Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You should be a philosophy professor.;)
You flatter me ... either that or you haven't mastered the sarcastic smilie? :rolleyes:

I got to have a brief conversation with a very young philosophy professor and was impressed by the way he used language to express and probably form thoughts. You could just tell he had been to the advanced BS class but I find that my willingness to drop the eff bomb makes me sound way f^%&ing smarter than him. :D

EDIT: ... oh, and good morning. :)

Last edited:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey ... you don't know me like that !!! :mad: :D

I feel that the temperature is sufficiently low to best facilitate
me freezing my balls off while I tune up my truck. Off I go ... :(
Its 12 degrees with a -4 windchill here

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey ... you don't know me like that !!! :mad: :D
That comment was directed at my desire to eat some guiness pulled pork. I will have to fire up the crock pot tonight. Yum.

I feel that the temperature is sufficiently low to best facilitate
me freezing my balls off while I tune up my truck. Off I go ... :(
Its 12 degrees with a -4 windchill here
I can understand the weather gripping if you have to work in it. We have been cheated out on the last couple of storms. It is snowing now and I hope it keeps it up. I'm feeling the need for a midweek sanity day at the mountain tomorrow.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You flatter me ... either that or you haven't mastered the sarcastic smilie? :rolleyes:

I got to have a brief conversation with a very young philosophy professor and was impressed by the way he used language to express and probably form thoughts. You could just tell he had been to the advanced BS class but I find that my willingness to drop the eff bomb makes me sound way f^%&ing smarter than him. :D

EDIT: ... oh, and good morning. :)
It was meant in jest, but not in a sarcastic way, hence the ";)".

I once sat in on one of my sister's philosophy classes, and listened to the prof spout his own pile of horse hockey - glad I wasn't paying for it!:eek: It was utter tripe being delivered from the ivory tower My sister, who is quite smart, agreed.

I like to dabble in different academic subjects, but I just don't have the attention span to study them in a formal manner.:eek:

You've always come across to me, as being very eff-ing smart...:rolleyes: (There, does that make you happy?):p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
It was meant in jest, but not in a sarcastic way, hence the ";)".

I once sat in on one of my sister's philosophy classes, and listened to the prof spout his own pile of horse hockey - glad I wasn't paying for it!:eek: It was utter tripe being delivered from the ivory tower My sister, who is quite smart, agreed.

I like to dabble in different academic subjects, but I just don't have the attention span to study them in a formal manner.:eek:

You've always come across to me, as being very eff-ing smart...:rolleyes: (There, does that make you happy?):p
You're not the only one who thinks philosophy is the art of BS. I've never taken a class in it, but I read this and think it's a very good survey. (He and his wife produced the famous Story of Civilization, basically a huge attempt at the history of the world as far as mankind is concerned.) Anyways, it was a nice survey of sorts for the layman.

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Philosophy-Opinions-Greatest-Philosophers/dp/0671739166/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292356475&sr=1-1

I like books for laymen. :D I read most or all of Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About American History but Never Learned, but the only thing I remember right now is that the slang word we use called booze is from a moonshiner (nearly certain it was during the Civil War) named Boozer. :rolleyes::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm moving to Colorado. Kansas just isn't any good for anything except drinking and screwing.
Sounds like a geographical cure for alcoholism and sex addiction but if it gets you out of Kansas, go for it. I figure the country is like a grocery store ... everything you need is on the perimeter. Places like Kansas and Tennessee are where you find Ring Dings and Coco Puffs. Leave tonight. :)

I've been sick for the last few days. My g/f told me that working on the truck out in the cold all day was going to make me get more sick. I told her that the stress of having a broke truck was more damaging to my health than the weather.

I watched both seasons of Doll House in the past few days. Mucho gusto. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll ask how your brake job is going/went and how your carcass is holding up, since you had mentioned you weren't feeling well.
Brake job? Oh, I left that half done like the entertainment center but am driving around like a raped ape. Yesterday I gave it a tune up so that it can go faster with half a$$ed brakes only to realize my clutch slave cylinder wanted to be bled and I pulled the codes on it.

Even though I was strictly forbidden from playing outside today I snuck out, cleaned the connections on my EVP sensor and on my EVR, cleared my DTC's and came back in to bore you out of your freakin' skull.

Currently no codes present during a KOEO test. :)

I'm going to make a nice cup of Mocha Java from freshly ground beans and froth up some heated organic half&half. It seems like I'm good all day long but at night I cough my brains out until I pass out but wake after just a few hours to hork up a lung.

I've got a laundry list of parts to buy for the brakes in case the E-Z Out thing doesn't work. Should the E-Z out trick fail my brake line will be open and I will simply replace everything I have to and turn the drums I suppose. For now I have brakes and am not going to mess with the broken bleeder until I am in a shop environment with all the parts and every tool known to man and have this upper respiratory infection licked.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It seems like I'm good all day long but at night I cough my brains out until I pass out but wake after just a few hours to hork up a lung.

Sounds like you have the same thing I have. But mine acts up whenever I try to make a phone call too. Have you tried that? Give me a call. We'll hack up loogies at each other.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like you have the same thing I have. But mine acts up whenever I try to make a phone call too. Have you tried that? Give me a call. We'll hack up loogies at each other.
Can't imagine why you two would have the same diseases.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can, but he stood me up for our date. My guess is that he knows someone, who knows someone, who knows me.;)
Have you ever had the pleasure of calling up everybody you're sleeping with to tell them that they all have an STD because of course you have an STD? That's a lot of fun. :eek: :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Brake job? Oh, I left that half done like the entertainment center but am driving around like a raped ape. Yesterday I gave it a tune up so that it can go faster with half a$$ed brakes only to realize my clutch slave cylinder wanted to be bled and I pulled the codes on it.

Even though I was strictly forbidden from playing outside today I snuck out, cleaned the connections on my EVP sensor and on my EVR, cleared my DTC's and came back in to bore you out of your freakin' skull.

Currently no codes present during a KOEO test. :)

I'm going to make a nice cup of Mocha Java from freshly ground beans and froth up some heated organic half&half. It seems like I'm good all day long but at night I cough my brains out until I pass out but wake after just a few hours to hork up a lung.

I've got a laundry list of parts to buy for the brakes in case the E-Z Out thing doesn't work. Should the E-Z out trick fail my brake line will be open and I will simply replace everything I have to and turn the drums I suppose. For now I have brakes and am not going to mess with the broken bleeder until I am in a shop environment with all the parts and every tool known to man and have this upper respiratory infection licked.
Glad to hear your truck is back in working order.:rolleyes:

If you made one half of that "half & half, warm rum, you'd feel much better. Maybe no healthier, but feeling better.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis