Illegal Immigration? Watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caupina

Full Audioholic
All you guys pointing at "other factors" are killing me,are you so blinded that you cant see illegal immigration is a cause & effect situation,not one issue being pointed at as a factor cant be traced directly back to the source,the cause of every last "other factor" is illegal immigration,the effects are drastically increased tax burden on the rest of the country.

You can point at "other factors" as being the problem but the simple truth is that if there were no illegal aliens there would be no "other factors" to point fingers at.

Pointing at other things as being the problem is exactly whats wrong in this country,most people have been wishy washy for so damm long they have lost the ability to make decisive decisions,instead they look at all the "other factors" instead of starting with the problem at hand.

If big business operated the way our wishy washy non condeming government operates it would be doomed to failure.
Do you really think that most of the illegal aliens come to the States to sit on their asses all day and do nothing????

I don't think so, they come here to work for a wage that's a lot more that in most of their own countries so their families can have a better future.

If they get free medical services or whatever for that matter, it's because the law provides for that. If the law changes, then the conditions change and maybe coming to the USA wouldn't be so tempting for them, but I have to give to you guys, your laws make me think how anybody could be so naive....if an illegal gets caught, he is then cited for a court appearance in a future day and walks scott free, what makes you think he's coming back. come on guys, you should kick him out on the spot.

I don't like illegals anymore than any of you because it shows no respect for your laws and your country. I don't show up at your house uninvited, and then expect you to show me some courtesy, but on the other hand, a whole bunch of these illegals, if not all, come from a very poor background, they don't know any better, USA is like heaven to them, the only choice they have. Even when I was a kid, I'd look up to the States, and wish I could just live there, it came true but under different circumstances, I love my country, and if the company I work for sends me back there, or decides I should stay, I'd be happy either way as long as I have my family around, and the chance to visit my relatives in Chile.

superstar

superstar

Junior Audioholic
(I'm on dial up at work, so I can't watch it again)
You guys are still on dial up? :eek: ouch, I see that you are from the Philippines, just curious, is dsl/cable a luxury for most people or is that your work does not have the need for it?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Do you really believe that???? It looks to me that the main reason was (is) OIL. Well, I don't have all the facts to start an argument so is just a personal opinion.

I might have missed some news, but did they ever find the WMD????

The U.N., I believe, suggested a different way of action, but the U.S. just said we are going to make it our own way.

By the way I'm from Chile (probably a country you've never heard of before, or if you did it was because of Pinochet)

Did they teach you this arrogance in Chile?...oh wait. Never mind. I probably never heard of that country. It must be a pepper or something.

Oh, yes, and it's a good thing we launched against Iraq (since you're here, you may want to spell it like we do in the U.S.). Just look at the gas prices. Imagine how terrible they'd be without us controlling Iraq's oil. Yeah, right. By the way, Iraq controls their own oil sales and pricing. You may think the dirty Americanos control the world...not quite true. Point out your argument to the Iraqi government and see your reply.

It IS true that America (the U.S. to you) works and even fights for its interests in the world. To do less would be ridiculous. And you might note that every country in the world do so in its own fashion with its own resources. And yep, even that pepper country I've never heard of to the south. :rolleyes:

It's easy for a foreigner to criticize a nation he hasn't grown in or known intimately. Especially if that foreigner is from a country that spends more time fighting with itself than bettering the world. Pinochet, indeed. (Were you one of the Marxists that were tossed? Is that how you came to be here?)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Did they teach you this arrogance in Chile?...oh wait. Never mind. I probably never heard of that country. It must be a pepper or something.

Oh, yes, and it's a good thing we launched against Iraq (since you're here, you may want to spell it like we do in the U.S.). Just look at the gas prices. Imagine how terrible they'd be without us controlling Iraq's oil. Yeah, right. By the way, Iraq controls their own oil sales and pricing. You may think the dirty Americanos control the world...not quite true. Point out your argument to the Iraqi government and see your reply.

It IS true that America (the U.S. to you) works and even fights for its interests in the world. To do less would be ridiculous. And you might note that every country in the world do so in its own fashion with its own resources. And yep, even that pepper country I've never heard of to the south. :rolleyes:

It's easy for a foreigner to criticize a nation he hasn't grown in or known intimately. Especially if that foreigner is from a country that spends more time fighting with itself than bettering the world. Pinochet, indeed. (Were you one of the Marxists that were tossed? Is that how you came to be here?)
Wow, so you know a lot about Chile???. I'm sorry if I insulted your intelligence, it was not my intention.
So what do you know about us????...Probably just part of the story (or history). I see Pinochet under a different view (I'm not a Marxist, I'm not that old to have been tossed out of the country during those years;) )

Please don't take it personal tomorrow. I just disagree on some issues (this is the land of freedom of speech, right???), I've should've been more careful not to stir some controversy here 'cause I'm just a third world country visitor, on a work permit:eek: . Well, never mind my comments, in fact it wasn't the intention of my first post on this issue.

By the way Chile, doesn't mean pepper country (at least be more respectful), and do a little research before you say some ignorant comment (I'm not arrogant, I knew you didn't know better:cool: )

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Do you really believe that???? It looks to me that the main reason was (is) OIL. Well, I don't have all the facts to start an argument so is just a personal opinion.

I might have missed some news, but did they ever find the WMD????

The U.N., I believe, suggested a different way of action, but the U.S. just said we are going to make it our own way.

By the way I'm from Chile (probably a country you've never heard of before, or if you did it was because of Pinochet)
Your right! you don't have all the facts, if any.
If the USA went to Iraq, or as you say, 'Irak'.
If we went there for oil. And we got all this free oil now.
I'm thinking we wouldn't be paying $3.00 a gallon.
Simple supply and demand.
Your convoluted logic doesn't work here.
(you know, the oil, you say we invaded Iraq for)
That oil would drop the price of our oil, and we wouldn't be paying $3.00
a gallon.
As for the waste of space called the U.N.
They offered up 18, count them, 18, resolutions, that Sadam ignored, for well over eight years.

The WMD topic.
One of Sadam's generals wrote a book, he said he personally ordered passenger planes to be stripped of seats and loaded with WMDs and flown to Syria.
His claim, is that planes were flown over there for many months, over the time the lame U.N.
just made one 'do nothing' resolution after the other.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, so you know a lot about Chile???. I'm sorry if I insulted your intelligence, it was not my intention.
So what do you know about us????...Probably just part of the story (or history). I see Pinochet under a different view (I'm not a Marxist, I'm not that old to have been tossed out of the country during those years;) )

Please don't take it personal tomorrow. I just disagree on some issues (this is the land of freedom of speech, right???), I've should've been more careful not to stir some controversy here 'cause I'm just a third world country visitor, on a work permit:eek: . Well, never mind my comments, in fact it wasn't the intention of my first post on this issue.

By the way Chile, doesn't mean pepper country (at least be more respectful), and do a little research before you say some ignorant comment (I'm not arrogant, I knew you didn't know better:cool: )

There is much you assume but don't know, my Chilean friend.

Your comments were and are certainly meant to insult.

Your opinions are welcome. Your knowledge is welcome (especially if it is correct). Disagreements aren't to be avoided, but to be cherished as a vehicle for learning. But when you start with the personal attacks, sarcasm and arrogance, and when you show a lack of respect for others, you earn no respect.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I'm thinking we wouldn't be paying $3.00 a gallon.
Simple supply and demand.
Your convoluted logic doesn't work here.
(you know, the oil, you say we invaded Iraq for)
That oil would drop the price of our oil, and we wouldn't be paying $3.00
a gallon.
They offered up 18, count them, 18, resolutions, that Sadam ignored, for well over eight years.

The WMD topic.
One of Sadam's generals wrote a book, he said he personally ordered passenger planes to be stripped of seats and loaded with WMDs and flown to Syria.
His claim, is that planes were flown over there for many months, over the time the lame U.N.
You know, I want to state very clear that it was my very personal opinion. My apologies if I touch some sensible issues there, however I do watch the news on a regular basis and I've noticed some arguments about the oil price being brought up by some refineries shutdowns due to "suspicious" schedule maintenance, but the idea behind that is just to augment the profits.

Regarding Saddam's general quote, I don't know about that, but everybody can say pretty much what they want.

Cuba has been ignoring the U.N. all the time, I don't see the same course of action in that case, and Cuba is considered a terrorist harboring country according to DHS, so why Iraq (sorry for my spelling before) and not Cuba (I don't have anything against them, just making a simple comparison). That makes me wonder, but hey, this is getting completely off-topic.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
There is much you assume but don't know, my Chilean friend.

Your comments were and are certainly meant to insult.

Your opinions are welcome. Your knowledge is welcome (especially if it is correct). Disagreements aren't to be avoided, but to be cherished as a vehicle for learning. But when you start with the personal attacks, sarcasm and arrogance, and when you show a lack of respect for others, you earn no respect.
My apologies, tomorrow, but the same could be said of you. I didn't mean to insult anybody, but from my experience, and please do not be offended, most people I've come in contact with for the last 5 years I've been here, have some vague idea or not at all about Chile. It is pretty well know fact for us outside the US, that Americans don't know much about outside their borders (this may not include you or all the forum members), but I came across the other day a video of "The View" with Barbara Walters interviewing our current president Michele Bachelet, and most of the guest there didn't have a clue about Chile.

Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwxAbvHO2pk

So again, just personal experience.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Here's the best solution I've heard so far.

George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use. The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq. Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it. After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved. If you think this is a good solution to both the problems, forward it to your friends. I just did.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Cuba has been ignoring the U.N. all the time, I don't see the same course of action in that case, and Cuba is considered a terrorist harboring country according to DHS, so why Iraq (sorry for my spelling before) and not Cuba (I don't have anything against them, just making a simple comparison). That makes me wonder, but hey, this is getting completely off-topic.
Cuba does not have oil...nor does it have WMD's. The only time it did have ordnance to threaten the United States, it was blockaded (with a potential threat of beginning WWIII until the USSR backed down its shipments of missile parts). (Should I now make some Caupina-type comment about you needing to further your studies of recent history? That's my point about how you present yourself, by the way.)

Caupina, you are the one taking this off-topic. And you don't appear to be willing to discuss the present issue, only present your opinions as fact and mix in a bit of sarcasm and comments about others' ignorance to further alienate thread participants. It's not that you touch "sensitive issues" as you say. You insult.

But whatever floats your boat. I'm done responding to you.

superstar

superstar

Junior Audioholic
Okay, now we are in the topic of being grammatically correct! :confused: It's funny when one tries to correct another, yet they make errors themselves.

Your right! - You are, you're...

Didn't your English teacher teach you to never start a sentence with a conjunction?

Wow... I guess having representatives of different countries congregate in a single place to discuss their country's needs/wants/problems and trying to come together as one is a bad thing, wait, your solution would be to have them on speed dial instead? We might not need the U.N. for military/economic reasons but I think it is great for those that are in need.
Is this a justification for the War in Iraq?

The WMD topic.
Huh? :eek: Did Syria ever get attacked with WMD? Did they actually find WMD?

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Cuba does not have oil...nor does it have WMD's. The only time it did have ordnance to threaten the United States, it was blockaded (with a potential threat of beginning WWIII until the USSR backed down its shipments of missile parts). (Should I now make some Caupina-type comment about you needing to further your studies of recent history? That's my point about how you present yourself, by the way.)

Caupina, you are the one taking this off-topic. And you don't appear to be willing to discuss the present issue, only present your opinions as fact and mix in a bit of sarcasm and comments about others' ignorance to further alienate thread participants. It's not that you touch "sensitive issues" as you say. You insult.

But whatever floats your boat. I'm done responding to you.
Same here.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
You guys are still on dial up? :eek: ouch, I see that you are from the Philippines, just curious, is dsl/cable a luxury for most people or is that your work does not have the need for it?
no, I'm on dsl at home. sssshhhh. at work, I'm supposed to be working and not on the net :D

our work has no need for the internet.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Where is the WMD? Or was it a elaborate and concocted CIA/Media yarn? Anyways, more Iraqis die now than they ever did during any regime there, what was once a country with extremely high living standards ( yes I visitied there in the early 90s before this fiasco ), now lives in shambles and death and destruction, whole of Iraq has been combed and yet no WMD but yarnmill keeps on spinning as I can see well. As usual the politicians and their cronies keep getting richer, huge contracts laced in blood of both Iraqis and US soldiers. US embassy in Iraq is the most costliest and biggest ever to be build, what does that tell you.

Last edited:
C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Where is the WMD? Or was it a elaborate and concocted CIA/Media yarn? Anyways, more Iraqis have die now than they ever did during any regime there, what was once a country with extremely high living standards ( yes I visitied there in the early 90s before this fiasco ), now lives in shambles and death and destruction, whole of Iraq has been combed and yet no WMD but yarnmill keeps on spinning as I can see well.
Hey, where were you when I needed you, man???? Tomorrow was giving me a hard time;)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Saddam never should have been ousted.

No, that was not a civilized country. It was a brutal place kept in check by a vicious dictator who ruled by fear and would just as soon kill as talk.

He was a vicious SOB who was as crooked as pushed spaghetti, looted all he could to build a gold temple to himself and killed his opponents (or those he thought to be opponents) on whim. It was a fun family outing for him and his kids to feed civilians into wood chippers feet first so they could enjoy the screams until fatal shock set in.

But, you know what? That's what these animals deserve! It seems that's all they respond to.

We're not doing the bulk of the killing. They are! They kill each other with wanton abandon and seem to enjoy it. If nothing else, we're just targets but notice, they prefer to target women and children in shopping malls and near schools.

If nothing else, we've made Iraq more democratic in that now everyone can join in the killing. You no longer need to be the king. Now, everyone can play the game.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
This was a observation I made awhile ago!

Where is the WMD? Or was it a elaborate and concocted CIA/Media yarn? Anyways, more Iraqisdie now than they ever did during any regime there, what was once a country with extremely high living standards ( yes I visitied there in the early 90s before this fiasco ), now lives in shambles and death and destruction, whole of Iraq has been combed and yet no WMD but yarnmill keeps on spinning as I can see well.
I'm all for dis-arming IRAQ. However knowing what we know now and the state of their country I just shake my head. More people have died and are still dying, each and every day due to this conflict, then before Saddam. It's primitive!!

Here's the link which was later attached, although not by me;).
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/walter.asp

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Never knew anyone enjoys killing each other, how about the F-16s dropping bombs and calling the deaths collateral damage? I forgot just like the animals in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, these are animals too who don't deserve to live, how bout 2 billion Indians and Chinese, they have nukes that can cross the ocean, huge army willing to kick butt of anyone, have severe human rights abuse record, abject poverty, also have oil and other goodies, why not spin the yarnmill and attack them as well while you are at it, those animals too enjoy killing each other. How bout a policing action like NAM there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis