DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
The person that contacted me stated he did in fact send in a donation of his own to MLS. That was his reason for following up with me to see if we did recive anything when he never heard anything more on the situation. And I did receive an email from Mark stating the items were at his office ready to ship out.
That is just pathetic. :(

S

spl_nut

Enthusiast
and so, WE, the audioholics forum should no longer talk about:

speakers
receivers
acoustic stuff
integrated amps
(basically most electronics)
subwoofers
cables

STFU

oh, here's some for you:

"go back and read what was posted"

"you don't have the intelligence to talk to us"

and

"stop with your inane postings"
I never suggested any of the above. I stated that, to some degree, AH completes with AV123 - That's ALL I said.

And thanks for the "STFU", appreciate it.

S

stevo238

Banned
The person that contacted me stated he did in fact send in a donation of his own to MLS. That was his reason for following up with me to see if we did recive anything when he never heard anything more on the situation. And I did receive an email from Mark stating the items were at his office ready to ship out.
"Ready to ship out". Classic Shifter. Classic Shifterism. Liberally borrowed from Django's better Craigism.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I never suggested any of the above. I stated that, to some degree, AH completes with AV123 - That's ALL I said.

And thanks for the "STFU", appreciate it.
below is what you said.

And the suggestion that AH doesn't compete, at some level, with av123 is nonsense. AH doesn't sell speakers?
doesn't that suggest that because AH sells speakers it's a competitor to AV123? (and therefore this thread is a bashing of a competitor like AV123?)

get your story straight. i'm glad there's an EDIT time limit to posts, otherwise, you'd have changed your tune.

again, STFU

-0-

for one thing, the products on the AH store are more like products from a B&M store, so i would consider them to be an online B&M store rather than ID.

S

spl_nut

Enthusiast
doesn't that suggest that because AH sells speakers it's a competitor to AV123?

Yes, that's why I said it.

(and therefore this thread is a bashing of a competitor like AV123?)

No. I never said it, never suggested it.

get your story straight. i'm glad there's an EDIT time limit to posts, otherwise, you'd have changed your tune.

My story is straight - Your responses are based off assumptions. And no, I don't edit my posts to cover my ***.

again, STFU

Again, thank you!

-0-

for one thing, the products on the AH store are more like products from a B&M store, so i would consider them to be an online B&M store rather than ID.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
(and therefore this thread is a bashing of a competitor like AV123?)

No. I never said it, never suggested it.
then why even mention it? it is obvious you were suggesting it.

and it was a logical assumption (if we follow your logic) that AH is a competitor to everybody else (electronics/acoustics/subwoofers/etc)

so you are saying that you said it just because. i see. that's why you need to STFU.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
that's why you need to STFU.
Mike C: you're a moderator, man. Show at least some restraint. That was not cool or respectful at all......just MHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike C: you're a moderator, man. Show at least some restraint. That was not cool or respectful at all......just MHO.
sure, the words are harsh. i apologize to everybody else but this troll.

note: i am physically thousands of miles away from the AH staff and store and forum ... so i have no interests here. i just don't like seeing "inane" posts.
(or should that have been "asinine", i don't know, but i now feel holier than everyone because i use these big words)

now back OT.

majorloser

majorloser

I don't know, I liked it. :D

Mike is the forum's pitbull. He might take a dump on your carpet, but he does a great job taking bites out of the riff raff.

S

stevo238

Banned
With regard to Mark Shifter's ethical and moral lapses, his continuing woes, and the pile on mentality here, there, and everywhere, I think Eddie in National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" said it best; "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving."(the whole year) And so it goes with Shifter. To be continued...............................

Now, if I could only think of a good Craigism.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think MLS is pretty good with (self) promotion and speakers. Accounting and accountability are not his thing. A guy can't be good at everything:eek:.

I get the feeling he just put all the money in the same account marked " MLS discretionary spending". And the money went to wherever he felt he had to send it.

On the subject of ethics and morality, it is interesting to me that when a stranger does something illegal we easily label him a criminal. When it is someone we know and like who does the same thing, we easily excuse it saying "it's because of these circumstances" or "but he just needs time to redress" and "people are just so critical"... :rolleyes:
Sure. Now I've got a question. Where do we go from here?

According to MLS's writings on his website, he's got several containers of something sitting out back. The MFW-15 amp thing seems to have been taken care of. A few people have redeemed some store credit for product. So there's some cash being generated.

The most troubling issues, in no particular order are...

Refunds owed
Product paid for and no product
Store credits and coupons
The two (three if you count Hugh's friend who died) raffles (Fabrikant & Derek's situation) that MLS admits have been insufficiently compensated.

Now, I'll tell you what I'm doing. I'm making efforts to check if some of the other raffles and fund raisers that I posted earlier can comment if there were any donations made to them and in what amount. At present my efforts are emails and while I haven't received a reply yet, it's only been a few days. I have no idea whether my requests are going to be answered or if they are their going to go the route of we keep the identity of our donors private. Maybe this is an issue for the filings of Freedom of Information Act. I just don't know right now.

Now if someone out there wants to pick out one of the recipients (I think they're on page 73 of this thread) and do some legwork, I think that'd be great. You see, I just can't help but thinking those 3 raffles are just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe I'm wrong. Otherwise, while we can all use our favorite adjectives in describing the workings of AV123, we're not going to accomplish a lot or all that can be accomplished.

If someone has some thoughts on approaches, let's hear about them.

A

andy_c

Audioholic
Now, I'll tell you what I'm doing. I'm making efforts to check if some of the other raffles and fund raisers that I posted earlier can comment if there were any donations made to them and in what amount.
Has anyone with access to reliable information investigated any of these raffles and found that the stated recipients actually received all the funds that Schifter collected on their behalf, without Schifter having been found out first? Or, stated another way, is there a single AV123 charity "recipient" that has verifiably not been ripped off?

Last edited:
B

BWG707

Audioholic
Has anyone with access to reliable information investigated any of these raffles and found that the stated recipients actually received all the funds that Schifter collected on their behalf, without Schifter having been found out first? Or, stated another way, is there a single AV123 charity "recipient" that has verifiably not been ripped off?
Isn't there some type of agency that does audits for charitable donations. Also I was wondering about the tax issues involved with these raffles. Couldn't tax records be scrutinized, if not for him (MLS) personally but at least his business? I'm still very surprised that legal charges have not been filed. If I was directly effected and had monetary losses I'd definitely be talking to lawyers. But that's just the way I am. I'm interested in how this all plays out.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think so. His business is a private one and not publically traded. Even then, if there were sections that dealt with contributions, it'd be unlikely they'd be itemized.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
It was brought to my attention that there is at least one raffle on the list that is legitimate. It is one that benefited a charity tennis tournament for low cost breast cancer mammograms at Santa Monica/UCLA Medical Center that I participated in. When I got word that Sloan/Kettering did not receive proceeds from a raffle, I investigated the this one thoroughly.

That particular raffle was hosted by Craig, and from the thread, and UCLA received a check from him for all the tickets sold.

It is raffle "J" on the list.

Last edited:
H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Can someone please point to the post where the raffles list is posted?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis