2021 Denon Receivers with Three 8K HDMI Inputs < $700

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
When we decided to downsize and move to a smaller house, having a huge HT setup was not in the cards. Frankly, I likely never would have anyway. But it's quite enough what is already here.

Connected to my old Pioneer VSX-1120K receiver is:
Polk Audio Rt1000i tower speakers
Large Polk Audio Center Channel
New Apple TV 4K UHD
New TCL 55" 4K ultra hd with eARC etc...

Way more power and speaker than we need, but it's all good.
The odd duck now is the old Pioneer receiver, now with only TOSLINK for audio.

I do like to future-proof, as you can tell from the age of some of this stuff. The speakers I bought back circa 1999. I do have a PS4, and might get a PS5, who knows? I might get more speakers for better HT sound, but might not. Taking all of this into consideration, I've found some good AVRs that could last a very long time, and be just great enough.

I was surprised that Costco has a couple of receivers, the Denon AVR-S760H and the Onkyo TX-NR6050. The former is only $450, and the latter is $500.

Denon's latest models are the ones that piqued my interest, because they have 2.1 connections that work. These models seem to checkoff all the boxes, am I missing anything?

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
O couldn't stop myself, the spending momentum is too great! I just ordered the Denon AVR-S760H at Costco so I can get my new stand setup and things stored away. When a woman starts looking at cables and other thing lying around, act quickly, they may turn up somewhere "put away".

I won't outgrow thins thing for many months, I view it as dispensable if it has to be. Lots of people asking me weekly what I'm getting rid of .

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Broken promises made by all of the AVR manufacturers. Now here's a question..Do the AVR manufacturers purchase their HDMI chipsets from the same manufacturer or do they develop their own?
Yes, a few companies produce them, such as Cypress Tech, Analog Devices, Diodes, Parade Tech, etc.

SU and Yamaha sourced chips from Panasonic Solutions. It is not clear whether Panasonic Solutions created the whole mess in 2020. Engineers from AVR vendors also need to know which features exactly they are looking for for their devices. There are several types of chips with different features. The mess was a complex issue. I posted several explanations and links in Yamaha's thread, if you wish to find out more.

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
So Costco delivers the AVR-S760H today. Had it setup very quickly, nice menus. Not a single hiccup or bad connection yet anyway.

The contrast between this air and my old Pioneer, well 9 pounds explains it. Even though I don't need it, there's a profound power difference. But in 2021, my old Pioneer is likely more than twice the price, so no real complaints.

E

EL PIPI

Audiophyte
Hi, between Denon AVR S760 H and between the yamaha rx-v 4a, which one do you recommend, I have some polk tsi 100 speakers, and I want to update my yamaha rx v492, I only listen in stereo. Greetings from Argentina.

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
Hi, between Denon AVR S760 H and between the yamaha rx-v 4a, which one do you recommend, I have some polk tsi 100 speakers, and I want to update my yamaha rx v492, I only listen in stereo. Greetings from Argentina.
I've had mine since December, flawless so far. eArc and all work fine. I'd prefer more power myself, but I have some hungry old Polk RT 100 speakers with built in subs. Should work fine for your setup. I stayed away from that Yamaha due to various concerns about setup and connections.

E

EL PIPI

Audiophyte
I've had mine since December, flawless so far. eArc and all work fine. I'd prefer more power myself, but I have some hungry old Polk RT 100 speakers with built in subs. Should work fine for your setup. I stayed away from that Yamaha due to various concerns about setup and connections.
Thank you very much for answering, then do you recommend the denon?

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
Thank you very much for answering, then do you recommend the denon?
I can recommend it for sure. A friend bought the Yamaha AVR because he loved the old, old Yamaha I gave him years ago. But his setup and experience with the new Yamaha are distinctly different than my experience with the Denon. Plus, the Denon has 7.2, Dolby Atmos, 8K upscaling if you need or ever will need those things. To better compare, you'd have to see the Yamaha RX-V6Awhich is more comparable. I tried my best to avoid any and all 2.1 connection issues, and that's why I didn't go bigger budget.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The Yamaha RX-V4A is a 5.1 channel receiver with a lesser feature set than the Denon S760H. The Yamaha RX-V6A is better equipped than the V4A and is comparable to the Denon S760H as was mentioned. Though, having had an RX-V6A and the Denon S760H, I preferred the Denon.

E

EL PIPI

Audiophyte
I can recommend it for sure. A friend bought the Yamaha AVR because he loved the old, old Yamaha I gave him years ago. But his setup and experience with the new Yamaha are distinctly different than my experience with the Denon. Plus, the Denon has 7.2, Dolby Atmos, 8K upscaling if you need or ever will need those things. To better compare, you'd have to see the Yamaha RX-V6Awhich is more comparable. I tried my best to avoid any and all 2.1 connection issues, and that's why I didn't go bigger budget.
thanks steve for answering, your comment helps me a lot!

E

EL PIPI

Audiophyte
The Yamaha RX-V4A is a 5.1 channel receiver with a lesser feature set than the Denon S760H. The Yamaha RX-V6A is better equipped than the V4A and is comparable to the Denon S760H as was mentioned. Though, having had an RX-V6A and the Denon S760H, I preferred the Denon.
In crutchfield they offered me the onkyo tx 8260, only stereo, the truth is I only listen to two channels, I would like to experiment in 7.1 but with the devaluation that exists in Argentina it is almost impossible to set up a home theater, thanks for your opinion, it gives me a lot .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis