DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
That's him putting out a " Let's See How Many Suckers Are Left " feeler.

Takes Brass Boules and a complete disregard for your past victims and future potential so-called customers ...to come out with that one. After all that has occured.

Unbelievable.
No doubt. An extra thousand dollars tacked on to the price plus you have to prepay $2500 to a company that has been putting people through the wringer on prepays for the last 2 years? It sounds like a bad joke.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Wow is all I can say. You know he is hurting the rest of the legitimate vendor's. Taking money from a charity raffle is disgusting.
I would argue AV123 business practices hurt consumers more than anything . The beauty of perfect competition/competitive markets is in the long run these types of companies do not remain profitable and weed themselves out and hopefully innovative companies emerge

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Actually, I would say that AV123 is helping the other venodors in two ways:

1. If everybody in the industry had top level service, it would be seen as no big deal. AV123 is single handedly making the case for doing business with companies with top notch service and support and is showing, in stark relief, how good that competing service is.

2. All those people who were going to buy something from AV123 are now buying their speakers from the competition.

One companies half empty glass is another's half full glass...

S

septim

Audioholic
Anyways today I thought I would email and ask them to ship the speakers they did actually have in stock as I'm tired of waiting.

Guess what I got in my inbox later that day.

Dear Mr. ...:

We have received your email and are looking into your request now. We are researching the whereabouts of the B stk RS450 and can therefore not ship your order today nor properly answer this email until we have performed some research. My apologies for the delay. We will have a detailed response to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Kindest regards,

WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
so glad I saw this thread last week. Truly, I nearly bought into his elt package set. I hesitated and am glad I did.

Sounds like a truly shitty company.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Anyways today I thought I would email and ask them to ship the speakers they did actually have in stock as I'm tired of waiting.

Guess what I got in my inbox later that day.

Dear Mr. ...:

We have received your email and are looking into your request now. We are researching the whereabouts of the B stk RS450 and can therefore not ship your order today nor properly answer this email until we have performed some research. My apologies for the delay. We will have a detailed response to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Kindest regards,

WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Why wouldn't you just cancel your order and save yourself the aggravation and support a company that truely deserves your hard earned money. This hobby is not supposed to be stressful. :mad:

F

fredk

Audioholic General
WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Since you didn't prepay, cancel the order and move on. There are plenty of other good speaker companies out there that can deliver you speakers in a reasonable amount of time. There is no need for you to be put out like this.

J

jephdood

Junior Audioholic
1. If everybody in the industry had top level service, it would be seen as no big deal. AV123 is single handedly making the case for doing business with companies with top notch service and support and is showing, in stark relief, how good that competing service is.
That's the thing though. They USED to be known for their service. For whatever reason, they've taken a HUGE fall.

I'd say buying AV123 gear right now is akin to buying GM stock in Sept '08 @ $13/shr. It used to be A LOT more appealing. And yeah, it might head back up to where it once was... but most likely NO.

S

septim

Audioholic
Since you didn't prepay, cancel the order and move on. There are plenty of other good speaker companies out there that can deliver you speakers in a reasonable amount of time. There is no need for you to be put out like this.
Well considering the RS850s outperformed Paradigm Studio 100s and tied with Salk Song Towers by a blind test, I would say there are other options but not at the same price/performance level.

Anyways I ended up getting a like new pair from a guy who worked at AV123 (I guess they paid him in speakers :confused:) for an even better price.

So I guess I'll be getting AV123 speakers in spite of AV123's best efforts otherwise.

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
septim said:
Anyways I ended up getting a like new pair from a guy who worked at AV123 (I guess they paid him in speakers ) for an even better price.
Payment in product and not cash…for the sake of those waiting on products/refunds I hope your guess isn’t correct.

septim said:
Well considering the RS850s outperformed Paradigm Studio 100s and tied with Salk Song Towers by a blind test, I would say there are other options but not at the same price/performance level.
Who ran that blind test? I’d like to read about it.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
I'm glad you finally got your speakers Septim even if it was through the back door.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm glad you finally got your speakers Septim even if it was through the back door.
I don't know. Look at his wording. :rolleyes: Have you received any AV123 speakers yet, septim?

So I guess I'll be getting AV123 speakers in spite of AV123's best efforts otherwise.
I'm really worried about you, mate.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
I'm really worried about you, mate.
Why? He's completely obsessed. He fits right in here. ;)

Anyways I ended up getting a like new pair from a guy...
Past tense.

Future tense.

Averaging out... Check your front door Septim

S

septim

Audioholic
Yeah so am I. I don't have them yet but I have tracking numbers :). Next week should be a happy one.

S

septim

Audioholic
Oh yeah and the guy no longer works for AV123 so I'm happy to say that none of my money directly funded this company.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Did any of you get this..... now throwing in a FREE MFW-15
When will this stupidity end :eek:

Whenever something is too good to be true, blah blah blah.....

THE Knockout King
Weekly eBlast Specials 06/26/2009

DELIVERING THE KNOCK OUT PUNCH

The Gloves are on – and I’m going to deliver two systems that EVERYONE will be talking about.
x-statik MoNS
The Team has been asking me to do more “stock balancing” than ever… We have way too many of some finishes – and too few of others. I’m using this as my “excuse” to put the gloves back on and deliver an overhand right to prices.

As some of you know Hugh, a great customer from sunny California, was here last week – and after I played my x-theater (as below) he immediately did two things… He told me how this blew away his Rocket RS1K-based system – and he immediately ordered two more MFW-15’s in Rosewood…I was happy… so Hugh, this one’s for you… BTW, our MoNS (Moho Natural Satin) finish is truly amazing – and I’m sure everyone will love it… I just bought too many…

Here’s System One

One Pair x-statik MoNS
One Pair x-omni MoNS
One x-voce MoNS Center

ALL for $1999 and I’ll toss in a FREE MFW-15 (also in MoNS)…

Fine print below…
If you want JUST the x-statik system – you can have this @ $1599
x-statik system freight is $199 delivered to a YRC Freight Terminal (Lower 48 States)
MFW-15 freight is $50 dollars… (how about that)…

Now then – my killer Theatre of The Mind (better known as System Two) is this. I guarantee that this system will knock you off your feet time and time again… I love it… and in our European Cherry – it’s truly a picture of elegance…

2 pairs of x-omni’s & a single x-cs for Center Channel duties

ALL for $999 and I’ll toss in a $100 dollar coupon towards ANY MFW-15 (regardless of finish)

Fine Print Below…
We’ll give you our super special $99 dollar price for freight charge on your MFW-15
The 2 pairs of x-omni’s and the single x-cs will be just $99 dollars (via UPS)

These systems deliver the goods in a real and very visceral way. I challenge our competitors to deliver anything close at anywhere near the value that these represent.

System One delivers the goods at over 33% off our normal
(already fantastic) prices… WOW!

System Two is more of the same… over 25% off – plus that
extra $100 dollar savings on the subwoofer of your dreams!

Let’s face it… these are hard to beat – and just what the doctor ordered for more of our “Staycation Medicine”. Let av123 deliver the goods in a timely and predictable manner. ALL of these goods are in stock today (subs delivered in less than 2 weeks time with our new amps locked and loaded in place).

It’s all up to you… System One has 10 systems at the ready – and System Two has 12… Please move quickly… if history is to be our guide, these will be gone in 72 hours…

Delivering all we can ---- for you!

Enjoy…

Wishing you all the very best.

Mark L. Schifter – President – av123​

Last edited by a moderator:
S

septim

Audioholic
I love that he basically says the RS1K sucks. He doesn't care anymore as they no longer sell em.

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
I'm not sure why he calls it a free MFW-15, since you can still get the package for $1599 without the sub. Technically it'd be a $400 MFW-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis