D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I suppose though Kinzinger is kind of right. If Biden is the biggest obstacle to a Trump win, then it's possible impeachment is the way for them. The concern though is will they have any evidence?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
On the surface it's about the corrupt deep state, but the truth is it's about getting Trump reelected by any means. Trump's first impeachment regarding extortion. He could have cared less about if there was any merit to the claim. I believe it was a former Trump cabinet member who said Trump was only interested in the announcement of an investigation. I think it was because Biden posed the biggest threat to his reelection. Or it being reported in a clip MTG was calling for a Biden impeachment on Day 1. Pointing to Biden is the biggest obstacle to Trump. The stuff on Hunter's laptop strikes me as being pretty flimsy.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Any plans on impeachment of Biden will work like the plans to impeach Trump, It will never work, no real facts. Just a waste of time and energy and yes we pay these losers to do what it appears these days is absolutely nothing.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Any plans on impeachment of Biden will work like the plans to impeach Trump, It will never work, no real facts. Just a waste of time and energy and yes we pay these losers to do what it appears these days is absolutely nothing.
I think the difference is Trumps indictments have been made clear as to what the charge is. Documents, Georgia, Jan 6th, attempting to steal an election etc. Biden's are not so clear.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I think the difference is Trumps indictments have been made clear as to what the charge is. Documents, Georgia, Jan 6th, attempting to steal an election etc. Biden's are not so clear.
Not really what I wrote it was the plans to impeach Trump when HE WAS president by the Democrats. . Trouble is he stayed in office/

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not really what I wrote it was the plans to impeach Trump when HE WAS president by the Democrats. . Trouble is he stayed in office/
I'm not sure there were no facts. The two impeachments were blocked by Republicans. However, to be honest, it's all political. They both do it, and neither of them really believes in the law unless it benefits them.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/confederate-memorial-at-arlington-will-be-removed-despite-gop-opposition/ar-AA1lB9jU

I do lean on state rights on this one, but it's more along the lines of People have a right to their stupid. What they seek, they get.

Having said that, I don't see how Republicans can win on this issue. It's often driven on preserving our history and heritage and the belief the Democrats are trying to erase our history. Even though like you're commemorating the confederacy no matter how hard you try and say you're not. LOL. I think of it like getting upset when Democrats call you racist, but you want to preserve something that's racist. Well we're not racist(!). I think the Democrats have the Republicans by the balls on this one. (See bold at the very bottom for my point.)

(It appears they're removing it and placing it at a new park. Begging what was the point of spending all this money for??? It seems like this is a compromise.)

It portrays, according to the cemetery’s website, a “mythologized vision of the Confederacy, including highly sanitized depictions of slavery.”

-----

This month, 44 Republican lawmakers cautioned Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, the first African American to hold the post, that the Pentagon would overstep its authority by removing the memorial and they demanded that all efforts to do so stop until Congress works through next year’s appropriations bill. The memorial “commemorates reconciliation and national unity,” not the Confederacy per se, the group led by Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.) claimed.

-----

They said out of an abundance of caution that security at the cemetery would be enhanced when the work begins in coming days.

-----

The Army is coordinating with the state of Virginia and the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, a federal agency, to relocate it to New Market Battlefield State Park. The site is about 100 miles west of Arlington.

-----

That context must be understood, said Ty Seidule, a retired Army general who was the vice chair of the congressional commission that recommended the monument’s removal from Arlington. While Republican lawmakers described the marker as an ode to reconciliation, it was installed in what was then a racially segregated cemetery and molded in celebration of an emerging racial police state in the South.

“It’s incredibly ironic the party of Lincoln is the one doing this,” said Seidule, a historian and visiting professor at Hamilton College, describing the GOP effort to stop the marker’s removal. “It is the cruelest monument in the country because it is so clearly proslavery.”

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure there were no facts. The two impeachments were blocked by Republicans. However, to be honest, it's all political. They both do it, and neither of them really believes in the law unless it benefits them.
Yep just a waste of money. Talk about hypocritical parities, both make it out they are doing this for the people, but in fact they are doing this for their ego's and to get re-elected.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I kind of thought McConnell had the best reply on confederate symbols: That's up to the states to decide. Then get the hell outta the conversation!!!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So you feel sad that commemorations of defending slavery and traitors are removed? I'm sure the neo-Nazis feel the same.
Funny thing is I just got done explaining the downfall of trying to defend those statues in #227.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

the removal of history temporarily put on hold .............
History? You mean the history books been sanitized about the civil war?
Oh, I think the cemetery is federal property, not state but I could be wrong.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Being called out and hear the truth hurts, doesn't it?
I didn't write the article numbnuts, NY Times did. Whether you or anyone else has a problem with it I couldn't give a rats arse, understood ?

Besides, I won.
yes you did, now, like every other pathetic little $@#%, go get your trophy !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't write the article numbnuts, NY Times did. Whether you or anyone else has a problem with it I couldn't give a rats arse, understood ?
You wrote the comment that removal of history was put on hold. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
History? You mean the history books been sanitized about the civil war?
Oh, I think the cemetery is federal property, not state but I could be wrong.
Says national and run by the US Army.

I seem to remember someone giving a guideline on confederate symbols: textbooks, museums, and I'd add remote historical settings. I wouldn't recommend one in a public square or next to a court house. Wives of confederate soldiers doesn't count either LOL. Having said that, it does come down to state rights IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis