Top 10 Current Speaker Manufacturers in the World!!!

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Where is DPS in all of this?

His input would be interesting.
We usually charge for our time, but have one second here for you since your missing me. :D

We have been very busy listening to our Speakers which are just ONE from the Top 10 Current Speaker Manufacturers in the World!!! :cool:

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Nevermind. I was wrong. :rolleyes: :)
Nothing new I see as you have been Wrong all along, or did you just run out of monies there - just like to JIG Ya. :eek:

You should try "Bass Head" by Bassnectar and see if you have any low hangin (fruit) freqs that are Rattling there. With 1500W per SuperCube here, we had to go outside even at -15dB down from ref. :D :eek:

I want to have a shootout with CsChang now. :D

Last edited:
DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Klipsch don't meet the OP's requirements for +/-2dB FR. Even the $20K Palladium is like +/-4dB from 200Hz-10kHz.
Forget the specs. for awhile -- how do they sound to one?

Heck, I don't have any "Chuffing" bass reflex or ML-TL terminus ports, and they sound Excellent! How do they do that one?

(Hint: look at the KEF Q900).

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Nothing new I see as you have been Wrong all along, or did you just run out of monies there - just like to JIG Ya. :eek:

You should try "Bass Head" by Bassnectar and see if you have any low hangin (fruit) freqs that are Rattling there. With 1500W per SuperCube here, we had to go outside even at -15dB down from ref. :D :eek:

I want to have a shootout with CsChang now. :D
-15db from ref? That's not really hard for most of us with good systems.

Your Supercubes don't play as deep as my Rythmik.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Forget the specs. for awhile -- how do they sound to one?

Heck, I don't have any "Chuffing" bass reflex or ML-TL terminus ports, and they sound Excellent! How do they do that one?

(Hint: look at the KEF Q900).
True. That is a recurring theme. Specs don't tell us everything. The best speakers in the world will sound awesome. Period. We know some speakers that measure well don't sound as great as they measure. Facts of life.

Some speakers that measure +/- 3.5 or +/- 4dB, etc, may sound better than some that measure +/-2dB.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
True. That is a recurring theme. Specs don't tell us everything. The best speakers in the world will sound awesome. Period. We know some speakers that measure well don't sound as great as they measure. Facts of life.

Some speakers that measure +/- 3.5 or +/- 4dB, etc, may sound better than some that measure +/-2dB.
You mean after factoring in the individual's hearing curves, things may get even out in some cases??:D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Originally Posted by PENG View Post
You mean after factoring in the individual's hearing curves, things may get even out in some cases??
Exactly.. hence the subjectivity of speaker preference

For once logic prevails :D

B

bwaslo

Audiophyte
You mean after factoring in the individual's hearing curves, things may get even out in some cases??:D
Heck, even with one person's hearing curves. Measure a speakers response at the listener with nothing around him, then put him in a high-backed chair or put someone next to him. +-2dB? Good luck with that.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Heck, even with one person's hearing curves. Measure a speakers response at the listener with nothing around him, then put him in a high-backed chair or put someone next to him. +-2dB? Good luck with that.
Thats why I have yoga balls as seats!! :p

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic

Exactly, look at the Aperion Verus Grand Towers that we ran here for awhile and totally did NOT like them!

The DT BP7XXXSC series of SuperTowers might not measure well, but they sound Awesome!!

Something about being BiPolar in design we like. :D:eek:

R

ridikas

Banned
I have an update... and not a good one!

So I took a good listen to the following speakers, all driven by mediocre and overpriced junk (Naim and Integra) electronics.

1.) Epos Epic 2 $800pr.
2.) Epos Epic 1 $600pr.
3.) Totem Forest $4500pr.
4.) Paradigm Signature S1
5.) Paradigm Studio 20
6.) Paradigm Studio 10
7.) Paradigm Signature S2
8.) Revel Performa M22

I have no words... The Paradigms were all painful to listen to. Could not bare them for more than a few minutes.

The Revel Performa M22 was also painful, but slightly more bearable than the Paradigms.

Both the Revels and the Paradigms sounded like someone put the entire speaker in a thin sheet metal box.

Now, the Totems sounded terrific! I'm used to my Goldmund Logos1 sound, but these were worthy enough to stand a step below them. The Totem's Seas metal dome tweeter is fantastic! I loved the super rich, crisp, glassy, liquid treble and midrange. And what's more important, they were not fatiguing at all.

The real surprise was the Epos Epic 2 speakers. They completely destroyed both the Revel M22 and all of the Paradigms. At $800pr. they might be the best deal in audio at the moment.

I've looked at measurements for both the Totem Forest and the Epos Epic 2 speakers and they measure a poor +/-4dB, with a not so good off-axis performance.

This is not good, I must investigate further...

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I won't try to prove the effects on audible SQ but between +/- 2 and +/- 3 dB curves I prefer the one that is smoother with less frequent occurrences of sharp ups and downs (of course on the same scale and resolution, no visual tricks) and the one with lower distortions. The Studio 60 V5 has some not so insignificant THD (relative to those of the synchrony & Digm Sig.) according to the Soundstage measurements. That concerned me but they did sound good with Jazz. I wonder if the ill effect of the higher THD would show up more in some classical music.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I have an update... and not a good one!

So I took a good listen to the following speakers, all driven by mediocre and overpriced junk (Naim and Integra) electronics.

1.) Epos Epic 2 $800pr.
2.) Epos Epic 1 $600pr.
3.) Totem Forest $4500pr.
4.) Paradigm Signature S1
5.) Paradigm Studio 20
6.) Paradigm Studio 10
7.) Paradigm Signature S2
8.) Revel Performa M22

I have no words... The Paradigms were all painful to listen to. Could not bare them for more than a few minutes.

The Revel Performa M22 was also painful, but slightly more bearable than the Paradigms.

Both the Revels and the Paradigms sounded like someone put the entire speaker in a thin sheet metal box.

Now, the Totems sounded terrific! I'm used to my Goldmund Logos1 sound, but these were worthy enough to stand a step below them. The Totem's Seas metal dome tweeter is fantastic! I loved the super rich, crisp, glassy, liquid treble and midrange. And what's more important, they were not fatiguing at all.

The real surprise was the Epos Epic 2 speakers. They completely destroyed both the Revel M22 and all of the Paradigms. At $800pr. they might be the best deal in audio at the moment.

I've looked at measurements for both the Totem Forest and the Epos Epic 2 speakers and they measure a poor +/-4dB, with a not so good off-axis performance.

This is not good, I must investigate further...
Where did you buy your Goldmunds? What I mean is that the Logos 1+2 combo comes in a mere 50K. Yes 50 big ones.

R

ridikas

Banned
I don't have the Logos2 subwoofers, just the Logos1 monitors. The Logos1s have a retail price of $15,000pr. I got a good deal, for a demo pair, from a dealer overseas (who shall remain nameless on a public forum) and paid $5100pr. with shipping, bank fees, and customs included. For what the speakers are, it's an incredible deal. I wish I could afford the Logos2 subwoofers.

Goldmund speakers show up on Audiogon at least a couple of times per year. So keep an eye out. If you're interested, PM me and I will help you find a pair.

BTW, a Logos1 and Logos2 set sold on Audiogon two years ago for $10,000 total.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis