Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I honestly had no idea what you were asking :D

I just got home about 20 mins ago after having to "break into" my GF's car. We went to the movies and she locked the keys in the car, so I called my Dad and a screwdriver, rag, clothes hanger, 30 minutes later the car was unlocked and we were on our way home.

I'm just all sorts of confused, plus I have to cover a math class tomorrow followed by watching my kids more than likely get the crap kicked out of them in our soccer game. Looonnnngggg day tomorrow.

Yea the old 1K2. Alex liked it I think and it has tons of power on hand. If I had been more willing to bend on price and or he had gobs more cash, I think he would have taken it home as well.

Right now I have two and a half high powered two channel amps. There's only one I really want to keep.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just like how Alex perfectly adhered to Sheldon's (Big Bang) code of conduct for being invited into another person's home. You bring pie, you get invited in. He brought pie, a peach one. It's like he's psychic.........or a stalker since that's the woman's favorite. Peach stuff that is.

Maybe he really wasn't kidding when he asked how much for her? :eek: :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I guess I'm not the only insomniac around here.
Claude here must be a f^%&ing parrot. :rolleyes:

I haven't figured out how to use the DEQ2496 or REW. I meant to ask you if you were running Audyssey and please remind me which rec'r you're using.

Looking at the pies at the farmers market I felt drawn to the peach one. Cherry is my favorite but for some reason it wasn't even a consideration. Weird, huh?

I just remembered that I can't use Jeff's Onkyo 809 because it is too tall for my entertainment center. My top shelf is 8 inches. Maybe on top of the EC with a RF remote. What would I have to get to to make that fly? Ugh ... maybe I'll just stick with the rec'r I have: an old Onkyo TX-SR800. It has 8 channel analog audio ins.

Hey, look at that: I gotta go to work. ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Claude here must be a f^%&ing parrot. :rolleyes:

I haven't figured out how to use the DEQ2496 or REW. I meant to ask you if you were running Audyssey and please remind me which rec'r you're using.

Looking at the pies at the farmers market I felt drawn to the peach one. Cherry is my favorite but for some reason it wasn't even a consideration. Weird, huh?

I just remembered that I can't use Jeff's Onkyo 809 because it is too tall for my entertainment center. My top shelf is 8 inches. Maybe on top of the EC with a RF remote. What would I have to get to to make that fly? Ugh ... maybe I'll just stick with the rec'r I have: an old Onkyo TX-SR800. It has 8 channel analog audio ins.

Hey, look at that: I gotta go to work. ;)
From what I heard DEQ2496 can do magic, and it can also bring you into the audio never never land of constant tweaking, so watch out Alex ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I am running audyssey, but it was off for most of your listening because I had it in pure direct mode. I have an onkyo 3009 which has multi XT32. Did wonders for the bass and when I was running dual subs, but thought it probably could be better everywhere else. Just got a DEQ2496 on ebay and am going to jump into that when it finally arrives.

I knew it. You are psychic :eek:

Yes, mine is a touch over 8 inches as well.

Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=7973&CAWELAID=1329456089&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CNykgejh87ICFUqi4AodRmAA_g

RF extender for your current remote or switch to a remote that comes with RF.

From what I heard DEQ2496 can do magic, and it can also bring you into the audio never never land of constant tweaking, so watch out Alex ;)
Well..........damn :D Sounds like I'm gonna need a mini-dsp now too :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That is not honey. We have honey, but a drinking a glass of it doesn't sound appealing. That would be Arnold Palmer. Terrific stuff, man was genius :D

Well, I've had ads up for the Cinepro for a couple months now and no interest so you may just end up with it someday.

The meat place is called "Smoke House of the Catskills" I believe.

Walter called me after you left and we talked. I think he's going to give me another shot at getting the thing fixed and I just may get to keep it yet :eek:
This is the stuff of legend. You are drinking a golfer, eating cat meat, and fielding calls from Walter after a visit from Oscar involving a peach pie. :eek:

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well... lost/got my ipod stolen... i'm 99% sure i know who has it... i cant decide whether to change my facebook password or leave it and track whoever is using it...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by Alex2507
I haven't figured out how to use the DEQ2496 or REW.

Awright! I'm not the only idiot here!:eek::D
I figured out how to use it manually. No clue what I did at this point. I just remember to keep turning the knob back to 5 when the squirt changes it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by Alex2507
I haven't figured out how to use the DEQ2496 or REW.

I figured out how to use it manually. No clue what I did at this point. I just remember to keep turning the knob back to 5 when the squirt changes it.
Sounds like a quite messy job if you ask me :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Who else? :D
This is way too easy and you just got back to us so ... I'm gonna give you a pass.

But the rest of us are dying over here :mad:
Oh, I'm dying too but that's from way over eating ... and I did that before showering so I can't just flop out. What a mistake. I'd opt for some bulimia right about now but I don't know that I want to live if I have to puke sober.

I think some dessert might settle my stomach. I'll let y'all know how that works out for me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing like having my kids lose a game 6-0.........again.

Need a little retail therapy to sooth the soul. The woman may kill me, but hopefully I'll get to unbox first :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis