cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
30k !! ?? absurd !!
what trans ? 727 or a 4 speed. Regardless, if he spent 30 grand he got hosed !!
For ex: a 70 Challenger 440 sixpack, with a Mopar A883 18 spline 4- speed transmission & Dana 60 Rear Axle. .From Brewer Performance who specializes in Dodge rebuilt for $500 using your core. . A new rebuilt total replacement would be about $3000. Whoever told this guy $30k is super hosed. ( and that's a hemi trans at that)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For ex: a 70 Challenger 440 sixpack, with a Mopar A883 18 spline 4- speed transmission & Dana 60 Rear Axle. .From Brewer Performance who specializes in Dodge rebuilt for $500 using your core. . A new rebuilt total replacement would be about $3000. Whoever told this guy $30k is super hosed. ( and that's a hemi trans at that)
I may be wrong about that price, but it was still way more than I would have expected. Still in the 5 figures, maybe $10k. Some shop in LA. This was his dad's car, passed down to him, all original.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I like this one. '69 "Black Death" as I call it LOL.
1696540936010.png

Looks like the early Camino's were a wing car and more a sedan. For more muscle/body I'd say 68-72 according to this.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I like this one. '69 "Black Death" as I call it LOL.
View attachment 63694
Looks like the early Camino's were a wing car and more a sedan. For more muscle/body I'd say 68-72 according to this.
That’s the body style I like too. It’s a little bit “4x4” looking with the stance, but that’s easy to fix.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
basically the same front end as the Monte Carlo of that generation(designed for NASCAR) I know them well, my '86 Monte race car (10.14 @ 136mph)

View attachment 63693
Nice monte! My BIL has an 84(non ss) with a 468 in it. Pretty cool.
My brother has an 82 S-10. It was running 8.50’s around 160mph iirc. They decided to go 1/8 mile this year. Was trying to hit 4’s. Tracks were too damn hot this year.
He also drives a ridgeline(has since they came out). It’s basically a Monte Carlo! Lol

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nice monte! My BIL has an 84(non ss) with a 468 in it. Pretty cool.
My brother has an 82 S-10. It was running 8.50’s around 160mph iirc. They decided to go 1/8 mile this year. Was trying to hit 4’s. Tracks were too damn hot this year.
He also drives a ridgeline(has since they came out). It’s basically a Monte Carlo! Lol
mine was a LS6 454 '30 over' (462), only thing left chevy on it was the block. Dart Pro-one heads(big time porting), Calles crank and rods, Je forged pistons, solid roller cam. Dynoed @ 715 hp, I had thought about a 250 shot of Nitrous but would have had to back half the car and decided not to. TH400 full manual up against a 9", 38 spline, 4.33 gears.

Monte motor pic.JPG
monte interior.JPG
monte interior.JPG

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Is the chevelle a broader name for a subset of cars? '66 up for auction has Malibu on the side.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw GM is gonna kill the Camaro in 2024. Then replace it with a four door electric sedan. They even might call it Camaro. I hope everyone involved gets hit by a ford mustang doing crowd control.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still a bit confused but the 64-67 Chevelle is a Malibu. Also a SS. Chevelle was more mid range built on performance. The Malibu luxury. Now obviously it's just the Malibu since the 70s I think.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm still a bit confused but the 64-67 Chevelle is a Malibu. Also a SS. Chevelle was more mid range built on performance. The Malibu luxury. Now obviously it's just the Malibu since the 70s I think.
In ‘78 it became simply Malibu. But until then, it was just a trim package(luxury). All Malibus are chevelles, but not all chevelles are Malibu’s.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In ‘78 it became simply Malibu. But until then, it was just a trim package(luxury). All Malibus are chevelles, but not all chevelles are Malibu’s.
exactly, think of it along the lines of Biscayne, Belair, Impala. All the same basic body. All the manufactures did it, Plymouth Road Runner and then the luxury performance version, GTX

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis