unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
It's definitely not Lipo. It has a Dynamite 1500 in it right now. It is the HPI Mini RS4, a very old car (got the thing with I was 13 used). I have taken it to a few races but more of a drop in race then club. I used to smash into everyone so I decided that I should just run alone. One time i was racing on an indoor micro track and someone pointed out that my car had an upgraded engine. I smiled and nodded but had no close what my car had.

It's been sitting in the box for a long time because my Fubantu (sp?) controller battery back broke, and at the age of 13 with zero income I couldn't afford to buy a new one.

A few weeks ago my friend bought a MGT nitro truck, and this made me open up the box once again. I did some digging and picked up an Airtronics controller with antenna for 55 bucks. Installed it today and the car runs again. Hoping to race my buddy, sometime tonight, so I've been charging the battery all day. I goal is to beat him off the line. Top end is going to go do him with a 2 speed gearbox.

SheepStar (way to many hobbies)
Maybe its a futaba radio. The MGT is pretty fast on the top. The aceleration of electric will beat any nitro. The best motor/battery combo out right now is the LiPo battery and the brushless motor. Losi makes a nice truck called the Speed T. It will wheelie as long as you hold the trigger on the radio. The nitro side of RC just seems more fun to me because of the reving of the engine and the smell of nitro/alcohol. i wish i had the time to tell you of all the little tricks you can do to a brushed electric motor to gain the edge. is the pinion gear that is on the motor changable? if it is and you have a few different ones you might try them out to see what one gives you the best speed. the more teeth on the pinion gear the faster it is on top end, at the expense of some off the line speed. The less teeth on the pinion, the slower on the top end, but fast off the line. i will throw in a couple links to some reputable online stores for parts for your RC.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=HPIC0637&P=Z
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_24_538

Peace,
Tommy

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Tommy, little gifts like that or even just a kind word can really mean a lot to some people. Many here have been very kind in regards to my Mom's situation. For that, I am forever grateful. There are some really good people here-people that know this hobby quite well, but are also very generous and caring. Hope all is well there given the hurricane Fay aftermath. Read in my local paper that some people had large alligators in flooded areas which would scare me half to death to say the least. :eek::eek: Large gators can really be dangerous. Tommy, I sure hope you and the family are safe.

Cheers,

Phil
Phil, So far we havent seen any ill affects of the storm. Sometimes after a drout, when its rains alot, we have sink holes. I always worry about that more than flood dammage. We rarely even get puddles of water in our neck of the woods. It may be due to the fact that we live in the country and there is a better soil to cement ratio than in the city. when you have all them streets and parking lots to drain, there arent many places for the water to soak in. Thanks for your thoughts and kind words.

Peace,
Tommy

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe its a futaba radio. The MGT is pretty fast on the top. The aceleration of electric will beat any nitro. The best motor/battery combo out right now is the LiPo battery and the brushless motor. Losi makes a nice truck called the Speed T. It will wheelie as long as you hold the trigger on the radio. The nitro side of RC just seems more fun to me because of the reving of the engine and the smell of nitro/alcohol. i wish i had the time to tell you of all the little tricks you can do to a brushed electric motor to gain the edge. is the pinion gear that is on the motor changable? if it is and you have a few different ones you might try them out to see what one gives you the best speed. the more teeth on the pinion gear the faster it is on top end, at the expense of some off the line speed. The less teeth on the pinion, the slower on the top end, but fast off the line. i will throw in a couple links to some reputable online stores for parts for your RC.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=HPIC0637&P=Z
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_24_538

Peace,
Tommy
I can't afford to upgrade anything. I will most likely be selling all my stuff in a year or so and getting out of the hobby. I need to narrow it down. I've decided that car tuning and RC cars has to go. It's getting too expensive. Guitar has peaked as well. I am going to sell my Washburn combo and get my Hiwatt Custom 50 running again. Then buy a few pedals with the money from the Washburn. Already have a Heil ound Cab.

SheepStar

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Here's some shots from the Wings of Victory air show in Fairfield Co. Ohio.

Matt34

Matt34

Nice pics DTS! I'll have some good aviation pics (Blackhawks) I'll post up when I get home.

Here are some pics my wife sent me of the new German Shepard pup (4 wks old) we're looking at getting. These were taken with my wife's new Nikon D40 that I bought for her B-day. The Mom has a excellent German linage, they actually bought her in Germany when they were stationed there. The Dad is AKC registered. They had one female and two males but one of the males didn't make it through the first night.

Last edited:
DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Thanks....those are real nice looking pups, OK, their cute as can be. :eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Another HDR. Finally have Photomatix cracked so the watermarks are gone.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very cute pictures, Matt! Ummm, I mean...those are some ruggedly handsome photos there, Matt (I know that you're still watching my Man Card). ;)

Oh, by the way, "shenaningans." :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What kind of lenses do you have for the Nikon? Cute puppy!

SheepStar

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
To anybody and to Sheep:)
I'm looking for a camera that i can time to take pictures at a time interval of my choice either by a computer or from the camera.

It shouldnt be expensive :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Whatever the D40 comes with stock? I don't think the package I ordered for her had any additional lenses.
Oh. Are you planning on getting into photography? Nikon was a wise choice, All the Lenses fit any body.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Oh. Are you planning on getting into photography? Nikon was a wise choice, All the Lenses fit any body.

SheepStar
Not at this time, too many expensive hobbies for me but I do get to reap the benefits of "her" camera.;) I do enjoy the photos you guys post in this thread though.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
To anybody and to Sheep:)
I'm looking for a camera that i can time to take pictures at a time interval of my choice either by a computer or from the camera.

It shouldnt be expensive :D
What do you mean my time interval, like, have it go off at certain times of day, or have it on a timer? Most camera's have built in timers, but I wouldn't know where to look for the former. Also, some higher end camera's have remote triggers, so you could possible use that to do what you were thinking of.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Not at this time, too many expensive hobbies for me but I do get to reap the benefits of "her" camera.;) I do enjoy the photos you guys post in this thread though.
I hear ya. I'm selling off some of my hobbies in order to fund an SLR camera.

SheepStar

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
What do you mean my time interval, like, have it go off at certain times of day, or have it on a timer? Most camera's have built in timers, but I wouldn't know where to look for the former. Also, some higher end camera's have remote triggers, so you could possible use that to do what you were thinking of.

SheepStar
On at timer. but those that I have seen have a self timer that is used once and then you have to time it again.

i'm looking for something that you can time it to take pictures like every 30s, 1 min or 5 min. you get my drift.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
On at timer. but those that I have seen have a self timer that is used once and then you have to time it again.

i'm looking for something that you can time it to take pictures like every 30s, 1 min or 5 min. you get my drift.
Oh.. yeah I don't know. One of the more experienced camera guy's can answer your question when they are online though.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis