wan series was a face palm. Haha! Mandalorian had plenty of stupid movements.
I agree 100% on the other SW series.

Maybe Andor has less face-palm moments than the other SW series. And maybe after watching the 2nd half of Andor, I might like it better.

I was hating Obi-Wan until he kicked Vader’s a$$, which took the entire season. And it made no sense how he went from being a total loser to kicking Vader’s a$$. Yeah, practically the entire season of Kenobi was a big face-palm.

But we digress. Andor’s video quality looks awesome. SQ isn’t bad, but I don’t know if any sound effects stood out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched The English on Amazon Prime. Solid 8/10 for me.

PQ and AQ were top notch. They clearly shot it with 4k or better cameras. No grain at all. Which for a western is a little odd, but I didn't mind it. For some it might be too slow, but the acting, directing, cinematography, writing was all top notch. It's only 6 episodes. So a very quick binge(able) show.
Jeez. You didn’t tell me this series is about Syphilis STD, rape, and revenge. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watchmen - the film, not the HBO series (which was pretty good). Crazy convoluted story, but I liked most of it. Dark, adult and violent.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watchmen - the film, not the HBO series (which was pretty good). Crazy convoluted story, but I liked most of it. Dark, adult and violent.
The “Watchmen” movie is awesome. Probably my favorite comic book movie.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis