DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, I don't want the speakers anymore. I gave up on getting those about four months ago, and at that point I told them I'd just like my money back.
So closure to this situation with you is a full refund and not delivery of product? Correct?

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
So closure to this situation with you is a full refund and not delivery of product? Correct?
At this point, I would be ecstatic with that outcome. Heck, I'd have been happy with that months ago.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
THE Knockout King
Weekly eBlast Specials 06/26/2009

...As some of you know Hugh, a great customer from sunny California, was here last week – and after I played my x-theater (as below) he immediately did two things… He told me how this blew away his Rocket RS1K-based system – and he immediately ordered two more MFW-15’s in Rosewood…I was happy… so Hugh, this one’s for you… BTW, our MoNS (Moho Natural Satin) finish is truly amazing – and I’m sure everyone will love it… I just bought too many…

What is this suppose to mean anyway? I have a Rocket system and they are very good speakers. I don't understand how you can be the CEO of a company and put down one of your own products. That's what this sounds like to me and it's pretty insulting for someone like me who's always been a good customer of theirs. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

septim

Audioholic
What is this suppose to mean anyway? I have a Rocket system and they are very good speakers. I don't understand how you can be the CEO of a company and put down one of your own products. That's what this sounds like to me and it's pretty insulting for someone like me who's always been a good customer of theirs. :rolleyes:
I know. Now that he no longer sells them he doesn't care. What he didn't mention is this guy probably has an RSC200 center and RS450 surrounds, but he still sells those.

This dude is so shameless it's almost comical.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
What changed your mind? :rolleyes:
Well, I have been a happy customer...still love the product and I still think I got a good deal. However, with all the stories going around I just don't want to be associated with suggesting somebody spend their hard earned cash on a shady cat like MLS.

Joeteck

Joeteck

Audioholic
I think that he can not fulfill his obligations as a business owner. It would seem that specialty speakers are not done in a timely fashion and his orders for basic speakers are fulfilled first, as they are probably easier to build. With everything so well documented, I'm surprised no one has sued him for non-delivery of product in a timely matter. Heck, looks like a class action at this point, since so many parties are involved. Heck, who know who else is getting screwed? We only know of a few from this site, could be much much more.....

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Am I the only one who finds calling the finish, MoNS (Moho Natural Satin), amusing as it's also a term related to female genitalia?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Am I the only one who finds calling the finish, MoNS (Moho Natural Satin), amusing as it's also a term related to female genitalia?
Are you serious? Is this High End or a Street speaker with an attitude? ;)

T

teaman2004

Audiophyte
Hello,

My name is Grant and I would like to do all that is within my power to discourage you from buying from AV123.

AV123 carries tons of fake shXt. :mad:You deserve a THANK!!

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Hello,

My name is Grant and I would like to do all that is within my power to discourage you from buying from AV123.

AV123 carries tons of fake shXt. :mad:You deserve a THANK!!
Fake? Have you ever heard any of their products? Alot of those fake speakers have been very well reviewed.

The company has some major issues...but to deny how well some of their product have done shows you just want to add to the bashing...

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
Fake? Have you ever heard any of their products? Alot of those fake speakers have been very well reviewed.

The company has some major issues...but to deny how well some of their product have done shows you just want to add to the bashing...
Is this thread even still necessary?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Isn't it interesting that the one that wasn't so well reviewed (UltimateAV) was the one that was 'accidently' sent from the regular production line that goes to consumers? Further, just how hard it is to get a positive review on even outright junk? A good enough positive review means you can use that review in your adverstising and marketing for a fee. There's enough review mills out there that would give a positive review for an audiophile fuse if it meant there was money in it.

This reminds me of people who go back to their old hometown, hit up a bar, and find people they used to go to school with talking about the good old days. You don't rest on your laurels or use them as an excuse. You build. Evolve. Get better. That foundation isn't anywhere near as solid as you might think.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
This reminds me of people who go back to their old hometown, hit up a bar, and find people they used to go to school with talking about the good old days. You don't rest on your laurels or use them as an excuse. You build. Evolve. Get better. That foundation isn't anywhere near as solid as you might think.
That foundation is rock solid. Take a look at my sig and you see I am a former AV123 guy. I admit, I wouldn't buy from them today, but the gear I currently have of theirs is outstanding and was one heck of a value before they screwed up their business model. I hate being in the position where I can't recommend them because I know the product deserves better. The name AV123 and their CEO are being dragged through the mud...not Rockets.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
That foundation is rock solid. Take a look at my sig and you see I am a former AV123 guy. I admit, I wouldn't buy from them today, but the gear I currently have of theirs is outstanding and was one heck of a value before they screwed up their business model. I hate being in the position where I can't recommend them because I know the product deserves better. The name AV123 and their CEO are being dragged through the mud...not Rockets.
I have to agree with you there, Buddy. They have made and I still believe are making some fantastic products, especially for the money. I do believe some people have jumped on the AV123 bashing bandwagon lately. I think it is sad, some of the stories I have read about. But this is mainly a customer service issue. I do believe it is possible for them to turn things around. I think it is sad because in the past, they were always known for their great customer service. They were also well regarded b/c their designers were well known in the industry for making high end speakers for other companies and when I say high end, I'm talking $100,000 speakers. It is this experience that helped them create the AV123 products, but at a more reasonable price that average people can afford.
Personally, I can speak through experience and have never had a problem. Top notch quality. That being said, I can't in good faith recommend them right now until I find out what is going on over there.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is this thread even still necessary?

The answer is obvious.

cmryan821 said:
Nah, still nothing. MLS just sent me an email this weekend(after 2 months of not responding to my emails) and he says it will be taken care of before the month is over. Let's just say I'm a little skeptical. This Saturday will make it 10 months since I originally paid him.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
I've had a variety or av123 gear (x series; Rockets; Reference line). All of it is gone, except for a ulw-10 sub. All of it was very good, imo, and was a great value. That being said, I would not consider buying anything new from them today. I have no clue if the products are being made using same quality parts as they once were, or if any corners are being cut anywhere in the process. What I do know is that av123 has acted in a presposterous fashion in regard to many things. I would not put anything past them at this point.

I still recommend their stuff on the used market. In many cases it has become a super value as the prices of new speakers have been cut and cut some more, then reduced even further for a really big sale.

If I were buying used I'd want some x series classics or early encores with cloth grilles, or Rockets that are out of production. That stuff seems like the safest best I guess.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Isn't it interesting that the one that wasn't so well reviewed (UltimateAV) was the one that was 'accidently' sent from the regular production line that goes to consumers? Further, just how hard it is to get a positive review on even outright junk? A good enough positive review means you can use that review in your adverstising and marketing for a fee. There's enough review mills out there that would give a positive review for an audiophile fuse if it meant there was money in it.
I'm not talking about "professional" or magazine reviews alone. There are quite a few out there who have had good things to say about some of av123's products...whether they be DIY individuals who have made much better on their own, or just everyday folks who found good value in an av123 product compared to other well regarded products.

That said, I understand your point. I'm simply saying it's a little extreme to write off all of their products as fake junk because of the company's problems....it begs the question, has the individual actually heard any of the products? Then again...I'm sure there are many out their who have given them a shot and still think they're crap. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I'm not hanging on to any "glory" days of av123, and I'm certainly not using their past accomplishments as an excuse for the things going on now. I'm simply giving some credit where I felt it was due...

As an aside - You're analogy about the hometown bar and old acquaintances is funny to me... Only because I've encountered those kind of people...in my hometown. Needless to say...I'm not one of them...

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They've never had anything resembling a QC/QA program. They still don't. Current replacement amps for the MFW aren't the same size as the ones they replace so you can be pretty much assured that you'll be able to turn an A stock subwoofer into a B stock one as you try and fit it in. Further, with some amps that have recently shipped, there's an issue with a connector that needs to be removed and reinserted 180 degrees in order for the amp to work. At one time SVS contracted with AV123 to have them produce cabinetry. QC issues ended that quietly. Other companies have also investigated AV123's ability to produce cabinetry to spec and have rejected them. Prior investors have long since cashed out. Those that recently invested monies have lost it all. I will politely disagree with those that feel the company is founded on rock solid principles.

As to their employing designers having made speakers costing upwards of $100,000, just who is in that stable of designers? Names and speakers please.

Now I'm not writing off their lines as fake as I didn't take the phrase that someone else used it it's most literal sense. I simply took it as meaning shoddy or wanting in various areas. My attempt as a person in his 50's to translate current venacular ;) Word up!

Whatever AV123 once was and could've been isn't what it is now. It has become a model of how not to run a company. A case study. With the bombardment of specials, deep discounts, only available for a short time, better hurry this won't last long, it strongly reminds me of the electronic stores that litter NYC. Such a deal! I'm verklempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis