Denon 2020 av-receivers

E

EBN

Audioholic
And it seems we have full range of receivers coming. I talked few dealers, one is close to me and he was told only 4000 & 6000 ranges. Well i think this is good news cause the 2019 models will go sale soon! :)

X2700H

E

EBN

Audioholic
The arrangement of the connections on the connector board on the back of the AVC-X3700H differs only slightly from the predecessor. For example, we can not find a connection for an FM / DAB tuner , which explains the name change from AVR to AVC. The AVC-X3700H is therefore actually an AV amplifier, not an AV receiver. Only very few will miss the radio feature.

The most interesting is the HDMI section. 7 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs can be seen on the back of the AV amplifier . One is clearly marked as "8K IN" , while all three outputs are probably 8K-capable (HDCP 2.3) . One of the outputs can also process eARC audio signals. So if you buy an Xbox Series X and Playstation 5, you would always have to reconnect the cable for games that use the full bandwidth of the HDMI 2.1 connection (4K / 120p). There are still no HDMI 2.1 splitters (currently not known to us).

E

EBN

Audioholic
Any leaked info about the prices and release?
Not yet. The Denon German rep said the announce should be taking place at end of May or start of June. Same as for Yamaha and Onkyo. Prices will be high as usual and not much seem to be changed in the lower models. X6700H will be nice jump for those who need 13.2 processing and DTS X Pro. But seriously if one is not gamer i would think twice. The 2019 models has eARC, ALLM plus HDCP 2.3 which may be beneficial going in to future. Only 1 8K input isn´t much to jump about either. Will be intresting to see what Yamaha shows us with the brand new look!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The 4700 looks just like my 4500 with a silver front and an 8K TV port. Nothing else seems different? Price?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Not yet. The Denon German rep said the announce should be taking place at end of May or start of June. Same as for Yamaha and Onkyo. Prices will be high as usual and not much seem to be changed in the lower models. X6700H will be nice jump for those who need 13.2 processing and DTS X Pro. But seriously if one is not gamer i would think twice. The 2019 models has eARC, ALLM plus HDCP 2.3 which may be beneficial going in to future. Only 1 8K input isn´t much to jump about either. Will be intresting to see what Yamaha shows us with the brand new look!
For the semi-audiophiles, 13.1 is great news even if they only need 11.1 because 13.1 would imply the option to assign FL/FR to pre-out assuming it will have only 11 internal power amps. Currently the 6500 cannot do that, only the 3600 and 4500 can.

E

EBN

Audioholic
For the semi-audiophiles, 13.1 is great news even if they only need 11.1 because 13.1 would imply the option to assign FL/FR to pre-out assuming it will have only 11 internal power amps. Currently the 6500 cannot do that, only the 3600 and 4500 can.
Yep, but is the trick audible for most people in the lower models? I doubt not. Something you can see when measuring and then you are already telling your brains it must sound better as it got higher SINAD. Real audiophiles would never use av-receiver for 2ch listening with expensive speakers. Not even these near flagship models. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, but is the trick audible for most people in the lower models? I doubt not. Something you can see when measuring and then you are already telling your brains it must sound better as it got higher SINAD. Real audiophiles would never use av-receiver for 2ch listening with expensive speakers. Not even these near flagship models. :)
Rationally speaking, I have to agree with you. Though I still think that the potential to use that trick could be comforting for those who had come to ask if they should add a 2 channel power amp or even an integrated amp (that made little sense in general..) so they could use their HT system for some serious two channel music listening too, thinking that for such application an AVR is not up to the task. After all, Gene highlighted this trick before anyone else so he must thought it was, or at least, could be useful to some people.

Regardless, the sad truth is that in most cases, their AVRs would have been fine and there are no need to pay more and sometimes may actually get less by going the separate route. That is, only if they haven't been biased previously by hearsay/audio myths.

Last edited:
A

alkemomo

Enthusiast
This question is posed to an owner of the x6700h AVR who uses the wide fronts. What effects do the wide fronts have upon the sound stage? . Are the localization and placement of sounds more defined? Do musical instruments seem more "fixed" is space? Do sound sources seem more realistically placed? Does the sound stage have more width and depth? What sonic differences do you discern when the wide fronts are turned on and off?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This question is posed to an owner of the x6700h AVR who uses the wide fronts. What effects do the wide fronts have upon the sound stage? . Are the localization and placement of sounds more defined? Do musical instruments seem more "fixed" is space? Do sound sources seem more realistically placed? Does the sound stage have more width and depth? What sonic differences do you discern when the wide fronts are turned on and off?
Is this even available yet? ;)

E

EBN

Audioholic
Marantz has introduced 2020 models in UK! I assume Gene or someone will make thread when the US announcement comes. Feature wise nothing special. SR8015 looks similar to X6700H with 13.2 processing and DTS:X Pro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis