3-way active dedicated stereo listening

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Assembly has began. My current garage is a barn/shop in the backyard without power so daylight limits my time to build. I've got one of my daughters and son helping me glue things together.
IMG_4044.jpg

Getting to the bracing. I used 1.5" width on the bracing because my square has a 1.5" wide arm to it, made it easy to draw out and cut. I calculated the inches of bracing used in my sketchup drawing to get the volume displacement.
IMG_4057.jpg

Some additional bracing will be added to the back connecting the vertical braces at the center of each one. Also to the front or the port to connect all 6 sides of the enclosure.
IMG_4095.jpg

Some thoughts on the assembly. I am doing a double baffle for the driver portion and will cut the circle and mount the deep baffle prior to attaching the front baffle. I planned on adding rockwool and running wire before mounting the side panel. I plan on mounting the baffle last. I am planning on terminal cups on the low back side of the speaker. I was planning on drilling holes through the top of the speaker between midrange and bass cabinet, threading the wires through and caulking in the holes to seal any air gaps. It seems to me a cleaner approach than having a pair of binding posts at the top of the cabinet and another at the base.

It's a slow process and my skills are very basic. Using butt joints and glue with clamping, no brad nails. Anything glaringly wrong or tips/tricks you have used I welcome them.

I have not started building the midrange enclosure yet. I'll be bracing a lot in that enclosure just to get the net volume down to .25 cubic feet. As it appears the net is close to .45 cubic feet. Below is my tinkering with sketchup. I'll be using it again, after learning the basics it isn't terrible to work with.
Quarantunesketchup.PNG

annunaki

annunaki

It’s looking really good!! I like your design/look in general. Keep us posted!

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Frost King CF1 "No Itch" Natural Cotton Multi-Purpose Insulation, 16 x 1 x 48-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y6SX1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xtxXEb0C7APBQ

What are your thoughts on something like this for denim insulation? Rockwool doesn’t seem to be available anywhere in town so looking for a more simple alternative before I bite the bullet and order a 5 pack of Rockwool online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

annunaki

annunaki

Frost King CF1 "No Itch" Natural Cotton Multi-Purpose Insulation, 16 x 1 x 48-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y6SX1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xtxXEb0C7APBQ

What are your thoughts on something like this for denim insulation? Rockwool doesn’t seem to be available anywhere in town so looking for a more simple alternative before I bite the bullet and order a 5 pack of Rockwool online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you double it up it should work.

For an alternative to Rockwool, look for Thermafiber. The fire & sound rated version.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis