D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One thing I don't get is the Boss302? LOL. Hardly a boss, eh? It's the 429 that's a real boss I'd think. It must have real high performance despite its ci.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
One thing I don't get is the Boss302? LOL. Hardly a boss, eh? It's the 429 that's a real boss I'd think. It must have real high performance despite its ci.
Well the reason it was created was to compete in the SCCA Trans-Am class for displacements under 305 cu in, like the Z28. The Boss429 which is really about the engine was built so it ( the engine in a stock car) could race in NASCAR, if Ford sold the engine in 500 production cars.. The BOSS302 like the Z28, the late 60's cars are most desirable. As far as who's the boss, well it depends, as in racing its the class you race in.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well the reason it was created was to compete in the SCCA Trans-Am class for displacements under 305 cu in, like the Z28. The Boss429 which is really about the engine was built so it ( the engine in a stock car) could race in NASCAR, if Ford sold the engine in 500 production cars.. The BOSS302 like the Z28, the late 60's cars are most desirable. As far as who's the boss, well it depends, as in racing its the class you race in.
Why would the 302 or Z28 be more desirable than the 429?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Why would the 302 or Z28 be more desirable than the 429?
For collectors they bring a lot of money for the 68 and 69 version. Reason, racing heritage. Fewer than 7000 Boss 302s were produced during the two years they were made. Boss 302s are factory-built, tamed versions of Ford's race cars that dominated the 1969 and 1970 SCCA Trans-Am Racing seasons. The 429 is one heck of a motor, but it was a NASCAR and its rare. But racing heritage, the edge goes to the little 302 in those two years. Heck I would like both, along with another 69 Z28.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For collectors they bring a lot of money for the 68 and 69 version. Reason, racing heritage. Fewer than 7000 Boss 302s were produced during the two years they were made. Boss 302s are factory-built, tamed versions of Ford's race cars that dominated the 1969 and 1970 SCCA Trans-Am Racing seasons. The 429 is one heck of a motor, but it was a NASCAR and its rare. But racing heritage, the edge goes to the little 302 in those two years. Heck I would like both, along with another 69 Z28.
I’m assuming your 69 was a real gennie Z? What ever happened to it?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I’m assuming your 69 was a real gennie Z? What ever happened to it?
All numbers matching. Bought it brand new in 69 in Ocala Fl from Turnipseed Chev when I was working part time after school, washing cars. ... What happened to it, I was offered one of those can't refuse offers. I miss it at times, but at the time the $$$$ were nice to have and invest.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My buddy would bring his convertible Challenger on Friday and the whole team would hop in and go cruise to lunch. It is numbers matching; he said it was like $30k to have his trans rebuilt by a specialty shop to maintain that status.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My buddy would bring his convertible Challenger on Friday and the whole team would hop in and go cruise to lunch. It is numbers matching; he said it was like $30k to have his trans rebuilt by a specialty shop to maintain that status.

30k is ridiculous.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
30k is ridiculous.
Estimate for the value of the car is right around $100k though, if he swapped the trans, it would kill the value.

The one I snagged the pic from is $109k. My buddy has the 440 also. It definitely turns heads on the road.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. 30k? I think he got taken for a ride! I’d have to see the invoice for that.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was pretty surprised when he said that. Labor and parts are pretty high, but man. Maybe it included other things as well, I just heard trans when we were talking.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

30k !! ?? absurd !!
what trans ? 727 or a 4 speed. Regardless, if he spent 30 grand he got hosed !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis