If Buckeye Nut can do it, so can I

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Would it change your view?
Do you have any reason to think it wouldn't? Do you have experience with me NOT carefully examining evidence and arguments presented to me?

Whether it would change my view depends entirely what the evidence and reasoning is. But I do try very, very hard to carefully consider all viewpoints.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have any reason to think it wouldn't? Do you have experience with me NOT carefully examining evidence and arguments presented to me?

Whether it would change my view depends entirely what the evidence and reasoning is. But I do try very, very hard to carefully consider all viewpoints.
Maybe we should agree to disagree and leave it at that.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly, you may be right. I think getting over prejudice is going to be a big hurdle for both Clinton and Obama.
I agree very much. I don't know who would have a bigger problem overcoming it between the two. I would probably have to lean towards Obama.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
2. Stock Market: Another way of saying "record levels" is "back on track to Clinton-era trends". Which is nice and all, but nothing to brag about.

It's silly. It's crap.
that would be the part where the harem-holding, Grand Jury perjuring, golf-playing, White-watering, send a couple of missiles at tents in Afghanistan as "punishment", FBI-file reading, airport-stopping, aide-disappearing, teflon SOB took credit for the benefits of the economic strategy provided by Reagan, B-1, and a Republican Congress ?

you might remember that the slimeball didn't actually get elected... Ross Perot just got B1 un-elected.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media. Polls show that the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton Administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.
INSERT: "Despite our strong record-high economy and record-low unemployment due to measures MY ADMINISTRATION put in effect, the immigration reform that I PROPOSED failed to pass in the senate because a large number of moronic bigots who blame the millions of illegal immigrants for the crumbling state of our country DON'T GET IT."

Last edited:
johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
I agree very much. I don't know who would have a bigger problem overcoming it between the two. I would probably have to lean towards Obama.
Do you mean Obama has the bigger problem, or do you lean toward Obama being able to overcome it? As much as I think Obama is brilliant, charismatic, knowledgeable, and capable, for me his weakness is that he hasn't even finished one term, not his ethinicity. I'd rather wait and see what, and how he does as a Senator, and then let him run in 2012, or 2016. It might be too soon. Hillary, I've never liked. What I can't understand is Richardson's place in the polls, given his track record. On the opposite field, I like Giulianni, he has proven a lot. But right wing republicans don't like him for being MODERATE.;)

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
that would be the part where the harem-holding, Grand Jury perjuring, golf-playing, White-watering, send a couple of missiles at tents in Afghanistan as "punishment", FBI-file reading, airport-stopping, aide-disappearing, teflon SOB took credit for the benefits of the economic strategy provided by Reagan, B-1, and a Republican Congress ?

you might remember that the slimeball didn't actually get elected... Ross Perot just got B1 un-elected.
Errr....irrelevant much? None of that actually addresses the fact that "record high" stock market really is no different from "back on track" or "finally recovered".

And please do go talking about who didn't really get elected...sheesh...

Last edited:
L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Errr....irrelevant much?
it was implied that Clinton was responsible for the economic prosperity in the 90s... his only "economic policy" was to continue to re-new Greenspan as chief of the Fed. Greenspan himself was originally appointed in 1987 by Reagan. so Clinton's credit for anything economic derives directly from Republican efforts.

The bottom line is that your statement applies as much to Clinton himself as it does to my comments...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
it was implied that Clinton was responsible for the economic prosperity in the 90s... his only "economic policy" was to continue to re-new Greenspan as chief of the Fed. Greenspan himself was originally appointed in 1987 by Reagan. so Clinton's credit for anything economic derives directly from Republican efforts....
Thanks Leprkon.
Finally!
Someone who knows something about Macro-Economics.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
HEY! I invented the internet! Not the Gecko and not Mr 2x4!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure everyone has heard of the term 'armchair quarterback', well this thread is about armchair politicians. Do you really think that assigning a non-sensical label like liberal or conservative captures the views of any one party or political affiliation?

It's all nonsense and I have to laugh out loud. Both parties - left, right, liberal, conservative, etc have been slowly destroying the country. It's all BULLSH!T. The US is a mere figment of its former self - we are now the world's largest debtor nation and will go the way of the roman empire in our lifetime if we don't get competent leadership soon - regardless of what silly label you want to assign to them.

Just think of the lyrics to the Neil Young song 'Rockin in the Free World' to get a true picture of what the US has become.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure everyone has heard of the term 'armchair quarterback', well this thread is about armchair politicians. Do you really think that assigning a non-sensical label like liberal or conservative captures the views of any one party or political affiliation?

It's all nonsense and I have to laugh out loud. Both parties - left, right, liberal, conservative, etc have been slowly destroying the country. It's all BULLSH!T. The US is a mere figment of its former self - we are now the world's largest debtor nation and will go the way of the roman empire in our lifetime if we don't get competent leadership soon - regardless of what silly label you want to assign to them.

Just think of the lyrics to the Neil Young song 'Rockin in the Free World' to get a true picture of what the US has become.
Too true.:cool:

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
The US is a mere figment of its former self - we are now the world's largest debtor nation and will go the way of the roman empire in our lifetime if we don't get competent leadership soon - regardless of what silly label you want to assign to them.

Ironic, isn't it, that the largest debtor nation gives out more foreign aid than any other country in the world ? That we are still expected to take the lead in resolving any issues of significance ? That our stock market twitters and every place else cringes ? That someone like Connie Chung could get a job instead of be executed ? Ever see Stalin and Kruschev get together to raise money for tsunami victims ?

We may have some problems. We still dress like tourists and butcher the hell out of the French language, and yes we did invent the AMC Pacer, but I'll still take it. At least we aren't killing our own people because they have the wrong variant of our religion or come from the wrong tribe.

As for Neil Young, well, I do believe it's been said that "A southern man don't need him around, anyhow..."

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
At least we aren't killing our own people because they have the wrong variant of our religion or come from the wrong tribe.
We may not be killing them, but I am sure quiet a few people from the wrong religion have ended up in Guantanamo Bay because of it or the fact that they are too out spoken. Thats not so bad is it I mean they might get a trial...eventually? :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis