davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Lovin my 2023 Subaru Crosstrek. Getting around 35 mph with AWD. Beats the heck out of my old KIA Sportage AWD which was getting around 25 mpg.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just saw GM is gonna kill the Camaro in 2024. Then replace it with a four door electric sedan. They even might call it Camaro. I hope everyone involved gets hit by a ford mustang doing crowd control.
Probably the same guy that thinks making Corvette a brand as opposed to a car model is a good idea.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
articles and videos, yes.

As for new C8 variants, we finally had a ZO6 show up at 'cars & coffee' last month
My buddy is still on the waiting list(s). He said he won't get one till 2025.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Probably the same guy that thinks making Corvette a brand as opposed to a car model is a good idea.
As for the Camaro I hear rumors it will resurface as an electric 'pony car' ? If so, I'm OK with that, for what Ford did with the EV 'stang was a slap to the face of Lee Iacocca. On the other hand if Zora were still alive I suspect he would be in favor of the Corvette being 'branded' , given all the fighting he had to do with GM brass back in the day !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As for the Camaro I hear rumors it will resurface as an electric 'pony car' ? If so, I'm OK with that, for what Ford did with the EV 'stang was a slap to the face of Lee Iacocca. On the other hand if Zora were still alive I suspect he would be in favor of the Corvette being 'branded' , given all the fighting he had to do with GM brass back in the day !
Personally as a Camaro fan and owner, I hope it’s not true. I can’t stand the idea of my beloved pony being turned into a four door E car. What they did to the emustang is disgusting. I agree about Zora though. In the day, he would have made a great head of the brand. Just my little opinion.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Personally as a Camaro fan and owner, I hope it’s not true. I can’t stand the idea of my beloved pony being turned into a four door E car. What they did to the emustang is disgusting. I agree about Zora though. In the day, he would have made a great head of the brand. Just my little opinion.
I was pissed the first time they got rid of the Camaro and Firebird models. Making it a 4 door car would just be terrible. They already have plenty of old models to call a new 4 door sedan.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I was pissed the first time they got rid of the Camaro and Firebird models. Making it a 4 door car would just be terrible. They already have plenty of old models to call a new 4 door sedan.
Agreed, that was a sad time as well.
Like how about the Nova, or Chevelle which actually had four door versions. I would rather they didn’t use either of those two names either. Oh hey, here’s a crazy idea! Give it its own brand new name!!!!!
I know I’m in the minority, but I disliked that the modem charger is a four door, but I like it better than the challenger. Never liked the original either, looked weak kneed and definitely preferred the ‘cuda.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed, that was a sad time as well.
Like how about the Nova, or Chevelle which actually had four door versions. I would rather they didn’t use either of those two names either. Oh hey, here’s a crazy idea! Give it its own brand new name!!!!!
I know I’m in the minority, but I disliked that the modem charger is a four door, but I like it better than the challenger. Never liked the original either, looked weak kneed and definitely preferred the ‘cuda.
Once upon a time I seriously considered getting one of the new chargers with the 6.4 just because it's one of the only 4 door sedans you can get a decent v8 and rear wheel drive that isn't german.

Now I think I'd just get a newer Camaro.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
well, back in the day my '70 T/A was anything but 'weak kneed' ..........

View attachment 63860
Haha! Fair enough. That’s not quite stock though. In stance and I’m sure power. Nice car though.
It’s just to my eye it was less appealing than other cars of the day. Most notably the hip line and the dimensions below it. In fact many late 60’ and 70’s cars looked weak kneed, to me anyway. What I mostly mean is the wheels were just inset to the body so far that they looked top heavy.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Once upon a time I seriously considered getting one of the new chargers with the 6.4 just because it's one of the only 4 door sedans you can get a decent v8 and rear wheel drive that isn't german.

Now I think I'd just get a newer Camaro.
Agreed. I’ve even thought of selling mine to finance one. But it’s the very first car I ever owned and my family has sworn to kill me if I do. lol!!! In the end, I think it would be a bad choice.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
the other factor is there are still too many tracks without enough shut-down length to accommodate the speeds they are running. the fuel cars are already running faster at a 1000' than they were at 1320 !
saw this old post, made me realize, Mike Salinas(Top Fuel racer) just recently hit 300 mph in the 1/8th mile, incredible !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis