D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It reminds me of conservatives in general in the ecosystem. It's believed the left controls the schools and media, and that they're in the minority. Yet I don't ever hear them demand more from their own news. It's as if they're stuck in a time loop of 1) demand the left report on the left, and 2) get mad when the left don't report on the left LOL. I remember the time a person it felt like was clinging onto that CNN article because finally(!) they had a piece shedding negative light on the left. It's backwards: conservatives using sources on the left to make their point LOL. There was a Melania article in which she said she didn't want the right to report it but the left. I've seen other examples over the years of people complaining about CNN. Like they're on the left LOL. Assuming all is equal, it begs what the hell is conservatives news good for if it isn't pushing fears & lies? I keep LOL because when I point towards more journalism I get deer headlights.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Another funny one where the Faux reporter points to the immigration entrance and says all this land is owned by the cartel. It's dark and nothing is happening. Award for Journalism of the Year. Who, what are they doing, and where??:D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Eagle Pass, TX-

A few times to Faux's credit they've shown a few hundred people, but my favorite are when they lock down the tripod and show the river flowing. Or 1 guy sitting on the rocks between the river. A van with about 5 people. Are they handcuffed, or legal workers? Who knows! 3 guys running threw a yard. Illegals running from the law, or kids playing in the neighborhood? I dunno. Gotta get some spy drones up there. Not too convincing. :p

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's funny because Faux has the most resources of any network in the country yet its ah lock the camera down. Close enough. :p

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What Faux will do. Wow, terrible border crisis.:rolleyes:
1703262790425.png

What you should do. I can say holy poop!
1703262921680.png

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Interesting source of energy..........

And what does she propose to do about the Creosote that as used to prevent decomposition?

Just to be sure, she wants to use old, discarded ties, right?

I think the landscaping industry is going to be very unhappy about this.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
They tell the truth about each other, but rarely do they tell the truth about themselves.

I still take that one to heart when I heard it years back. You go to the left on the right; you go to the right on the left. I don't think it really changes anyone's mind on policy, but its what I like to do.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also years back I remember a radio host describing our local news. The one channel was the best because it was no frills. It didn't have that "hometown" feel crud. Its set probably didn't cost a million dollars. It just reported hard news, and the amount of news they got in 22 minutes packed a punch.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

What he values, he says, is something different from the conservative hot take-machine: real investigations, seeking out scoops, digging for data. As he sees it, he’s providing a rare service, occupying a narrow journalistic niche: old-school, shoe-leather reporting from a conservative point of view. 

------------

This talent problem is widely acknowledged: His boss, Free Beacon editor-in-chief Eliana Johnson says, “Talent acquisition and talent retention is the most daunting challenge I think for any journalistic organization on the right.” (Johnson is a former POLITICO reporter.)

------------

.....and done what some people have long been begging conservatives to do more of: pure reporting, digging up and revealing new information. Sibarium has done that, quietly, without sting operations — and without the millions of eyeballs turned on pundits like Ben Shapiro, Dan Bongino and Carlson.  

----------

Why? When it comes to conservative media’s “talent problem,” Sibarium says it’s “partly education polarization, resulting in there just being fewer overall smart conservatives.” (Research backs up his assertion that liberals are, on average, more intelligent and more educated.) To Sibarium, who graduated from Yale in 2018, it’s obvious there are fewer “smart” conservatives than liberals — just look at how few conservatives attend elite colleges: “It does not seem plausible that the reason liberals are so overrepresented at elite schools … is entirely due to liberal bias.” After all, he says, it is conservatives who insist disparities do not imply discrimination.

Another reason for the dearth of rigorous conservative investigative reporting, according to Sibarium, is that the so-called smart conservatives don’t go into journalism. The Supreme Court is not short on smart conservative judges or smart conservative clerks. The Federalist Society is not short on members. There are enough savvy conservatives to staff Republican congressional offices. As Johnson tells me, conservatives are just “not attracted to journalism. ... They’re going to law school, they’re going to med school, they’re going into finance.”

Journalism also pays poorly compared with other jobs that require the same education and skills, and a young, smart, hardworking conservative has the same options that young liberals do for financial success: consulting, finance, medicine, tech and law.

“The competition isn’t between, ‘Well, do I want to work for this major daily regional newspaper or do I want to work for this conservative magazine?’ It’s, ‘Do I want to work at BlackRock or do I want to work at this conservative magazine?’ And that’s hard competition.” That’s according to Ryan Wolfe, who is director of the Center for Excellence in Journalism at The Fund for American Studies, where he oversees the most prestigious prize for early career conservative journalists, a $35,000 grant known as the Robert Novak Journalism Fellowship.

Beyond the money, there’s also prestige. Journalists at explicitly conservative outlets get little of the prestige that mainstream journalists get that compensate for their low salaries — and conservative eyes and ears are mostly focused on TV and radio anyway. Then there’s the fact that conservative reporters are the aberration in a movement led by a man who calls the press “the ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!” 

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
“It does not seem plausible that the reason liberals are so overrepresented at elite schools … is entirely due to liberal bias.” After all, he says, it is conservatives who insist disparities do not imply discrimination.

Unless I interpreted this wrong I think conservatives do think the news is liberal biased. I'm just not convinced they care to do anything about it (ie with their own investigative journalism.)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You report it!

I couldn't stop LOL on this one. It was a reference from a conservative to the liberals to report on what they wanted. Uh no you report it.;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I don't really think though it's a part of the broader game plan for conservatives. You have Fox and radio, and quite a bit of it is sensationalism and the other stuff mentioned. I think the goal is to sort of flood the zone with poop, and that's how they'll push America to the right.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can see this here on AH as well. o_O
Oh I dunno. I think they know what they believe, but they don't really believe much in journalism on the web. I think it's crucial because by not in my view they have nothing to say.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One of the dumber ones I find is the boarder crisis. I'd like to see presidential comparisons on 1) how many are trying to get in, and 2) how many are getting in. Honestly, just put up the f--king numbers.:rolleyes: I guess on the eye test I go with Trump, but it's so politicized I dunno. Not that I will be voting for him but out of curiosity.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis