Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Send it in to Gene for a review. :D

What was it you actually bought?
I'd be more than happy to. I probably won't end up using it anyways unless I need to tow something. :p Plus I don't think it would actually fit in my entertainment stand. The darn thing is 7 gauge wire with a pretty thick looking jacket. I'm still not sure what the point of that is in their minds and somehow I don't think reading a product description would help either.

Thursday pics will be up.

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I'll show you tomorrow
It's only a day awayyyyyyyyyy

Is it weird that I waited to respond until after midnight just so I could throw that in there?

:D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I tried meditation today. it was actually really nice. i think i need to start doing this more often...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So apparently in a rare error, Salk botched my center speaker. Thank goodness it went to Dennis first. He listened to it and measured it. Graph looked horrible below the crossover. He then took the crossover out and fixed a few small errors and put it all back together and remeasured it. Unfortunately the graph still looked ugly below the crossover, right in the mid-bass in exactly the same way. He's going to try again tomorrow, but he so far he's stumped as to why it's screwy. :(

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So apparently in a rare error, Salk botched my center speaker. Thank goodness it went to Dennis first. He listened to it and measured it. Graph looked horrible below the crossover. He then took the crossover out and fixed a few small errors and put it all back together and remeasured it. Unfortunately the graph still looked ugly below the crossover, right in the mid-bass in exactly the same way. He's going to try again tomorrow, but he so far he's stumped as to why it's screwy. :(
That couldn't have been what they sent you the wire with but it's great that Dennis spared you the hassle of discovering the fault.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Definitely not what the wire is coming with.

Hopefully Dennis can figure it out today, otherwise it'll have to wait until next week when he gets back from RMAF.

Even though it sounds not so great Dennis says it looks awesome.

The small victories :rolleyes: :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So apparently in a rare error, Salk botched my center speaker.
Man, that sucks.

Here's my question - how does something like that get sent out the door? Surely they do measurements prior to delivery. You said that Dennis fixed some errors, but did he notice anything that looked like damage that could have occurred in transit?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Not to worry.
I've heard that buying an expensive power cord will fix all that.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
In an ironicly interesting twist, the second Boring thread was terminated earlier this evening.

As we all know, though, boredom never goes away for long. It waits...for just the right moment to return. In honor of Sensi, that time has come.

The Boredom Abides.
Is Adam the new MidnightSensi ?
It's not everyone in here that's capable of starting a boring thread !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis