Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just checked, and my RPA-1 has 72,000uF per channel.
I can't help but think that Emo was compensating for small or under powered torridals with that kind of capacitance. Especially with those power ratings.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I can't help but think that Emo was compensating for small or under powered torridals with that kind of capacitance. Especially with those power ratings.
Whenever I saw the word "toroidal" mentioned while describing transformers in audio amps, they were almost always preceded by the word "massive". I didn't know it was possible to say "small toroidal" or "underpowered toroidal" on an audio forum :D.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I bet that particular emo has a humongoid power supply making it heavy on top of the caps.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
As far as I can tell on a quick search, it's using a pair of 300VA transformers.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As far as I can tell on a quick search, it's using a pair of 300VA transformers.
I can read the sticker on one of them, and it says 300W. Those things are huge compared to the ones in the IPS-1.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice. I was leaning toward the S4 until I got a coupon for a Droid DNA for free and went with it instead. I really like the DNA. 5" screen and super fast. No SD card which is a bit of a bummer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damaged the screen on my old one and the "comparable" replacement they said was actually a lesser model than what I already had (DroidX, 4+yrs old), so my choices were DNA, S3 or S4. After comparing them, I said what the heck and went with the 4. I really liked the look of the DNA, but it was the same price and Samsung is one of my company's largest customers. My very small way of giving Apple the finger too. I would have taken a free DNA though! :)

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still using a 10 year old flip phone. But at $5 a month, it will do.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Damaged the screen on my old one and the "comparable" replacement they said was actually a lesser model than what I already had (DroidX, 4+yrs old), so my choices were DNA, S3 or S4. After comparing them, I said what the heck and went with the 4. I really liked the look of the DNA, but it was the same price and Samsung is one of my company's largest customers. My very small way of giving Apple the finger too. I would have taken a free DNA though! :)
I'd pay 100 bucks to not get a motorola phone they always have bad luck with me. I really tried to work with them because they put food on my table for many years, but ultimately I had to part ways.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had a lot of bad luck with the older Motorolas, but the DroidX had zero problems for me up until that point, and that was my fault. Their newer stuff is a lot better. The DNA is a HTC phone. I've previously owned Samsungs with no issues as well, which is why I had no problem going with this one.

I'm still using a 10 year old flip phone. But at $5 a month, it will do.
That would be nice, but I do use features that require data. I have everyone in the immediate family on my family plan so this phone costs no more than my last one; it was just the cost of the phone itself, which I still didn't want to spend, but I figure I got more than my money's worth for my last one.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Enjoy the new phone John. The split screen looks interesting.

I have the S3, and doubt if Samsung will allow me to graduate to the S4.
Simple because of the countless times I hold it upside down.:eek::D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Enjoy the new phone John. The split screen looks interesting.
Not exactly sure how I am going to use that, but it does look interesting. I keep finding cool new things that this one does, some of which are actually useful too :D

I have the S3, and doubt if Samsung will allow me to graduate to the S4.
Simple because of the countless times I hold it upside down.:eek::D
Yeah, well I think that is even worse with the new one due to only having the one hard button on the front. It is a 50/50 crap shoot :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis