DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevo238

Banned
His charm is so infectious, mosquitoes carrying the Nile flu stay away. He once gave an accurate shipping date just to see what it felt like. Everytime he travels, migratory birds follow him. He is the most interesting man in the world.

"I don't always donate to charities, but when I do, they have my bank account number on them" Stay thirsty my friends.
Boy that is really good stuff. Hilarious!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
3 posts above the one you quote MLS writes:
Incredible News Mac...

I never did what you asked - because I knew better - and I understand the wonderful power of prayer...
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the charity money is mine to keep.
If the Feds come before I wake.
I pray the Lord someone else they'll take.

This has turned into a great day with delivery dates for items in hand - my buddy Jim here from LA - and other news that's more private...
They found his Pos-T-Vac.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the charity money is mine to keep.
If the Feds come before I wake.
I pray the Lord someone else they'll take.

They found his Pos-T-Vac.
You definitely should have been a stand-up. Just hilarious.

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
In seems they got screwed with their x-series line up in Colombia. Whoever was doing the cost of goods projections down there intentionally understated (lied about)the cost to get MLS too invest in the manufacture. That's what purportedly started the whole mess...
I think I remember this. Something like the x-ls was actually costing them more then they were selling them for.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, but wasn't it a few months later they were selling them for even less?

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Let's keep the posts relative to the issues at hand.
WAT? Penis pumps are entirely relevant.

MLS launched his new Rocket promo. Which I think is the same as his old Rocket promo. I almost bought an 850/1000 based system 2 or 3 years ago. What I have now is better, I'm almost entirely positive, but... I've heard 850s and based of that what I have is definitely better but unless you hear them in your own listening space you never really know for sure. Just pricewise there's no way they could be better, IMO. But you can probably use the same argument for cables with a palladium sheath and gallium core, so, uh...

I wonder how 850s compare with Emotivas new tower. The 8.3 is a speaker I'd like to get my hands on, but I fear it'd be very much a side-grade. I searched around for info about it and the primary thing that came up was a bunch of Polkphiles talking crap about it's appearance, which personally I actually like.

The other thing I wonder when I look at av123 products is how much you're really paying for the veneers and how much that detracts from the cost of the drivers and crossover components the speakers contain.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Good or bad, the one thing the majority of Rockets have had is the same drivers since they first came to market. Only changes that have ever been made to my knowledge have been bigger/more drivers, smaller/less drivers, and crossover changes.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Good or bad, the one thing the majority of Rockets have had is the same drivers since they first came to market. Only changes that have ever been made to my knowledge have been bigger/more drivers, smaller/less drivers, and crossover changes.
Which isn't necessarily that good of a thing, I think I disagree with plain aluminum drivers from a physical properties POV.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I think part of the answer to that is how financially viable are they now and in the near future.
Cash flow is always better when you don't pay your debts but benefit from the influx of cash.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
WAT? Penis pumps are entirely relevant.

MLS launched his new Rocket promo. Which I think is the same as his old Rocket promo. I almost bought an 850/1000 based system 2 or 3 years ago. What I have now is better, I'm almost entirely positive, but... I've heard 850s and based of that what I have is definitely better but unless you hear them in your own listening space you never really know for sure. Just pricewise there's no way they could be better, IMO. But you can probably use the same argument for cables with a palladium sheath and gallium core, so, uh...

I wonder how 850s compare with Emotivas new tower. The 8.3 is a speaker I'd like to get my hands on, but I fear it'd be very much a side-grade. I searched around for info about it and the primary thing that came up was a bunch of Polkphiles talking crap about it's appearance, which personally I actually like.

The other thing I wonder when I look at av123 products is how much you're really paying for the veneers and how much that detracts from the cost of the drivers and crossover components the speakers contain.
Hey Nick,
Just curious. What speakers do you have?

Soundman

Soundman

Those changes can make a significant difference. There's more to speaker design then the drivers. Sure the drivers make a difference, of course, but the cabinet, crossover network, even how well it is insulated, all working together can have a big impact on what you hear. I can tell you that the Signature is a step up from the original Rockets. And the Ninja Master upgrade is another upgrade from the Signature that increases performance quite a bit.

Soundman

Soundman

This is a good question, Nick. I can assure you though that as far as components go they are as good as other products in the same price class. Whether they are better then another brand is up to the consumer to decide since we all prefer different types of sound. But I think what you're really asking is if they are skimping on components. I doubt it. I purchased mine a few years ago before all the...uh, you know what hit the fan. I know at the time, the internal quality was very good. If you do a search, you can find reviews that Audioholics has done on the Rockets and they performed quite well in their listening environment. I'm not trying to put a plug in for the company because I am not recommending their products because of other issues, but it certainly isn't because of the products themselves. At least not the ones I've personally been able to inspect and listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis