mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
You know, it never occurred to me to run them at different frequencies. You have me intrigued. :) I decided to buy the SB13U because I thought it might help even out the response at my different listening positions. So, my approach so far has been to run them in parallel.
it was easy for me to run mine at different frequencies due to my PC13 having the sledge amp ...

i connected the LFE out to the PC13Ultra, lowpassed itself to about 50hz
connected the SB13 to the highpassed outputs of the PC13 (sledge version can control at what frequency the highpass out cx is, i set it at 40hz)

in your case, you could still do the parallel thing, lowpass the PC13 to what you prefer, and use the SB13's room compensation to "diminish" the low end output (choose small room)

or you could still do your status quo, whichever sounds better. :) i just liked the SB13 for music ... so i let it do most of the work.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now that I have two subs, I find myself craving an XT32 receiver...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You rush into buying everything...should have waited on purchasing that Pioneer.;):D
Nah, I'm tired of waiting. Sure, sure...I'll still do it...but I'm tired of it. :) 15 years to get a new TV, for example. I know that seems rushed to you, fellow JVC-boy. :D

I still really like the Pioneer. The remote sucks because two rows of buttons don't work well, but I like it overall. I just would like some automated algorithm action for the subs. The PC13U has a single-band PEQ, and the SB13U has a dual-band PEQ, so I can play around a bit.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just wish the Sherwood R-972 did multiple subs so I could start hammering you to try one.

I'm beyond curious to see how someone from audioholics would react to the watered down trinnov system.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Nah, I'm tired of waiting. Sure, sure...I'll still do it...but I'm tired of it. :) 15 years to get a new TV, for example. I know that seems rushed to you, fellow JVC-boy. :D

I still really like the Pioneer. The remote sucks because two rows of buttons don't work well, but I like it overall. I just would like some automated algorithm action for the subs. The PC13U has a single-band PEQ, and the SB13U has a dual-band PEQ, so I can play around a bit.
I'm surprised you don't have a universal remote. Pick up a harmony one. It's the best $200 I've spent on my system.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm surprised you don't have a universal remote. Pick up a harmony one. It's the best $200 I've spent on my system.
I saw them for $120 new a couple of Christmas's ago, and since then, I refuse to pay more than that. Odd, maybe...but that's me. :) In fact, I should pay less because it's getting more outdated.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just wish the Sherwood R-972 did multiple subs so I could start hammering you to try one.

I'm beyond curious to see how someone from audioholics would react to the watered down trinnov system.
Oddly enough, I was just contemplating getting one this morning. :) I even read one of the threads on here, where some AHs react to the watered down system. :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oddly enough, I was just contemplating getting one this morning. :) I even read one of the threads on here, where some AHs react to the watered down system. :p
Hmm must have missed that one. Pretty much sounds like some of the other threads I've read. It has a bunch of quirks and isn't as refined as many other AVR's, but the Trinnov is awesome.

I'd like to see somebody really give trinnov a thorough workout to compare to audyssey, MCACC, etc. Aud multi-XT32 is awesome for multiple subs, but I'm entirely convinced I like what it does to the rest of my system. I read what TLS Guy said about it being very good for delay and a couple other things, but in terms of boosting and cutting. I took a few measurements awhile back and it didn't really look like audyssey did anything for the phils. However, below 300Hz it did a great job.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Adam, I don't know how long you've had that UPS for, but with mine the batteries died not so long ago. When you contact the mftr, if your experiences are like mine, they won't really help you figure out what you need, saying something to the effect of, oh it's not designed to have consumer swappable batteries. :rolleyes:

I actually use a number of UPS's now for different things, two of which are Belkin, and these two actually use the same batteries (the other is a tower, connected to a PC). They both use two batteries btw. When you remove them, I advise taking pics and/or putting a piece of tape on each to help you understand orientation. The length of the connecting wires are just so that they lend clues on how they can be connected.

Buy from Apex, that price is for 2 unlike some of the others. They were one of two places I was recommended after more research, where the other vendor didn't have any left. Apex is very unaccustomed to dealing with individual consumers, but their CS is top notch IMO. Really, top notch.

https://www.google.com/search?q=F6C800-UNV+UPS+Battery++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=F6C800-UNV+UPS+Battery&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=U0D&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=R0d7UInmCevPigL9t4H4DA&ved=0CA8Q_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=c082fe150afb377d&bpcl=35277026&biw=1920&bih=951

This is the unit I use in a secondary system:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the info! My Belkin isn't a UPS, though. It's just a power conditioner. Well, in theory. Maybe it conditions. I just use it for the extra outlets. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I took my IPS-1 apart again today because I wanted to see if it would be easy enough to swap out the loud transformers. It seems a bit more involved than I want to deal with, so it's back together.

However, today was the first time that I hooked speakers up to my Pioneer Elite (they had always run off of the amps since I bought it back in 2009). Everything sounds fine to me so far. Me thinks that the IPS-1 is going to find itself back in the box.

Of course, being an AH, I'm looking at NHT Power5 amps now...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis