DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
The bottom line is this:

Each and everyone of us is a victim in this mess, one way or another.

The thing to remember is to voice your opinion respectfully then let it go.

It had happened to and with me a few times previously and then in the end, the other party admitted I was right all along.

Furthermore, for all the people who just emailed me the last couple days asking about my situation re. my best friend Thanh's raffle plus other items, I had clearly stated previously on 2 occasions and it's now in the hand of my attorney so I'd appreciate not to be reminded of how idiotic I had been. :)

Thanks,
Quite true. The again, we have the whole karma thing to look forward to. :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I spoke with audionut last night regarding his impending small claims matter concerning the RSL II. I believe he is owed $6,500. Now, he's got his paperwork and is making plans to go to Colorado when his court date comes up. He is opting to go with Southwest Air which has a pretty customer friendly policy when it comes to situations when you have to switch flight dates. It seems to me he is reasonably covered in the event that there is a postponement of his appearance before the court. I have no doubt that Mark will use postponements for a variety of reasons with the thought that the other party will not show up. You don't show, well you lose and while the matter can probably be brought up again, all this can start to eat at you. $6,500 is a pretty hefty hunk of change and you can afford a couple of trips to Colorado if need be to get that money. But, there are many folks who are owed quite a bit less and that presents a cost benefit evaluation if you've got to travel distances.

While the details are a bit sketchy right now, audionut was informed by the court of something that might just benefit people who are owed less money than he especially if they live out of state. I'm hoping that either he pops back in here to lay out the details or emails them to me. In either case, if he's right, this will open doors for people who thought they were sh!t out of luck.

Dane, from what you've written, one of the things you missed is the extended family that the forum once provided. Family is important and they can see you through difficult times providing hope, advice, and even help. Well there's a family out there of netizens and some members of that family have product or money or both coming to them. Some have given up hope of being fully compensated. Some just don't know what to do. They're in some sort of state of paralysis or confusion. If you know who these people might be, you can reach out to them and suggest they come here. Maybe one of us can help in some way and if audionut's right, I think we'll be able to increase the odds in their favor and not Mark's. Each person who gets justice and tells about it, gives hope to the others. Will you help if possible?

P

PhenomeNhan

Enthusiast
Damnit! I don't like the Fakers, but I hate the Celts! Go Fakers!

M

mhawker

Audioholic
That assumes there really was someone with that name who actually bought product and won the iPad. One thing you can be sure of is that it had to be somebody else besides Schifter who authorized that Memorial Day sale. There's no way Mark himself would run a sale and have a real winner! :D
Some quick searching and I couldn't find a Jon P. The only reference is the one in the announcement of the winner.

Perhaps he wasn't a forum member.

P

PhenomeNhan

Enthusiast
Dane,

Thanks for taking time to respond. Unfortunately, I won't have the time to appropriately respond to your posts. However, I'll add a couple of points to what Gonk and a few others have already stated. Regarding the deletion of posts and threads, AV123 made a heavy stance that they won't ever delete posts or threads. I do understand that sometimes, you have to break that rule, since things will get out of hands from time to time. However, dating all the way back to their forum beginning, they've locked maybe one or two threads before the wheels started falling off.

They had never deleted posts or threads before that. However, deleting posts and threads and banning people without warnings or ever stating what the rules are had become a common heavy-handed tactic in the past year. No 'tough' questions were ever answered, nevermind answered to complete satisfaction.

Even though Mark's stated on almost every occasion that he is responsible for the whatever the problems that existed, there was always a 'but it was mainly someone else' fault, too.' That teflon suit he always wore should at least be a warning sign that should MLS over-promise and under deliver once again, you can bet that someone else will be thrown under the bus. And you can bet that would have been you/your company if you were to enter into any business with him.

I understand missed deadlines and such, but come on - as the head of a company, you've missed every single deadline you've set. How badly does that speak of you as a leader? You have to ask if those deadlines were provided to him, or was it something that he made up to generate interest and cashflow? My money is on the latter. Actually, I will take back that statement, as I will not let my money be anywhere near MLS/AV321 ;)

I have over 7000 posts on that forum - almost twice as many as you did. Had I kept posting in 2009, it would have been twice as many. It was a nice home for me, as well. I have great memories and friends that I've made there. I cherish that, but as Jed mentioned, that was a surreal place conjured up by someone who's done horrible things (trying to avoid name-calling). Chu alluded to people having to leave their country because it is no longer the place that was their home. I can relate to that. I don't feel any anger or resentment toward my countrymen for staying. Many of them had no choice. The situation with forums is totally different. We all have a choice. Being on a forum does not define my life, as it will continue with or without any forum. The friends I've made are still there. I can still send them emails or call them. The forum is only one method of communications. It is not the sole method.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
The best thing about Game 7 tonight is that we won't have to hear those horns that permeate the World Cup games.
I just got an email notice from avyouknowwho about a new tower speaker with special Vuvuzela tweeters. Can't wait...

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
My wife has a vuvuzela tweeter. Been around forever. It works just fine.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I'm not one that usually posts about sporting events or brags when "my" team wins, but since there hasn't been a post about it yet here......

LAKERS!

:D

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
There were quite a few instances when I doubt they'd be able to pull through.

Good game overall.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not one that usually posts about sporting events or brags when "my" team wins, but since there hasn't been a post about it yet here......

LAKERS!

:D
They had a great fourth quarter and deserve congratulations for grinding it out. Wait till next year.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
There were quite a few instances when I doubt they'd be able to pull through.

Good game overall.
They had a great fourth quarter and deserve congratulations for grinding it out. Wait till next year.
It was definitely a grind out game, and nail-biter all the way.

Great game, great series, and great rivalry. I look forward to more.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
One thing's for sure, with all the free agents around and people's contracts being up, the NBA is going to look a lot different next year. Heck, Tom Thibodeau, who was the assistant coach for Boston and is credited with their defense, took the head coach job in Chicago. But now we can all look forward to whether Lamar can keep up with the Kardashians :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis