Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, and probably. Amazon can ask for them back within six months of my review. So far, they've never asked for anything back - but they could.
That is very cool. As you know I am a huge fan of free. Your collection of free must be amazing.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some MA 700U amps. I found them on CL and responded via email leaving my number. Turns out it's the same guy from CT that sold me the MA 500U amps. I already had his # in my phone from our last exchange. Small world.

Cheryl must never know. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How many? :)
Oh ... just two. They're rated at 200/300 watts into 8/4 Ohm and my 4 Ohm subs are designed to handle 300 watts so that will be perfect. The meet is right by a U-Do-It Electronics up in Mass. I'm going to see if I can find a 4U drawer for CD storage that the amps can sit on in my DIY pro rack.

I've been sick for about a week. My girl already reprimanded me for running around yesterday. Of course I'm being quiet as a church mouse regarding my planned outing today. It's never pleasant when I openly disobey her ... so I keep secrets instead. Being sneaky like this might be every bit as addictive as getting new gear. Then of course there's the joy of getting caught. I like all of it ... maybe more than listening to music. Spank me mommy.

http://www.hifi-pictures.net/amplifiers-home/Marantz MA-700/Marantz MA700.pdf

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I checked those amps out last night. Pretty sweet that they (as far as I can tell) look identical to the ones that you already have except for a single digit on the front panel. Covert upgrade...engaged. :D Enjoy your day trip. That's about an hour each way, right? Yeah, I looked it up... :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Having a living nightmare these days with birch-pollen, I'm quite allergic and now these last three days it's spreading like h#¤#
Of course this is also the best, warmest, most sunny days we had here this far this year, and I have to spend my time inside down "in a cave" where it's safe from this....
When I'm too exposed it's like knives in my eyes, even though I do take all precautions... allergy pills, allergy eyedrops, flushing eyes with saltwater drops, flushing hair, changing clothes 5 times a day
Don't suggest cortisone-shot, coz I'm not gonna take that sh##

It's only a matter of 10 to 14 days and it's gonna be over..... puuuuh
Have you tried this? http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-11/neti-pots

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm compiling a list of attributes for receivers in the ~$600 MSRP range. I've done about five attributes for four receivers, and I'm already bored.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Onkyo TX-NR626 and Denon AVR-E400.
I'd gravitate toward the Denon except for the lack of pre-outs. Dynamic volume is cool though. I heard that down at Greg's and liked it. Walter's Carver on my subs was cool because it had easy access gain control but my 500s force me into the rec'r menu to make adjustments. The 700s have tiny little gain controls on the rear which will probably leave me going for the rec'r gains anyway. Get them to send you a 4311 for review and we'll talk.

The Donkyo ...

Lol ... j/k. Just tell me if you can fry eggs on it. :D

The Donkyo ...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was initially more happy about getting the Denon...and then I read up on their features. If the Onkyo can stay cool enough, it'll trounce the Denon, IMO. For example - the Onkyo will do SACD over HDMI, but the Denon won't.

I think that my Pioneer is better than either one, but I'm really grateful for the chance to try out Audyssey after reading about it for years.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Whew. I'm glad that the site is back up. I thought that I'd have to go all day without posting about how boring my life is. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think that if I had to go a day without reading about your boring life I would die a little inside. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that if I had to go a day without reading about your boring life I would die a little inside. :)
I get a sense of worth from knowing that my existence lowers the bar for everyone else and allows them to feel successful. "I'd feel bad for sleeping almost all day, but at least I did more than that dude." :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After 40 years, I learned about tetrachromats about five minutes ago. Pretty cool. I wonder what it would be like to see 100 times as many colors as most people can. Although, given that we tend to have abilities from birth, we'd never know any different - so it probably wouldn't seem special.

I have to thank Alex for me learning that. :) He posted a joke on FB about the world's quietest room (although, apparently another room is unofficially quieter), I looked it up, and found a link to tetrachromats.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
On the agenda today:

1) Get center channel put together.

2) Clean and organize workshop

3) Clean up living room

4) Approximate amount and cost of materials needed for desk kit.

5) Work out

Odds of completing all five: ~45%

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not hearing anything is one thing. Being so quiet I can hear my internal organs is something else entirely.

In regards to the quietest room. That sounded odd without some context.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was hopeful that the new push-in speaker connectors on the Denon AVR-E400 would have removable end caps for banana plugs. Nope. That seems like a big step backwards for connectors that are supposed to make things easier.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis