4 uls-15 mk2’s vs 4 pb-2000’s

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Yeah it's tough getting everything dialed in just right. And for a lot of us there are compromises we are forced to accept sometimes. If we're you had them before gives you the best overall performance that may be the best place for you. Let us know what you come up with?
Definitely man. I’m planning on putting them back this morning. I’m interested to see what hsu comes up with, I emailed them pics of how my basement is laid out. The plan was to get two vtf3s in a month or two but idk if that’s gonna help or hurt. The two sound awesome where I had them and by no means are these bad subs, I may just have a crappy and only able to put two up front n two behind me like I had my pl200s

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Definitely man. I’m planning on putting them back this morning. I’m interested to see what hsu comes up with, I emailed them pics of how my basement is laid out. The plan was to get two vtf3s in a month or two but idk if that’s gonna help or hurt. The two sound awesome where I had them and by no means are these bad subs, I may just have a crappy and only able to put two up front n two behind me like I had my pl200s
Room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Putting 2 of those behind you is going to be a lot different then 2 of the Pl-200's be a big huge difference with 4 of those beauties in there. May just be the difference maker your looking for

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Putting 2 of those behind you is going to be a lot different then 2 of the Pl-200's be a big huge difference with 4 of those beauties in there. May just be the difference maker your looking for
I would assume so. Hsu suggested I put one in right rear and one right front corner and switch phase on right rear one. I’ll try it and see but if I don’t like it I’m moving it back how I had it

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I would assume so. Hsu suggested I put one in right rear and one right front corner and switch phase on right rear one. I’ll try it and see but if I don’t like it I’m moving it back how I had it
I shouldn’t even have moved anything in the first place

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I shouldn’t even have moved anything in the first place
Yeah but know you know nothing's ever wasted of you hadn't have tried placing them in different spots if your like my my OCD would have just drove me up the fuggin wall about it till I did anyways now you know for sure what works best in placement in your room therefore.... No more OCD! :)

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Ok, so I moved my second row couch back to where I had it initially and I moved one sub to rear right as far as I could because I have the movie rack there and switched the phase. I must say the guy from hsu was correct. I only listened to parts of San Andreas but it did sound awesome and I listened to some music and the bass sounded like it should.

It’s funny now, if I lean forward the bass is weaker but when I sit back normal it sounds great. Only thing that kinda bugs me is I hear that rear sub but idk if I’m splitting hairs here. I would assume if I got two more it would even all that out but the two sound awesome now.

I’m debating on trying them back up front where I first had them and slide both my couches back some and see what that sounds like. Four outta my five seats sound great now, with the left front row seat that lacks a little. Idk, you guys think I’m crazy if I move them again or just leave it how it is?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’ll be honest, I do like the look of the subs up front but I know looks gotta go out the window when trying to achieve even bass through out the room

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
. Only thing that kinda bugs me is I hear that rear sub but idk if I’m splitting hairs here. I would assume if I got two more it would even all that out but the two sound awesome now.
You could maybe adjust level between the front/rear subs a bit?

Keep experimenting, it's hard to predict.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
You could maybe adjust level between the front/rear subs a bit?

Keep experimenting, it's hard to predict.
I could but I gain matched them before I placed the one in the rear. Might need level matched, idk?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I could but I gain matched them before I placed the one in the rear. Might need level matched, idk?
They’re both at 10 o’clock. What do you think about me moving them up front again n moving my couches back some?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's a game of moving stuff around for ideal seating/bass interaction to an extent. It depends how much time for the possible improvements it all boils down to and you are in the best position to determine just what that is.... I say find a nice medium for several seats (or just concentrate on your own, most don't care) and go from there...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What are ur thoughts on what I asked about moving stuff again?
Also if your hitting 4 out of 5 seats that's pretty Damn good. Like lovinthehd said maybe tweak the rear subs level just a bit so it's no longer calling attention to itself. But I gotta feeling if you stick with the bass setup the way HSU showed you once you get the other 2 subs and set them up the same way on the other side this will be resolved and you WILL be in bass nirvana my friend

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Also if your hitting 4 out of 5 seats that's pretty Damn good. Like lovinthehd said maybe tweak the rear subs level just a bit so it's no longer calling attention to itself. But I gotta feeling if you stick with the bass setup the way HSU showed you once you get the other 2 subs and set them up the same way on the other side this will be resolved and you WILL be in bass nirvana my friend
danzilla you are making him push those subs all over the place. :)

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I agree but for now the two sound awesome, for most two is plenty. I might try them back up front n slide my couches back some n see what that sounds like. At least I know they’ll sound good putting them back how I have them now

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Another thing, running ypao it obviously picks up the rear sub first so it set the distance to 6.8ft but hsu said to set the distance to my front sub. I changed that to 12.6ft

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis