billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like you have some nice gear there. Like your set up looks nice and clean.
Thanks...nothing outta the oridinary gear wise but I'm looking to improve upon with some addtional gear for my 2ch setup...:). As for our living room... my wife gives me plenty of leeway there mostly because she and the kids have dibs on the family room.....:D.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay...what brands would you suggest...:p.
Something with the word 'Glide' in it. :D

Btw I have my eye on a Anthem MCA20 on canuck audio mart...I feel its priced to high(750.00) w/o warranty 7 yrs old? If I could knock off some off that price I might risk it..however, I'm just not crazy about buying used.

Advice....?
P-P-P ... PENG !!! - in the tempo of Beethoven's 5th. :)
I think I remember him talking about having an Anthem and he is Canadian and he knows amps. ;)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Something with the word 'Glide' in it. :D

P-P-P ... PENG !!! - in the tempo of Beethoven's 5th. :)
I think I remember him talking about having an Anthem and he is Canadian and he knows amps. ;)
Yeah...he has encouraged me to go for it....the MCA20, of course and not the lube..;)

Received my tracking number this evening speakers arriving via UPS...next Friday...:)

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
he has encouraged me to go for it
If you got the Anthem you would be $250 under budget and about 1/2 way to that Parasound 2100.

I think Doug/StrongBadF1 has used the Sierra 1's and liked them a lot.
Are you going to modify them? :D j/k :p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If you got the Anthem you would be $250 under budget and about 1/2 way to that Parasound 2100.

No Sierra's Here:( I have the 340se's with 170se surrounds. Sholling has had Sierra-1's and upgraded to the NrT version...he has Salks Song Towers also...Sholling sucks!:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Parasound is not readily available in Canada...Not sure which direction I'll go amp wise? As for my Sierra's...they'll be arriving with the NrT upgrade...it's like 300.00 more and I could of saved a bit there and DIY...unlike some I'm not insane enough to open up a brand new pair speaker and bugger them up...:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
UPS tracking, has my Sierra's located in Maumee Ohio at last checkin which was at 8:29 pm and on route for this Friday delivery....woo hoo..can't wait:D.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
There here...

UPS just pulled up...:D

The box is sitting atop my sub...I .didn't have a chance to unpack it after I arrived back from our GTG yesterday...

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looking purdy Bill. What made you decide to go with Black? I know they have some nice veneers.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Looking purdy Bill. What made you decide to go with Black? I know they have some nice veneers.
They were $50.00 cheaper...jk:eek:. All my other speakers are black and the bezel of my panny is too, I'm anal that way. Of course my other choice would have been the dark espresso...listening to some Tool right now just taking it easy but right form the get go these puppies have some serious bass....:D.

Another thing off the top is I have to crank these a bit more from where I usually listened to my Energies and now the Axioms...I just want to crank them...but just gonna wait...:cool:.

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I decided on saving some cash and just bought the Yamaha RS700. The decision going with the Yammy over other equipment I was seeking was easy because we went way over budget on the hot tub project, so less funds were available....besides the RS700 gives me the flexiblity later if I need to add an amp...if I upgrade to the Sierra towers....:D

Here are pic's of the family room set up...I was listening to some Pink Floyd & Fleetwood Mac's Live in Boston dvd's yesterday...:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Looking good :)
I know that corner set up is not ideal, placement is limited in the fam/rm with it being smaller it's much more comfortable & intimate for music. Plans are in the works for building a recreation room in our basement which will also include a HT...this will allow me to use my current HT room(living room ~21x15) and make better use of the Towers if/when I upgrade my 1's.

PS: I see your thinking about those Aperion GVB...and using the RC10's for surrounds...I gave them(Aperion) some serious thought...but I opted for the AA. If you decide on making changes in that area you might want to seek a different direction in sound or make sure your getting a better speaker for the money and with the Aperion return policy...it's a no lose situation.:)

PS: Btw...how was the fishing trip?:D

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
We didn't fish or even venture out on the water at all...we just drank and ate the whole time :)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
We didn't fish or even venture out on the water at all...we just drank and ate the whole time :)
Sheesh... you could have done that back home with the boys...jk:D. Sounds like you guys all had a goodtime....:).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

That's a good looking space, Bill. Hardwoods, contemporary colour scheme and openings in walls make for a nice open feel but with separation. I'm glad it came together like that for you. Who chose the colors? You or the Mrs.?

Oh ... and I'm diggin' the fancy speaker wire too. I don't care if it doesn't sound any better, I like looking at it.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

That's a good looking space, Bill. Hardwoods, contemporary colour scheme and openings in walls make for a nice open feel but with separation. I'm glad it came together like that for you. Who chose the colors? You or the Mrs.?

Oh ... and I'm diggin' the fancy speaker wire too. I don't care if it doesn't sound any better, I like looking at it.
Yeah...Alex, it's all finally coming together for us. We're at a point in our lives where we can afford to do the things we'd like and usually work together with colour schemes...but in the end I'll always have the final say...jk:eek:.

Thanks again...Bill...:)

Ps: The ultralink cables look a whole lot better than those DIY cables I had put together...:eek:.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Sheesh... you could have done that back home with the boys...jk:D. Sounds like you guys all had a goodtime....:).
Well, there were people from all over the place there for that weekend so it wouldn't have worked at home :) Several people from the general area (toronto), some came from other canadian cities that i don't know the names from, a guy from new york city, me from fort worth, girl from houston, guy from broken arrow, oklahoma, etc.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Okay...it's being 6 months time for an upgrade....heh....:D

Only one problem, as I see it...to RAAL or not to RAAL..?

I haven't ordered them yet but have spoken to Dave and I'll likely order them within the next few weeks...another conumdrum I have is cherry or espresso....satin or gloss...some tuff decisions...stay tuned.......:p

Regards, Bill....:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis