4 uls-15 mk2’s vs 4 pb-2000’s

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I’m really hearing it with music man. I sit normal and I lean forward about a foot, the bass sounds even better
I'm about 70/30 music....room effect is my story and I'm sticking with it....lol

Seriously the room has a major impact on SQ.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Seriously the room has a major impact on SQ.
That is an understatement. The room has a dominating effect on sound quality in bass frequencies. A subwoofer in one room will sound completely different in another room. The only way to actually listen to a subwoofer itself is to do so outdoors and not close to any large structure.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That is an understatement. The room has a dominating effect on sound quality in bass frequencies. A subwoofer in one room will sound completely different in another room. The only way to actually listen to a subwoofer itself is to do so outdoors and not close to any large structure.
Well Shady you were right. SVS came out with the 3000 series just like you called it at the end of the year. Be interesting to see how these measure not meaning to change the subject just thought you should and good call on that too by the way

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’m about to go down and play around, I never was able to this morning

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Like KEW said music with bass is a lot more complex so it's why your probably hearing it more with the music and not movies. It's too bad you just can't move your seats a foot forward but I think they are on the platform right so that's probably a no go
I can probably move the second row couch up some but idk about a foot and the couches might be to close then when front is leaned back. I’m going down there now so I’ll let everyone know what happens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I can probably move the second row couch up some but idk about a foot and the couches might be to close then when front is leaned back. I’m going down there now so I’ll let everyone know what happens
Good luck!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure about the scientific reason, but I have the same issue. If I sit on the floor I'm ear level with the bass/mid bass so it does sound a little better. Also my ideal LP is about 9' from the speakers seated about 6" lower than my normal seat which is about 13' from the speakers. I call it room effect.
I’m really hearing it with music man. I sit normal and I lean forward about a foot, the bass sounds even better
Yep just sounds like you're shifting your ears into different modal areas.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Yep just sounds like you're shifting your ears into different modal areas.
I’m getting frustrated to be honest, sick of moving the dam subs around. I’m done for the night plus I have to work in a couple hours. I’ll play tomorrow

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m getting frustrated to be honest, sick of moving the dam subs around. I’m done for the night plus I have to work in a couple hours. I’ll play tomorrow
Man, I get the same thing in my room too. I actually think it’s a function of my couch more than anything, but idk for sure. I just quit leaning forward lol.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Man, I get the same thing in my room too. I actually think it’s a function of my couch more than anything, but idk for sure. I just quit leaning forward lol.
I moved my subs in two different spots tonight. First they were more spread out out on front wall n I moved my back row couch up 6in, seemed to help a little with music. Then I tried one behind my back row in left rear n one in front right corner, I didn’t like that very much. To be honest the most impact I had especially with movies is how I them initially setup flanking the stand. I’ll probably put them back how they were n slide my couch little further back than where it was originally

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’m almost to the the point where im not going to worry about it or lean forward

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Me too, we’ll see
Yeah it's tough getting everything dialed in just right. And for a lot of us there are compromises we are forced to accept sometimes. If we're you had them before gives you the best overall performance that may be the best place for you. Let us know what you come up with?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis