Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's crazy. I always preferred the US version over the Paris version, but then again, I never played a MarkVI. I had lots of horns over the years. I just went hunting for a A880 and I could probably pick one up for about 1k, but to get a decent condition one it looks more like 1.4k-1.5k. I did find one that used to be Moe Koffman's old sax. It'd be kind of weird playing a dead jazz hall-of-famer's sax though. :eek:
The last I heard about my old curved soprano, it was owned by this guy.
http://65.55.14.126/music/artist-credits/ray-manzerolle/

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you ever farted so bad that the smell is captured in the cushion of your chair for hours?
When I was a security guard in this high rise the chair at the security/reception console was inhabited by this rather large woman all day long. At night there would be two guards on and since we never did any of our patrols we would hang out taking turns sitting in this chair. I noticed that every so often something would smell a little like $h!t. I finally became suspicious of the chair and gave it a whiff ... bad mistake. :(

$h!t wasn't the only thing it smelled like. :eek::eek::eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Gosh darn it. This is the second time that I've ever forgotten to check my Amazon Vine membership when new items come out at noon on the third Thursday of the month (it's a program where they offer free stuff to people who need to review the items).

There are a limited number of each item, and there's normally about five to eight things to choose from. When I have checked right away, it's normally stuff that's worth about $2. I've gotten single 8oz cans of juice (yeaa!), crappy energy bars, and similar stuff. Never anything worth much at all. Except when I forget. Uggg. In December, I forgot to check, and they offered a $250 convection toaster oven. Needless to say, that was gone by the time that I checked three hours later. Today, there was a $160 single-serve coffee maker that came with (I'm guessing) about $20-$30 worth of coffee. Argggg! I need to get a freaking shock color to remind me to check. It'll be stuff like a single box of cereal for the next four years, though...

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
adam- looks like you need to add it to your calendar of events so you dont forget it:D I have never done it myself, sound kinda cool:cool:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I had a Mark VI and sold it to buy a Series II. The VI's are good horns with major intonation issues that a few people have made famous. Coltrane played on anything (even the plastic saxophones) and he always sounded the same.

A good horn is a good horn...just like speakers... (oh yeah, I tied it to audio!) :D

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Just want to publicly say my cousin is a badass and finally leaving Iraq to start Ranger school.

-pat

(I figured this was the last place a political argument would break out...I've already got traffic school to deal with. Probation would only feed the shame...)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm officially useless this evening. All my plans for working around the house have been de-railed by Brugal Reserva on the rocks.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
(I figured this was the last place a political argument would break out...I've already got traffic school to deal with. Probation would only feed the shame...)
Traffic School isn't so bad if you get a little buzzed before you get there but probation shame is pretty bad though especially if your friends are kind of sick of hearing about audio and wires and Bose and Monster and Blu ray and DTS and 1080p @ 8' and 720p past that and plasma rocks and LCD sucks and AH has a bunch of knowledgeable guys who are great and you can't post there anymore because you're a putz.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My pooch just wiped one of her rear panels on the carpet. I haven't found the damage, yet. Ugggg.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
LOL!
At least there wasn't a trail...
Thanks. :D The problem is, I'm pretty sure that there is a trail - I just haven't found it, yet. It took me long enough to find a flashlight that wasn't too dim or too bright (this one is juuuust right...) that I couldn't remember exactly where it happened. I'm sure that I'll find it roughly 3.5 seconds after the stain becomes permanent.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My pooch just wiped one of her rear panels on the carpet. I haven't found the damage, yet. Ugggg.
What exactly are you talking about and how do you know if you haven't found it yet?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks. :D The problem is, I'm pretty sure that there is a trail - I just haven't found it, yet. It took me long enough to find a flashlight that wasn't too dim or too bright (this one is juuuust right...) that I couldn't remember exactly where it happened. I'm sure that I'll find it roughly 3.5 seconds after the stain becomes permanent.
What are you, CSI? Just turn the lights on already. It's no wonder CSI takes 45 minutes of every show just trying to find the evidence. They're poking around in the dark with flashlights when they should just turn on the darned lights.:D

On that note, I was pleased to see that they are making Liz Vassey's character more prominent. She is that show's greatest asset and has been for some time, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis