2nd Impeachment of Trump

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The way I look at it is Trump's 2nd impeachment does more harm than good as far as being an immediate distraction to the things that Biden needs to work with the Senate on (stimulus and getting cabinet in place, for starters). We are in the middle of major health, economic, and political crises
However, I do believe there is no choice but to move forward with it as the message needs to be sent that the president is not above the law, even if he is on his way out.
I doubt he will be "convicted" or whatever it might be called for the Senate (impeachment-based) removal process. I also think it may have served as a deterrent on Trump's behavior. If there was no action/consequence, I think he would be desperately looking for additional ways to ambush Biden's presidency (not that some of his most recent executive orders are not doing that). As is, he seems to be laying low since he is uncertain how much damage he will suffer and if any new "sketchy" actions on his part would influence the Senate's judgement.
I'm not sure how far it goes or how long it will last, but the public removal of support from businesses may be the bigger concern for him. It looks like he owes the Deutsche Bank something like $400 million. It will be interesting to see if he declares bankruptcy yet again.
Ultimately, it is looking like his presidency will not have helped his Trump Brand, but the show continues!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Almost an hour long, but this is the best overview I have found on the on-going political conflict that incorporated the siege of the Capitol.

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
If anyone has HBO Max there is an excellent, excellent 46 minute program on the Capital attack. Its sickening.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Democratic Party is afraid of a poor old president leaving office in 5 days ?? Lmfao
He did not lead this insurrection
F this stimulus as I do not get any money as I don’t file taxes no job .

Nancy the dictator Pelosi is a hellhound lady .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is your point?..democracy is not synonymous with Democratic....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Now, this is a Steam Vent worthy summary of the House impeachment debate.

"The most consistent Republican theme was calling for unity and alleging that impeachment would be too “divisive.” To hear them tell it, the obligation to bring the nation together rests entirely with Democrats. House Republicans did not call on Trump to renounce his lies about the election, and not a single one of the 139 House Republicans who voted to toss out Biden votes last week apologized for trying to subvert democracy.​
Even as they were preaching unity, Republicans were attacking Democrats. Trevor Noah of “The Daily Show” captured the absurdity, tweeting: “EVERY GOP CONGRESSMAN: To all my Radical Dumbocrat colleagues: We need healing and unity. I say this not just to the Commies, but also to the Libtards.”[my bold]"​

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Now, this is a Steam Vent worthy summary of the House impeachment debate.

"The most consistent Republican theme was calling for unity and alleging that impeachment would be too “divisive.” To hear them tell it, the obligation to bring the nation together rests entirely with Democrats. House Republicans did not call on Trump to renounce his lies about the election, and not a single one of the 139 House Republicans who voted to toss out Biden votes last week apologized for trying to subvert democracy.​
Even as they were preaching unity, Republicans were attacking Democrats. Trevor Noah of “The Daily Show” captured the absurdity, tweeting: “EVERY GOP CONGRESSMAN: To all my Radical Dumbocrat colleagues: We need healing and unity. I say this not just to the Commies, but also to the Libtards.”[my bold]"​
They have perfected denial politics... "Look over there, not over here"

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
For every bad idea, someone will see it as a great thing and location doesn't matter.
I get that, but this isn't one that I can wrap my head around. Wouldn't it be very odd if a decent portion of the US was going on and on about how great Boris Johnson is? Waving flags with his name on it?

It's weird enough people here have Trump flags.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I get that, but this isn't one that I can wrap my head around. Wouldn't it be very odd if a decent portion of the US was going on and on about how great Boris Johnson is? Waving flags with his name on it?

The Left and Right can't wrap their heads around the ideas of either side- what's left to understand? Even worse is when people on both sides can't bring themselves to consider the possibility that some of their politicians aren't acting in the country's best interests or are acting illegally or immorally.

You know how many people freaked out when Trump signed or talked about signing executive orders? Biden plans to sign dozens in his first ten days as POTUS. I suspect that many will cause a commotion.
Brexit is none of the US's concern. If all/most British people wanted to stay in the EU, they would have booted Johnson by now.

highfigh

highfigh

It's more weird that they have Confederate flags, IMO.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The Left and Right can't wrap their heads around the ideas of either side- what's left to understand? Even worse is when people on both sides can't bring themselves to consider the possibility that some of their politicians aren't acting in the country's best interests or are acting illegally or immorally.

You know how many people freaked out when Trump signed or talked about signing executive orders? Biden plans to sign dozens in his first ten days as POTUS. I suspect that many will cause a commotion.
Brexit is none of the US's concern. If all/most British people wanted to stay in the EU, they would have booted Johnson by now.
immorality and politics are twins separated at birth...

highfigh

highfigh

it's the definition of the trump hard core base.. that confederate flag defines them.. white , racist , angry...
I got a call from someone I met on a job after we were at a grocery store- I think he got my number from the homeowner. He invited me to a gathering at his house, of 'like-minded people'. I don't know where he got that idea, but I really don't think our minds are alike to the extent he thinks they are.

Any politician who has a 'hard core base' needs to get their crap in order- that's also known as a 'cult of personality' and we don't need that.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I got a call from someone I met on a job after we were at a grocery store- I think he got my number from the homeowner. He invited me to a gathering at his house, of 'like-minded people'. I don't know where he got that idea, but I really don't think our minds are alike to the extent he thinks they are.

Any politician who has a 'hard core base' needs to get their crap in order- that's also known as a 'cult of personality' and we don't need that.
the guy is obviously recruiting/ converting...

highfigh

highfigh

the guy is obviously recruiting/ converting...
Good luck trying to recruit me- I wouldn't want to be involved in something that's anywhere near hard-Left OR Right. People like that annoy the crap out of me.

highfigh

highfigh

criminality is the jump off point with some , not others...i'd rather be in bed with a whore than a whore that's going to steal my tv when it's over...
So, you won't be handcuffed to the TV?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis