Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait we're talking sub amps? Why do you need a sub amp, what did I miss?
I have a couple of DIY subs in the ManTown 2.2 system that I was powering with Walter's Carver. I'm now powering them with Kurt's Aragon 2007 but I really just want a 2 channel amp for them. Adam teases me mercilessly with his RPA-1. The subs can take 300 watts each at 4 Ohms. Anymore would very likely damage them. A $75 A500 would take care of it nicely. The Aragon is the wrong color (I know, I know) and is huge. I think I already said this but it's like delivering pizzas in a Porsche.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I don't think it's any secret that occasionally my mind wanders into places that it probably shouldn't. As I was at the gas station giving my car a snack, I thought to myself: self, it's been a while since you've seen a good chain e-mail. Why not create one??? So, when I got home, I drafted this little gem:

Hello Friend,

I recognize that the past few years have been particularly tough for my fellow Americans, with the Great Recession and slow recovery taking its toll on many families. While I have been fortunate to escape the effects of these hard times, I would like to do something to help my countrymen. Therefore in the spirit of generosity, I am putting forth this e-mail. If this message gets forwarded 100,000,000 times by February 28, 2013, which the Obama Administration has promised to help me track, I will create a "free gas" day on March 3, 2013. That's right: if this e-mail gets forwarded one hundred million times, I will pay for everyone's gas for one day. Good luck America!

Sincerely Yours,
William H. Gates III

I'll probably forward it to a few in-laws and see how far it gets. Odds that it will get automatically sent to their junk folder: 90%; odds that it will sweep America and Bill Gates will be forced to pay for everyone's gas on 3/3/2013: 0.00001%. Worth a shot!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Last backtracking question. What are you using to power the salks? The carver? Then you're moving the Aragon over to the main setup and want a two channel for the subs instead of routing two channels of the Aragon over there?

I have a couple of DIY subs in the ManTown 2.2 system that I was powering with Walter's Carver. I'm now powering them with Kurt's Aragon 2007 but I really just want a 2 channel amp for them. Adam teases me mercilessly with his RPA-1. The subs can take 300 watts each at 4 Ohms. Anymore would very likely damage them. A $75 A500 would take care of it nicely. The Aragon is the wrong color (I know, I know) and is huge. I think I already said this but it's like delivering pizzas in a Porsche.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't think it's any secret that occasionally my mind wanders into places that it probably shouldn't. As I was at the gas station giving my car a snack, I thought to myself: self, it's been a while since you've seen a good chain e-mail. Why not create one??? So, when I got home, I drafted this little gem:

Hello Friend,

I recognize that the past few years have been particularly tough for my fellow Americans, with the Great Recession and slow recovery taking its toll on many families. While I have been fortunate to escape the effects of these hard times, I would like to do something to help my countrymen. Therefore in the spirit of generosity, I am putting forth this e-mail. If this message gets forwarded 100,000,000 times by February 28, 2013, which the Obama Administration has promised to help me track, I will create a "free gas" day on March 3, 2013. That's right: if this e-mail gets forwarded one hundred million times, I will pay for everyone's gas for one day. Good luck America!

Sincerely Yours,
William H. Gates III

I'll probably forward it to a few in-laws and see how far it gets. Odds that it will get automatically sent to their junk folder: 90%; odds that it will sweep America and Bill Gates will be forced to pay for everyone's gas on 3/3/2013: 0.00001%. Worth a shot!
What's the other 9.99999%?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What's the other 9.99999%?
That some spambot might pick it up and forward it a few times (or one of the less intelligent in-laws), but in the end it won't be quite enough to force Bill Gates' hand.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Last backtracking question. What are you using to power the salks? The carver? Then you're moving the Aragon over to the main setup and want a two channel for the subs instead of routing two channels of the Aragon over there?
The Carver like so many Carvers of an era before your time, YAA is a tad noisy in the transformer and out of the subs themselves so it's being retired for now. The Salks have a B&K ST2140 waiting to power them but right now they along with the rest of the 7.2 system is being pushed by an old Onkyo TX-SR800. The Aragon is too tall for the entertainment center. I could put it on the ManTown side on top or beside the entertainment center but it's serious overkill that I don't want to do the extra wiring for. A Denon 4311 would take care of that whole scenario without issue ... down the road.

So ... the Aragon is driving the subs. The old Onkyo rec'r is driving the Salks. The Carver might be down for the count. The B&K will drive the Salks in the future.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It all makes sense now. So what will become of the Aragon if you do in fact replace it with a two channel? I don't believe there is anywhere for it in your plan unless you set it up in the mantown side, which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

The Carver like so many Carvers of an era before your time, YAA is a tad noisy in the transformer and out of the subs themselves so it's being retired for now. The Salks have a B&K ST2140 waiting to power them but right now they along with the rest of the 7.2 system is being pushed by an old Onkyo TX-SR800. The Aragon is too tall for the entertainment center. I could put it on the ManTown side on top or beside the entertainment center but it's serious overkill that I don't want to do the extra wiring for. A Denon 4311 would take care of that whole scenario without issue ... down the road.

So ... the Aragon is driving the subs. The old Onkyo rec'r is driving the Salks. The Carver might be down for the count. The B&K will drive the Salks in the future.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That some spambot might pick it up and forward it a few times (or one of the less intelligent in-laws), but in the end it won't be quite enough to force Bill Gates' hand.
I think I should forward it to every teacher in my district. And every single person at my old college. That should help things along.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
It did appear to make it through the various spam filters of the interwebs to my sister in law, so there's hope!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
International rules of shotgun/dibs. The object/seat in question must be in plain view.

Please quickly inhale while forming your lips into an O shape and continue to do so for as long as necessary.* :p :D

*suck it :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So what will become of the Aragon if you do in fact replace it with a two channel? I don't believe there is anywhere for it in your plan unless you set it up in the mantown side, which it doesn't sound like you want to do.
I'll just hang onto it in case Adam wants to buy me a pre-pro.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought maybe you'd send it to me as part of your outreach program to depraved AH members.

Yeah, I spelled it right...
I know you wouldn't use it because of it's color you racist bastard but I really like the idea of an unexpected amp showing up at your door out of nowhere ... free.

Sh!t, that would be awesome.
Put some hot girl's pic in the package with a note saying something about how much she enjoys your posts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis