Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Have you ever had the pleasure of calling up everybody you're sleeping with to tell them that they all have an STD because of course you have an STD? That's a lot of fun. :eek: :eek:
You mean you send flowers to everybody you sleep with.:confused: Boy, you're quite the romantic....:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Single again.

Oh wait, that's not boring at all....

Maybe she didn't dig the whole "green lantern" deal :)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I have to stay home tomorrow with my boy because he's having a reaction to his antibiotics. Fun times.

On a happier note, ONE LESS DAY UNTIL FRIDAY AT 12:30! Woo-hoo! Winter vacation is in the house!

Recent photos of the noise makers:

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Cute kids but you're interfering with my impure thoughts ... but still ... cute kids. :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Have you ever had the pleasure of calling up everybody you're sleeping with to tell them that they all have an STD because of course you have an STD? That's a lot of fun. :eek: :eek:
Uhm... No....:cool:

So what did the farmer say when you asked to talk to his chickens?:p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I tore apart my entire rack last night and made a big mess. Wife was not happy that she could not work out or watch the news.:(

I'm installing MA rails so I can have all the cool custom face plates.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So what did the farmer say when you asked to talk to his chickens?:p
I made that sound worse than it was. It wasn't like a big list but each phone call was agonizing. One girl was just happy that I wasn't calling to tell her it was aids ... not happy enough to want to see me again but still happy.

I'm installing MA rails so I can have all the cool custom face plates.:D
I racked my brain trying to remember Middle Atlantic. You worded that in such a way to make it sound like their rails are somehow different. I thought they were all the same (as BMX posted) with set dimensions.

I got my hands on like a 6 unit travel case with detachable front and back covers but one of my amps is too long. I only wanted to use it to store an unused amp and EQ but got a bit of an education in the process. I've been watching Craigslist under Musical Instruments but will more than likely just buy rails from a local Guitar Center and make something ... one day.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I racked my brain trying to remember Middle Atlantic. You worded that in such a way to make it sound like their rails are somehow different. I thought they were all the same (as BMX posted) with set dimensions.

I got my hands on like a 6 unit travel case with detachable front and back covers but one of my amps is too long. I only wanted to use it to store an unused amp and EQ but got a bit of an education in the process. I've been watching Craigslist under Musical Instruments but will more than likely just buy rails from a local Guitar Center and make something ... one day.
Sorry I've just only ever worked with Middle Atlantic stuff.:eek: Several companies do make rack parts and their are standards. I bought these and made my rough opening width of 19.125. The height of each piece is rated in "U"s. So my new AV7005 will take up 4U with no feet or 5U with feet. Each U is 1.75". I have the custom plate for my DVR and my amps have ears but still need support due to their weight.

The nice thing about doing this with my cabinet is that it is deep enough and I don't have to worry like I would if I was using one of their other racks like a Slim 5 or MRK. The ***** is each one of the custom shelves with face is around $100 bucks. I need one for my Oppo (there was one on ebay I missed a few months back for $50 still kicking myself).

I took some pics of the carnage but forgot the camera at home. I'll post them tonight.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you made one half of that "half & half, warm rum, you'd feel much better. Maybe no healthier, but feeling better.:D
I had me some NyQuil Cough w/10% alcohol ... 2 shots out of that little plastic shot glass. That's more than I was suppose to take but I haven't slept in a couple of days and I wanted the cough suppressed so I could sleep and I wanted the alcohol so I could sleep. It's the first time in a number of years that I've had any alcohol. I sure could feel it and now even after a nap I feel a little cloudy.

On a related note I have been watching Weeds and feel like I got a contact high from that. There was something about the episode where Snoop Dog starts calling it Milf Weed had me cracking up and actually likin' the rap.

I bought these ... and my amps have ears but still need support due to their weight.
I have trouble with getting around on that site and getting my mind around all the parts and how they go together. Is there a rear rail assembly available for equipment that has ears in the back for support? I don't even know why I am asking because my one amp that is seemingly extra deep and has ears on the back for support is a little noisy and I don't like it for that reason. I'm also curious about what they have for solid shelves and ventilated shelves.

The nice thing about doing this with my cabinet is that it is deep enough ...
Your gear and cable management were already looking good.
I'm sure by the time you get this rack system implemented it will be beyond soogin'.

The b!tch is each one of the custom shelves with face is around $100 bucks.
Sensi did say that the rack becomes like it's own hobby ... he didn't say it was cheap. :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I had me some NyQuil Cough w/10% alcohol ... 2 shots out of that little plastic shot glass. That's more than I was suppose to take but I haven't slept in a couple of days and I wanted the cough suppressed so I could sleep and I wanted the alcohol so I could sleep. It's the first time in a number of years that I've had any alcohol. I sure could feel it and now even after a nap I feel a little cloudy.

On a related note I have been watching Weeds and feel like I got a contact high from that. There was something about the episode where Snoop Dog starts calling it Milf Weed had me cracking up and actually likin' the rap.
Did you get ID'd when you bought the NyQuil? They hide it now in NY because too many high schoolers where getting drunk with it.

Milf weed.:D:D

I have trouble with getting around on that site and getting my mind around all the parts and how they go together. Is there a rear rail assembly available for equipment that has ears in the back for support? I don't even know why I am asking because my one amp that is seemingly extra deep and has ears on the back for support is a little noisy and I don't like it for that reason. I'm also curious about what they have for solid shelves and ventilated shelves.
It has taken a while to figure stuff out and I only really have a handle on the AV rack parts and which models work for me. There are deals to be found for the actual rack it is the accessories that nail you. For most people the SLIM 5 rack is the most cost effective model and does have rear rails for either support or cable management. Usually you don't use the rear rails for support. The shelves only bolt on the front rails and you can get a variety of depths and weight ratings. All of the custom face shelves are vented and have clips that hold the back of the component so it does not move when you are pushing buttons on it. They also have clamping shelves so the gear won't slide around if you are moving it.

Your gear and cable management were already looking good.
I'm sure by the time you get this rack system implemented it will be beyond soogin'.
I think I'm achieving a whole new level of anal retentive cable management.:)

Sensi did say that the rack becomes like it's own hobby ... he didn't say it was cheap. :)
Word.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Warning, not boring stuff ahead!!

I just got my Dune HD Smart, and it's pretty awesome. Full write up to come soon :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Warning, not boring stuff ahead!!

I just got my Dune HD Smart, and it's pretty awesome. Full write up to come soon :D
Even after looking that up and sort of skimming the info I am so completely lost as to exactly what it is that that thing does that I would rather read a review of a hammer or a shoe lace. I think you are safely within the sufficiently boring parameters to post about that thing in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis