DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I'm not sure why he calls it a free MFW-15, since you can still get the package for $1599 without the sub. Technically it'd be a $400 MFW-15.
lol, there you go, allowing reason to enter into the process. I was actually going to post about this same sale. Seems like a pretty good deal, but personally I'd have reservations about three things:

1. Open baffle speakers in general
2. How good a speaker can be that, AFAIK, shares the same drivers as the formerly 75 dollar or so each X-LS (and this is coming from someone that until recently owned 5 X-LS)
3. The company in general

And I got the first one of these emails 4 days ago according to gmail, and the second 5 hours ago. So I guess history was an incorrect guide when it came to the deal being gone in 72 hours.

Last edited:
A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
lol, there you go, allowing reason to enter into the process. I was actually going to post about this same sale. Seems like a pretty good deal, but personally I'd have reservations about three things:

1. Open baffle speakers in general
2. How good a speaker can be that, AFAIK, shares the same drivers as the formerly 75 dollar or so each X-LS (and this is coming from someone that until recently owned 5 X-LS)
3. The company in general

And I got the first one of these emails 4 days ago according to gmail, and the second 5 hours ago. So I guess history was an incorrect guide when it came to the deal being gone in 72 hours.

I honestly think MSL announces deals ending quickly to get more people to buy right away...because they deals *almost* always last longer than the original specificied time period.

I called yesterday about the ELT525M deal, which I was originally told would end at the end of June - it seemed to me from the phone call yesterday that it isn't ending any time soon, but I can't say for sure, as I didn't ask for an exact date.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The gloves are on? I thought the expression was, "The gloves are off."
:confused::confused:

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Did any of you get this..... now throwing in a FREE MFW-15
When will this stupidity end :eek:
I have to admit, the marketing gets cheesier and more gimmicky the more that people voice their dissatisfaction with the company. It's as if all the complaints are just brushed aside and there is this huge effort to paint some happy-go-lucky picture.

That said, I can't deny that I have really enjoyed some of their products (others not as much), and if they could be a reliable NO BS company, they wouldn't be losing so many customers. They do make some good speakers, although with all of the electronics/amp problems I won't go near one of their subs anytime soon.

I think a back to basics approach should have been taken some time back...but it doesn't appear that happened - still special sales, still hyped up ads, still delays for people on the rocket/mfw/LS front (from what I have seen at least).

S

septim

Audioholic
I almost feel kind of sorry for them. These constant sales seem so desperate almost like they are begging you to buy something.

They have good products at good prices but are completely incompetent in terms of customer service. I was in shock when I called them yesterday to ask about my "missing" speakers. They basically said they couldn't find them, I couldn't believe they had the balls to say that to a customer. As if two tower speakers could mysteriously vanish.

I know that they sold them out from under me, but I was actually relieved that I would not have to do any business with them. It was a nice feeling walking away from their constant cycle of bullshit.

I was a dumbass who didn't believe how bad this company was. I deserved having my time wasted because I should have (and did) know better. Don't be like me, and if you do want to order, don't pay upfront.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I sense desperation more than anything else when I read those sales pitches. It is kind of sad actually. It reminds me of those cheesy pitch lines from infomercials.

"But wait!", "But wait there's more!" :D

S

septim

Audioholic
I sense desperation more than anything else when I read those sales pitches. It is kind of sad actually. It reminds me of those cheesy pitch lines from infomercials.

"But wait!", "But wait there's more!" :D
Order in the next ten minutes and we'll throw in three bonus MFW-15s*!!!

*You may or may not actually receive your order

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
I almost feel kind of sorry for them. These constant sales seem so desperate almost like they are begging you to buy something.

They have good products at good prices but are completely incompetent in terms of customer service. I was in shock when I called them yesterday to ask about my "missing" speakers. They basically said they couldn't find them, I couldn't believe they had the balls to say that to a customer. As if two tower speakers could mysteriously vanish.

I know that they sold them out from under me, but I was actually relieved that I would not have to do any business with them. It was a nice feeling walking away from their constant cycle of bullshit.

I was a dumbass who didn't believe how bad this company was. I deserved having my time wasted because I should have (and did) know better. Don't be like me, and if you do want to order, don't pay upfront.
Personally, I've had positive experiences with their customer service - Kyle and Mark J have always been helpful. I've had a couple issues along the way, but everything was taken care of.

That said, many others haven't had such good experiences, so there are obviously inconsistencies, and who knows who is to blame.

Shame to hear about your speakers being sold out from under you.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I hated to do it...but I had to steer business away from AV123. Too many issues with their company lately. I hope they can pull out of it...but intill they can regain some consumer trust I can't, in good faith, direct people I know to consider these great products. Dang.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I hated to do it...but I had to steer business away from AV123. Too many issues with their company lately. I hope they can pull out of it...but intill they can regain some consumer trust I can't, in good faith, direct people I know to consider these great products. Dang.

What changed your mind? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I am still interested if the original topic (OP's friend problem) of this thread has been resolved yet. Its been months now and I don't recall any closure. :confused:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Septim...did I miss it? Did you ever get your speakers from Mr. ExAV123? [Fingers crossed for you.]

S

septim

Audioholic
Septim...did I miss it? Did you ever get your speakers from Mr. ExAV123? [Fingers crossed for you.]
Thanks I appreciate your concern. I did get the speakers very promptly from him (obviously his good business sense wouldn't have fit in at AV123, not surprised he's gone) and I've been enjoying them for a week now. :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks I appreciate your concern. I did get the speakers very promptly from him (obviously his good business sense wouldn't have fit in at AV123, not surprised he's gone) and I've been enjoying them for a week now. :)
Good for you, mate. Finally! Enjoy.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
What changed your mind? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I am still interested if the original topic (OP's friend problem) of this thread has been resolved yet. Its been months now and I don't recall any closure. :confused:
Nah, still nothing. MLS just sent me an email this weekend(after 2 months of not responding to my emails) and he says it will be taken care of before the month is over. Let's just say I'm a little skeptical. This Saturday will make it 10 months since I originally paid him.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Nah, still nothing. MLS just sent me an email this weekend(after 2 months of not responding to my emails) and he says it will be taken care of before the month is over. Let's just say I'm a little skeptical. This Saturday will make it 10 months since I originally paid him.
I think I just threw up in my mouth :eek:, that is appalling. Wow! :mad:

Thanks for keeping us updated and I do hope you get the product that you have ALREADY PAID FOR. Mind boggling :( .

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
I think I just threw up in my mouth :eek:, that is appalling. Wow! :mad:

Thanks for keeping us updated and I do hope you get the product that you have ALREADY PAID FOR. Mind boggling :( .
Oh, I don't want the speakers anymore. I gave up on getting those about four months ago, and at that point I told them I'd just like my money back.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
That's absolutely ridiculous. What the hell kind of reassurance would anyone get from "before the month is over" at this point.

Sorry to hear that this is still nowhere near resolved.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
That's absolutely ridiculous. What the hell kind of reassurance would anyone get from "before the month is over" at this point.

Sorry to hear that this is still nowhere near resolved.
He did mention something else that I'd rather not air out in public, and if it is true then he should be able to take care of my situation and a few others that have been lingering around for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis