NFL Football 2008-09

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Chargers win!!!!

That was a tough game to watch. I hate close games like that. I don't like being stressed out for 3 hours. But it's nice to see that the team is pretty balanced. When the offense is having a bad day, (like yesterday), the defense can step up and win the game and vice versa.

My boy Mighty Mouse AGAIN came up big when it was needed. I can't wait until my custom authentic Sproles jersey shows up. :D
We sweated it out agains the Raiders last week, like any young team the Raiders start out strong but can't finish the deal in the 4th quarter. Thats where you seperate the good from the bad.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Ouch!!...Dirty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I watched it live. Really f-ing scary....

Guy is suspended for 1 game. 50K fine.

He should have got more i think.

Its strange how when someone gets knocked out so violently their hands and legs draw up... so to speak. Thats what makes it so spine tingling for me to see.

Kinda reminds me of how deer react when you get a good vitals shot on them.

Thanks for the reply
Tommy

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know if I agree with the fine. The receiver kind of jumps up, gets pushed in the back, and just happens to come down when the hit is applied. The hitter didn't lower his head. He hit with his face mask.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't know if I agree with the fine. The receiver kind of jumps up, gets pushed in the back, and just happens to come down when the hit is applied. The hitter didn't lower his head. He hit with his face mask.
Helmet to helmet is the rule. The face mask is ON the helmet.:D the fine is a little steep IMO as well. But it was very scary to see it happen. I hate seeing players seriously injured...:(

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not sure if it comes across as well on YouTube, but watching it live on CBS it was quite clear that the safety jumped towards the receiver and led with his helmet. It wasn't a matter of lowering his head because he propelled himself at the receiver head first, as opposed to lifting his head and letting his shoulder pads hit first.

Scary thing is that had boldin's head not been pushed down, the safety would have had his head going directly into Boldin's body.... a very similar play that ended up almost paralyzing that Buffalo special teams player last year.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It wasn't a matter of lowering his head because he propelled himself at the receiver head first, as opposed to lifting his head and letting his shoulder pads hit first.
There are two ways to make a hit.

1) With your shoulder pad when you hit low around the stomach, waist or thighs, and you wrap up with your arms.

2) When your hitting high at the chest, or helmet, you hit with the top (forehead) center of your face mask.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure if it comes across as well on YouTube, but watching it live on CBS it was quite clear that the safety jumped towards the receiver and led with his helmet. It wasn't a matter of lowering his head because he propelled himself at the receiver head first, as opposed to lifting his head and letting his shoulder pads hit first.

Scary thing is that had boldin's head not been pushed down, the safety would have had his head going directly into Boldin's body.... a very similar play that ended up almost paralyzing that Buffalo special teams player last year.

The hit appeared to be intentional to me. I think he should have been fined more and suspended longer. The player who made the hit is a jerk. Almost a criminal act IMO.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

The hit appeared to be intentional to me. I think he should have been fined more and suspended longer. The player who made the hit is a jerk. Almost a criminal act IMO.
I'm in between you and Mazer. It seems clear to me that the player led with his helmet... there's really no doubt about that. What I think is missing is the intent to injure... I don't think he meant to injure Boldin, which is how you draw the line between "criminal act" and "bad accident".

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Al Davis proved once again what a class act he is:rolleyes:. Did any of you see his press conference on the firing of his head coach....what a circus.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Al Davis proved once again what a class act he is:rolleyes:. Did any of you see his press conference on the firing of his head coach....what a circus.
Personally, I LOVE it. Davis is completely senile and he has single-handedly destroyed the Raiders organization. As long as he's running the show, the Raiders will suck.

I hope he lives to be 250.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Personally, I LOVE it. Davis is completely senile and he has single-handedly destroyed the Raiders organization. As long as he's running the show, the Raiders will suck.

I hope he lives to be 250.
BTW the Bills play the Chargers in Buffalo on the 19th, should make for an excellent game. The stadium will be rocking!! With the flexible schedule I can see this game possibly getting moved to prime time.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

BTW the Bills play the Chargers in Buffalo on the 19th, should make for an excellent game. The stadium will be rocking!! With the flexible schedule I can see this game possibly getting moved to prime time.
Not if the Raiders are 1-6....

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Congrats.....You got me too!!!!

New forum rule...No pics of models with panties sporting QB names longer than Manning!!

Nice,
Tommy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis