William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
saw this old post, made me realize, Mike Salinas(Top Fuel racer) just recently hit 300 mph in the 1/8th mile, incredible !!
That’s insane! I remember when Bernstein hit 300. In the 1/4…

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
saw this old post, made me realize, Mike Salinas(Top Fuel racer) just recently hit 300 mph in the 1/8th mile, incredible !!
Wow.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Reading this and looking at times. NHRA Pro Stock, still 1/4 mile,, record 6.450 seconds . That's moving.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wish that fuel cars were still 1320’. To ME, that’s the yardstick. It was very sad when Scott and Eric died, but I hate 1000’. I don’t have the easy button answer, but I wish someone did.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Reading this and looking at times. NHRA Pro Stock, still 1/4 mile,, record 6.450 seconds . That's moving.
you know Chris, old farts like you and I can remember the days of Funny Cars running in the low 7's !!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I wish that fuel cars were still 1320’. To ME, that’s the yardstick. It was very sad when Scott and Eric died, but I hate 1000’. I don’t have the easy button answer, but I wish someone did.
There are a handful of tracks that have the shut down length to accommodate but I'm not sure about other safety issues given the potential trap speed. Not to mention would the motor hold together for another 320' ! :eek:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
There are a handful of tracks that have the shut down length to accommodate but I'm not sure about other safety issues given the potential trap speed. Not to mention would the motor hold together for another 320' ! :eek:
Well the cost of each run and parts was also part of the decision. But they still shitt up. Frankly I’d rather see them skip tracks that don’t have the room but that’s another argument. I’ve been thinking of some electro magnetic device embedded into the runoff area that could be activated in the event of a run away car. Or something…I don’t know.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It quite as old as you boys, but I attended my first national event in ‘78!
Back in the early seventies when Mattel Hot Wheels was sponsoring FC they put on a 'Match Race' between the Mongoose(McEwen) and The Snake( Prudhomme) at a 1/8 mile track (Lancaster Speedway)outside Buffalo, NY. I was still a kid in High School so it was either '70 or '71 but it was my first smell of 'Nitro in the air' !

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Back in the early seventies when Mattel Hot Wheels was sponsoring FC they put on a 'Match Race' between the Mongoose(McEwen) and The Snake( Prudhomme) at a 1/8 mile track (Lancaster Speedway)outside Buffalo, NY. I was still a kid in High School so it was either '70 or '71 but it was my first smell of 'Nitro in the air' !
My first BIG RACE was the first Gatornationals (1970) Garlits , Candies & Hughes, Roland Leong’s Hawaiian, Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins bagged the first Gatornationals Pro Stock title with his ’68 Camaro on a 9.90 to 9.86 holeshot tally against Ronnie Sox. Since I was living in Gainesville while going to college I tried to attend each GatorNational event. Always a fast event.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I attended the Gator Nationals once, about 30 years ago, good time. One of these March trips to Fl I've got to get to Garlits museum in Ocala

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Americans and their inability to manage money ............

"I want, I want, I want!, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!".

Full-sized pickups & SUVs are, as the article says, a cash cow for GM- when a base model Suburban starts at $59K, it's not surprising that people who can't afford them are defaulting.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Full-sized pickups & SUVs are, as the article says, a cash cow for GM- when a base model Suburban starts at $59K, it's not surprising that people who can't afford them are defaulting.
Why would you want a Suburban anyway?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I attended the Gator Nationals once, about 30 years ago, good time. One of these March trips to Fl I've got to get to Garlits museum in Ocala
Its worth the visit. And you might even see Don at 91 years old walking around. It takes about 2 hours or more to walk around.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I have to laugh when they all advertise like 10k of of sticker worth of incentives etc. I mean they are just admitting to how overpriced cars are.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Those two were my favorite hot wheels EVER!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis