What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Just setup the Eversolo DMP-A6 I ordered. Looking to upgrade my streamer and DAC from the Blusound Node 130 I was using As a streamer and the DAC in my Rotel preamp. Hooked up with the same optic cable I was using for the Node for now. Ordered RCA cables so I can bypass the Rotel DAC.
IMG_4627.jpeg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Just setup the Eversolo DMP-A6 I ordered. Looking to upgrade my streamer and DAC from the Blusound Node 130 I was using As a streamer and the DAC in my Rotel preamp. Hooked up with the same optic cable I was using for the Node for now. Ordered RCA cables so I can bypass the Rotel DAC.
View attachment 68246
Wouldn't you want S/PDIF 75Ω "digital" cable to pass a digital signal cleanly?

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Wouldn't you want S/PDIF 75Ω "digital" cable to pass a digital signal cleanly?
Not if he thinks the newer DAC in the Eversolo is better.
I expect on paper it is, but he'll have to give it a listen to make a final determination.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Yes thanks for the replies. any digital connection will be processed through the Rotel DAC. So both the optical cable I have now and a coaxial digital cable would be the same. Using the analog input with RCA cables will bypass the Rotel DAC and pass through the analog signal from the Eversolo. I could use the XLR input but that’s being used by the CD player. Eventually I’ll probably try the DMP-A8, so I can input the CD player into it with the XLR cables and then connect the Eversolo to the preamp through XLRs.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I recently bought a Rockville subwoofer for my bedroom stereo, and I really like it. It has an eight inch driver, and it makes plenty of bass. Peace and goodwill.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My music order came in plus I found these at a thrift shop. The top CD was a Discogs order, the rest from a thrift shop.

IMG_2339.jpg

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Very disappointed with my new Sony 65" XR-X90L. :mad: I have two dead pixels taking it down now noticed that last night. returning for exchange at Best Buy. Can't see it till you get up close. Taking it down, boxing back up. Road trip back to BestBuy. They have two more in stock.

1720543545303.png

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Very disappointed with my new Sony XR-X90L. :mad: I have two dead pixels taking it down now noticed that last night. returning for exchange at Best Buy. Can't see it till you get up close. Taking it down, boxing back up. Road trip back to BestBuy. They have two more in stock.

View attachment 68282
That's a pain. Can you have them light up the replacement in store before you take it?

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
That's a pain. Can you have them light up the replacement in store before you take it?
Thanks @-Jim- great advice! I'm gonna ask them to do exactly that. Hopefully that can be done. Production date stamped on the back is, June 2024. Can't get any newer than that I guess.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Thanks @-Jim- great advice! I'm gonna ask them to do exactly that. Hopefully that can be done. Production date stamped on the back is, June 2024. Can't get any newer than that I guess.
Should be able to just slide the box top up and off and plug it in while it still sits in the box.....if they won't do that at the store, do it yourself at home before you totally unbox it.
This is a good practice when you buy any set at any time, or any place to check for shipping damage.

I've seen quite a few sets that are shattered (cant tell until you plug it in) from shipping. even if the box looks fine.
(especially from Amazon)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
New purchase, records. I'm a fan of Lake Street Dive. I'd picked up one of their albums a couple months ago, new, as a Record Store Day re-issue for reasonable cost. I've also got their album "Bad Portraits" on CD but wanted it on vinyl so I ordered their new release "Good Together" along with a remastered 10th Anniversary issue of "Bad Portraits."

1000007451.jpg

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Should be able to just slide the box top up and off and plug it in while it still sits in the box.....if they won't do that at the store, do it yourself at home before you totally unbox it.
This is a good practice when you buy any set at any time, or any place to check for shipping damage.

I've seen quite a few sets that are shattered (cant tell until you plug it in) from shipping. even if the box looks fine.
(especially from Amazon)
They wouldn't do a screen check at the store, my Son and I did exactly as you suggested, actually was his suggestion that we plug it in before we Installed. We had to remove the cardboard protective from the screen, but left it sitting in the lower end of the box. Looked good, saw no black dead pixels. Got it set-up, ran new firmware update. had to resign into Max, Prime Video, and Sony account. Ran a 4K pixel test off of YouTube. Son and I got close we each took a side looking again for dead pixels on a totally white full screen all good. Just finished. Happy camper again. @isolar8001 thanks for the tip and for chiming in. Very much appreciated guys!

I should mention it went smooth at Best Buy awesome service. Production date: March 2024 on this one.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Can't find it on any normal streaming services so I finally ponied up for it.

*Edit AND I am returning it... I ordered the Limited Edition and they sent the Standard one, which is $20 less.

**Edit - there was a new listing on ebay for the Limited so I picked it up there instead.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Yes thanks for the replies. any digital connection will be processed through the Rotel DAC. So both the optical cable I have now and a coaxial digital cable would be the same. Using the analog input with RCA cables will bypass the Rotel DAC and pass through the analog signal from the Eversolo. I could use the XLR input but that’s being used by the CD player. Eventually I’ll probably try the DMP-A8, so I can input the CD player into it with the XLR cables and then connect the Eversolo to the preamp through XLRs.
Update. I connected the 6 to my preamp using good Amazon RCA cables. I can definitely hear the difference with my old man ears. The question now is how much better will the 8 sound compared to the 6 using XLR cables. More to come.

C

Chokurei

Enthusiast
In the last month I've purchased Philharmonic Audio Streamline HT Towers and an Eversolo DMP-A8. Extremely happy with both!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis